C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 C200 2016 diesel engine noise!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport C Class C200 2016
Exclamation W205 C200 2016 diesel engine noise!

Hi Guys,
This is my first post since joining the forum- which was this morning :-)!

I am a proud owner of a 66 plate sport C-Class model and it honestly does feel great and looks the biz too! I have clocked just under a thou miles on it and have noticed that there is a weird noise which seems to come from the engine - it seems that the noise can only be heard when pulling off, more specifically when finding the biting point and accelerating. The noise seems to disappear when the car is moving. To my knowledge it has not affected the performance of the car and the best way to describe the noise is that its very similar to the noise that any diesel engine would make when about to stall.

I have also noticed that if i rev the engine a lot more, it does not make the sound. I have put some thought into the fact that perhaps being a slightly underpowered engine (1.6 I believe lol), I need to revv that bit more.....

I was wondering if this is something that other owners have experienced and if its worth getting it checked with the dealership.

Thank you!
Old 11-09-2016, 08:17 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
For a new vehicle which you have a question over, you should of course utilise the dealership. Thats what you paid alot of money for.

Re the specific noise from your vehicle its very hard to diagnose in any menaingful way with out being there first hand.
Its worth while going through the car with a fine tooth comb and adding any other issues to the list while your at it...
I am confident something else will need attending too..

All the best bach..