C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

new C250 Final order details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c220
Question new C250 Final order details

Hi,

I have finally decided to buy a new C250

Details:

C250D AMG Salloon:
Obsidian black metallic
Premium plus
Driving assistance pack
360camera
Air balance pack
Night package (18') .

I am giving my existing car away at the end of December.

The dealer called me today and said that there would be some extra time as there is a problem with the 18' and the night package so I should expect this the second week of April 2017 ....

He said that If I order the 19' inch wheels night package I would be able to have the car in January instead,

I have explained that I am not very keen as it would mean a harder ride and probably more expensive tyres (any idea how much more per tyre btw?) .. the dealer suggested to add airmatic with it to compensate for the ride (with a total added cost for both of £1350).

I tried to find an airmatic car to drive initially but was not able to get a holdof one so I have driven an exact model like the one that I am buying and I was happy with the overall ride to be honest.

I was also reading that airmatic means more expensive repairs in case that something goes wrong ? is that true ?(planning to keep the car for 10+ years)

I called the dealer and asked him to proceed with the order as is (keep the 18'inch and not add airmatic) ,however I still have time to change my mind and I wanted to see what you guys think?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2016, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
I've owned four AirMatic equipped cars. Three S Class and my current 205. The ride is smooth and silky and as far as I'm concerned air is a must on the 205, which leans heavily toward the stiff side. The run flat tires don't help either.

In terms of repairs, north of 60k miles each of my S had some sort of AirMatic failure. Typically a strut will develop a leak and need to be replaced. Sometimes the compressor will burn itself out compensating for the leak. All of mine were under warranty (CPO) and ran around $1500-$3000 at the dealer.

I'd get the car with air and 18". Very comfortable and if you want to firm it up for a sportier feel when the mood strikes just toggle AirMatic over to Sport or Sport + mode and it will gladly punish your kidneys for you. It's very nice to have the capability to adjust the suspension with a button.

A steel suspension and 19" on run flats, unless you drive on very smooth roads all of the time, is a brutal combination. Because of their short, rigid sidewalls the 19" runflats are prone to sidewall ruptures, as several members here will attest.