C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Does your polor white paint pop like mine!!???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 10:20 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Dstopsie
My intent here was to show that polor white which has no metallic properties to it, can shine. I was also happy with my detailers results. I'm not trying to show anyone up. I take pride in the ownership and maintenance if my cars.

I had no idea each one of your responses would be so rude and inconsiderate.

Thanks for such a kind welcoming to your forum.

By the way, I'm also a girl.
boo fawking hoo.......the fact that you had to say 'you're a girl' says it all

Old 11-24-2016, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by hyperion667
boo fawking hoo.......the fact that you had to say 'you're a girl' says it all

Says what all?
Old 11-24-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
That was my point. Polor white wasn't my first choice in color. I wanted iridium silver. But my dealer who is one of the largest dealers in Los Angeles wasn't getting any in this color and the package I wanted until probably April or May 2017. I needed to get out of my Lexus RC 350 because it sits way too low and was killing my pre-existing back condition. So I decided to go for the polar white knowing very well that my detailer would make it shine. I don't think I've ever owned a car without some form of metallic in the paint which I don't believe polar white has. I try to eliminate the swirls with my washing method where I only use microfiber towels and a Meguiars professional detailer rent rinseless wash and wax D115 that my detailer helped develop with Meguiars. I have found to be very effective and maintaining my cars as it emulsifies the dirt and allows me to wipe it off very safely. Swirls or introduced by your washing methods.
D115 is an amazing product and if you get it in bulk from autogeek (or anywhere) it can last a long time. Congrats on your ride and the detail job, people don't realize detailing gets rid of a lot of grime that is already on the car from being transported or sitting on a dealer lot. When I got my car I hit it with Menzerna PF2500 on a bunch of different DA pads before using a sealant and the car still looks amazing.

Happy turkey day!
Old 11-24-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
D115 is an amazing product and if you get it in bulk from autogeek (or anywhere) it can last a long time. Congrats on your ride and the detail job, people don't realize detailing gets rid of a lot of grime that is already on the car from being transported or sitting on a dealer lot. When I got my car I hit it with Menzerna PF2500 on a bunch of different DA pads before using a sealant and the car still looks amazing.

Happy turkey day!
thank you. I love D115 too. I have been using it for 3 years. I just reordered some from Detailed image as they are having a 25% off sale and autogeek is only having a 15% off sale now. Thank you for your kind words and happy thanksgiving to you too!!!
Old 11-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,449 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
My car shines like that or better
Old 11-24-2016, 11:41 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts
C300 S205 AMG, GLA 45 AMG
Nice work mate,
My polar white wagon left me underwhelmed initially, so I did the polish and sealant, then I tried the wax top , then I tried a coating similar to yours...
The gloss was nice but the reflections weren't sharp enough due to the orange peel...

So I decided to wet sand and flat the paint then fully repolish it back to jewelled.. (Better than factory), and now that I have a decent base it's as glossy as the coating was with nothing on it... It's cool...

So now I play with sealants and waxes depending on what I want.. Deeper gloss (souveran wax) glassy finish good water repel (collinite), or crazy water repel fusso coat... Or c Quartz for clean and bright...

I don't recommend the wet sand though it was very laborious... But I do love the cars look so much more now... Hate the factory orange peel they all come with..

Enjoy the the new car 👍🏻
Old 11-25-2016, 12:18 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cl 65
gotta love forum dip****s lol. welcome to the forum as i am fairly new and of course with this big forum come big egos! I like your car and who doesnt love a car girl because there are too many car guys and we need to offset that 8)

any full pics of your car?
Old 11-25-2016, 12:24 AM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Lol. Thank you. That's really cute!!
Careful! He might be being sarcastic
Old 11-25-2016, 05:25 AM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by fastlife23
gotta love forum dip****s lol. welcome to the forum as i am fairly new and of course with this big forum come big egos! I like your car and who doesnt love a car girl because there are too many car guys and we need to offset that 8)

Hi. Here is pic after tints and coating applied. Haven't had a chance to take a lot of pics yet. Have some from when I was at the dealer when I took delivery. But the tint changes the whole look of the car.

I guess I really don't understand why some forum members would be so rude and condescending to a new member.
Attached Thumbnails Does your polor white paint pop like mine!!???-img_0239.jpg  
Old 11-25-2016, 06:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Looks nice. Lexus has some of the best colors I had star fire pearl in the gs.

I chose diamond white white for my c450, just be careful with polar white as you will start seeing swirl marks easier then on paints with more layers in it. Anyways white is the best color to maintain and easiest bedsides silver. So enjoy it.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:32 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by fastlife23

Old 11-25-2016, 09:42 AM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by Yeezus

I chose diamond white white for my c450, just be careful with polar white as you will start seeing swirl marks easier then on paints with more layers in it. Anyways white is the best color to maintain and easiest bedsides silver. So enjoy it.
Hi

Yes that's why I had the car coated. It does help protect the paint from marring and swirl marks. Only proper washing methods can really prevent swirls though. I was taught by my detailer how to use a waterless rinseless method to help prevent swirls. My IS 350 fsport and my RC 350 fsport were both Ultra white and I loved that color. Iridium was my first color choice but I could not find any 2017 C300 Sports Sedan's with it at any dealers. My dealer said that it wasn't going to go into production for them until March 2017. And because of a pre-existing back condition, I had to get out of my RC and really couldn't wait. That's what I decided to go with the polar white.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by Yeezus

Does anyone have a comparison photo of Diamond white vs Polar white?
Old 11-26-2016, 01:54 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cl 65
Originally Posted by hyperion667
lol good pic
Old 11-26-2016, 04:23 AM

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
even after i just finished washing my 2016 c450 iridium silver, the car is NOT very shiny. dont new car already pre-waxed from factory? it makes me think i picked the wrong color ?
Old 11-26-2016, 04:42 AM

Nothing on your paint from factory.
may I suggest you spend some time on "Autogeek online how to section" where some excellent articles will help you understand why you aren't getting the look you are after...
your car colour is great but needs some help to look it's best...
Summary:-
wash
iron x
clay
polish
LSP
read up in all the steps re how to do.
incest in some good quality basic products, find what you like and use it often...

Just did the same to a mates pug today and the wife's merc yesterday...

All the the best 👍🏻

Last edited by Shadwell; 11-26-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
E class, C class
Originally Posted by netboy
even after i just finished washing my 2016 c450 iridium silver, the car is NOT very shiny. dont new car already pre-waxed from factory? it makes me think i picked the wrong color ?
Do you have a photo? Don't think new cars are pre waxed, they dealer might have done so during the pre delivery preparations.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 244 Likes on 196 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Welcome to the Forum! I plan on having the Ceramic coating done on both cars after paint correction. Looking for a good quality shop in the NY Area.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:37 PM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by Nice Ride
Welcome to the Forum! I plan on having the Ceramic coating done on both cars after paint correction. Looking for a good quality shop in the NY Area.
Hi. You won't regret the coating. This is my 4th car that I had coated. My prior detailed used 22ple which was good. My new Detailer used Beeds on my new car. I washed it today (I wash it waterless with Meguiars Professional D115 Rinse and Wax solution) and my car came out as slick as can be. In fact after driving it for one week, there really was very little dust on the car. Most of it was on the panoramic sunroof.

I definitely recomemd the coating. It's like adding another layer of clear coat to your car.

Thank you you again for the welcome!!
Old 11-26-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2015 C250 AMG Line, Vision, COMMAND, Seat Comfort, Driver Assistance, Parking Assistance W205
Welcome. The car looks great.

Ignore them. You were clearly responding to the 'dude' comment. I'm afraid this forum harbours insecure men who exhibit sexism and racism (look out for how they describe cars they believe Asian people may drive) and use 'gay' as a put down...

Shadwell, did you paint part of your brake callipers Black?
Old 11-27-2016, 06:30 AM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by kleinebin
Welcome. The car looks great.

Ignore them. You were clearly responding to the 'dude' comment. I'm afraid this forum harbours insecure men who exhibit sexism and racism (look out for how they describe cars they believe Asian people may drive) and use 'gay' as a put down...

Shadwell, did you paint part of your brake callipers Black?
Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate your kind comments!!!!
Old 11-29-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C400
Congrats on the car and also taking the precautionary steps in maintaining your paint. I'm from the OC area and I might be interested in having this done. Could you tell me how much did it cost and is the person willing to travel to OC?

thanks
Old 11-29-2016, 08:28 PM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by Jawknee_5
Congrats on the car and also taking the precautionary steps in maintaining your paint. I'm from the OC area and I might be interested in having this done. Could you tell me how much did it cost and is the person willing to travel to OC?

thanks
Hi. My Detailer is actually from the OC area. I had the new car prep which means he washed, clayed, buffed the paint, and striped the car of all wax then he applied Beeds ceramic coating to the entire car, headlights and tail lights, muffler, chrome piece in front of car, all 4 rims and the windshield. It took about 5 hours and cost me $800. His company is Gloss Angeles and his name is Ian Howard. I highly highly recommend him. My car came out fantastic. The price is of course dependent on the condition of your paint. I had the car 2 days before he detailed it.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C400
Hi. My Detailer is actually from the OC area. I had the new car prep which means he washed, clayed, buffed the paint, and striped the car of all wax then he applied Beeds ceramic coating to the entire car, headlights and tail lights, muffler, chrome piece in front of car, all 4 rims and the windshield. It took about 5 hours and cost me $800. His company is Gloss Angeles and his name is Ian Howard. I highly highly recommend him. My car came out fantastic. The price is of course dependent on the condition of your paint. I had the car 2 days before he detailed it.
Thanks for the info! I will definitely give this a whirl. 800 is not a bad price at all. I've had mine for a month now and when I got the car, it felt smooth from the dealership detail. However, if you ran a sandwich bag over the paint, you can feel the bumps that you would not feel with a bare hand.

With that said, I'm going to look into the ceramic coat. Headlights are key for me because my last car, the headlight had a yellowish tint to them after years of being on the road.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:22 PM

Paint roughness will respond well to iron X and clay.

For coating suggest looking into McKees37 coating, if you can wax a car you can coat it with the correct product....