C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Lack of Acceleration while driving issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Lack of Acceleration while driving issue

This happened twice and both times with my wife driving.

She said she saw some (error) message regarding "Blind Spot Assist And lane Assist" and the car kind of was not able to accelerate fast (my guess is it was like it was in a lower gear, don't think it went to manual mode)

This lack of acceleration while driving on road is very concerning. I am going to take it to the dealer but wanted to see if anyone has seen this issue and that will maybe help to explain the problem better.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:30 PM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Originally Posted by Zenyatta
This happened twice and both times with my wife driving.

She said she saw some (error) message regarding "Blind Spot Assist And lane Assist" and the car kind of was not able to accelerate fast (my guess is it was like it was in a lower gear, don't think it went to manual mode)

This lack of acceleration while driving on road is very concerning. I am going to take it to the dealer but wanted to see if anyone has seen this issue and that will maybe help to explain the problem better.

Thanks.

So looks like many others have seen this issue too. What happened is exactly what is explained in this CLA thread, including the dangerous lack of throttle.

http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/64-...d-3-times.html
Old 12-01-2016, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Lane keep assist works by braking the wheels on one side of the car to "nudge" it back into the lane. Same deal if you might be drifting toward something in your blind spot. Maybe that's what she perceived as a lack of acceleration?
Old 12-05-2016, 01:57 PM

2015 C300 4Matic Luxury
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Lane keep assist works by braking the wheels on one side of the car to "nudge" it back into the lane. Same deal if you might be drifting toward something in your blind spot. Maybe that's what she perceived as a lack of acceleration?
That one is momentary though. This persisted until she stopped and restarted. Also, the Lane assist and blind spot assist lights were turned off after that.

Losing throttle on freeway is downright scary. Taking to the dealer tomorrow, afraid of "could not reprodude" verdict.