C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Brake pads and rotors Worn out after 7k miles!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
W205 C250 2016
Talking

Hi!
One year and 9,000 miles later from my first rear breaks pads replacements, here we go again!
Rear breaks are totally worn out, but the front breaks still have like 65%

Dealership wanted a rear disk rectification, I told him NO. I'm not a mechanic but disc appearance looked good and break feeling was as usual.
I was afraid that he will later tell me that I need new disks. They only replaced the pads and everything seems good.

I have another BMW 528i with 22,000 miles and breaks are in good condition! I'm sure MB is using rubber break pads or some very low quality pads. If not, should be a design flaw in the break system or the COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST is using the breaks every time the red triangle show in the dash,
Anyway, I will sell this car in some months, I wish good luck to the next owner.

Best regards!
Old 06-13-2018, 02:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes AMG GT 2020
Went to the dealership because my brakes were squeaking. Dealership calls me stating both my front and rear pads are between 3-4MM and need to be replaced. I only have 6,500 miles on my car. I have service included but they're telling me brakes aren't included in the prepaid maintenance. Dealership wants about $650 to replace brake pads.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 43. 2018
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Holy hell are you mega trolling right now? I hope so because everything about that post made my brain hurt
I second that.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by Quickburn7
brought my car in for the service A and because my brake sensor light came on in my 2016 C450. Car only has 7k miles on it and dealer is saying I need to pay to replace the rear pads and rotors and soon the front pads and rotors in a few months.
i haven't tracked the car but do drive it like an AmG. Have had many Mercedes and Bmw m cars and never had to replace pads in the 3 years of the leases let alone the first 8 months.

how do I fight this to get the warranty to cover under abnormal wear and tear?
For some reason C-Class brake rotors warp early on as a general rule (probably planned obsolescence). On my 2016 C300 the brakes started shuddering around 20,000 miles. The rears for some reason had less pad than the fronts so I changed the rear pads and rotors. Got the parts from FCP Euro. Pads were ceramic Akebonos, rotors were the same as you would get from the dealer, but for less money. The shuddering was reduced by quite a bit but still some there. But now with 40,000 miles the shuddering is getting worse. I went to the dealer and they said you have warped rotors (DUH!!), so I have ordered new pads and rotors from FCP Euro again. So good luck on getting something on warranty, but Mercedes will just classify this as a wear item and you are stuck replacing them on your own dime. Parts will be around $420.00, pads and rotors from FCP Euro. About half what the dealer will charge. It is an easy DIY job. Good luck.