C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Varex Mufflers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Varex Mufflers

As part of my quest to find a variable sound exhaust system for my car, I came across this Australian company X Force. They make a line of universal mufflers called Varex that look promising.
http://www.xforceusa.com/xforce-prod...-250/cid-/vid-
Summit Racing sells them for under $300 each and they look pretty decent. Apparently they've been around for a while, but new to the US. The only reviews I was able to find are from Toyota Supra, Subaru WRX, and Mustang GTs.
The standard set comes with a keyfob remote, but they also offer a Smartbox that has a bluetooth enabled app, and even hooks into the vehicle OBD port. http://www.xforceusa.com/varex-smart-box The cool part about this is the ability to preset opening parameters based on throttle imput, engine RPM, even geographical location. Too much drone at 2000RPM, shut it 72%. You want is at full open at idle and full throttle, and closed the rest of the time? Set it and FORGET IT.
I am really digging this product and I'm about to climb under my car to measure the OEM mufflers. These boxes are 15" in length, and use a 2.5" inlet with no flange. Other models are offered with exposed motors and flanged ends.
Does anyone have experience with this company or its products? Or before I climb under the car, does anyone know if a 15" long muffler is going to fit back there?
Old 03-12-2017, 03:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
w205 C43, 958.1 CTT
Originally Posted by cenzo86
As part of my quest to find a variable sound exhaust system for my car, I came across this Australian company X Force. They make a line of universal mufflers called Varex that look promising.
http://www.xforceusa.com/xforce-prod...-250/cid-/vid-
Summit Racing sells them for under $300 each and they look pretty decent. Apparently they've been around for a while, but new to the US. The only reviews I was able to find are from Toyota Supra, Subaru WRX, and Mustang GTs.
The standard set comes with a keyfob remote, but they also offer a Smartbox that has a bluetooth enabled app, and even hooks into the vehicle OBD port. http://www.xforceusa.com/varex-smart-box The cool part about this is the ability to preset opening parameters based on throttle imput, engine RPM, even geographical location. Too much drone at 2000RPM, shut it 72%. You want is at full open at idle and full throttle, and closed the rest of the time? Set it and FORGET IT.
I am really digging this product and I'm about to climb under my car to measure the OEM mufflers. These boxes are 15" in length, and use a 2.5" inlet with no flange. Other models are offered with exposed motors and flanged ends.
Does anyone have experience with this company or its products? Or before I climb under the car, does anyone know if a 15" long muffler is going to fit back there?
wonder if one can go with the AWE track exhaust and add these muffles to the straight pipe part of their system? That way you get the x-pipe and valve controlled mufflers
Old 03-12-2017, 10:23 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C205 C43 AMG
They fit well

Hi, I had a pair of Varex mufflers fitted to my 2016 C250 Estate last week. The fitted with no issues. The guys that did the job also removed the two resonators as well. Very neat looking job underneath. All up I paid $1500 (Australian). I think if I were to do it again, I would go with magnaflow or something else. With the Varex valves shut, it sounds good, nice idle buble and a fair bit more agressive when driven hard. However, with them fully open it sounds pretty stupid (Think Honda civic witha 4" tail pipe) and it also creates a LOT of turbo lag, due to the lack of back pressure. I really like idea of the Varex pipes, but to be honest, you're probably just better of with some normal aftermarket pipes.

If I get a chance later today, I'll take some pictures and post them(of the underside of the car)
Old 03-13-2017, 12:30 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Originally Posted by shteef
If I get a chance later today, I'll take some pictures and post them(of the underside of the car)
Thanks in advance. Which model mufflers did you go with, and where did you get the power source from?