C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Phone mount, the BEST one yet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Pretty slick

Looks like we have the same case. I like how it slides in the cupholder at that exact angle just fine and holds it in there very snug for spirited driving. That might fly off under your feet on a hard right turn?
Old 05-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
'16 C300 (W205 | M274)
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Pretty slick

Looks like we have the same case. I like how it slides in the cupholder at that exact angle just fine and holds it in there very snug for spirited driving. That might fly off under your feet on a hard right turn?
Hey sean1.8t, its a thin Spigen case. I think there are a few versions, mostly the same thing. In any case (no pun) you can set the cable at any height, so you should be fine there. As for turns, I have had absolutely no trouble. That's what I meant by "SOLID" in my original post. The key was not to let it just set on top of the cup holder. It's best snuggly fit the dock in there, then you shouldn't have any problems. Then again, I'm in a 300 and still trying to get through these god awful run-flats, so I haven't been able to take corners as "liberally" as I otherwise would.

TL;DR - It's perfect for everyday driving, and if you're at Willow Springs or Laguna Seca I don't think you'll need your phone anyways.

If I get out for a joy ride later this week, I'll throw the GoPro in behind me and check out the limits based speed and G-Force (because why not?).
Old 05-09-2017, 12:37 AM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2020 MB-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by Haptic

Note that I did not go any further than (1:17 into video) simply pulling up the front of the center console and feeding my lightning cable through to a hole in the cupholder compartment. Only thing that was difficult was getting the silver trim off in the beginning, seriously thought I was going to break it. When you run the cable, it should go from USB, under the center console doors, then under the silver piece, and from there I go under controls to cupholder, but alternatively, you could have the cable just follow where the ambient lighting would go.
Awesome!! Thanks for this, as I wanted to get the trim off even for the ProClip bracket so I don't have the wire in the way. I haven't tried it yet - but I have added this to my YouTube Playlist so I can find it easily when I get the time.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Haptic
Hey Jdem22, sorry for the delay, I'm finishing up law school (turns out it's nothing like Legally Blonde...)

Anyways, yes I did get mine and I would definitely recommend it if you are okay with the lower position! Man that thing is SOLID when you get it set up right. My notes and recommendation are:

- Make sure you get the dock down in there so the 4 spring-loaded notches hold it in place because then you can just pull your phone out and you'll never have to worry about the thing flying around in a turn.
- You really have to work the lightning cable in there so have a flathead screwdriver or something, and make sure you push it up far enough for your case.
- [Optional] Wire an Apple iPhone cable up from center console rather than using a USB in the cigarette lighter if you want to take advantage of the benefits vs. bluetooth. I actually took my center console out having referenced a CATAHA video, which I can no longer find, but this is a good reference as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_HM4zfV50&t=73s. Note that I did not go any further than (1:17 into video) simply pulling up the front of the center console and feeding my lightning cable through to a hole in the cupholder compartment. Only thing that was difficult was getting the silver trim off in the beginning, seriously thought I was going to break it. When you run the cable, it should go from USB, under the center console doors, then under the silver piece, and from there I go under controls to cupholder, but alternatively, you could have the cable just follow where the ambient lighting would go.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions! Here are some (very unprofessional) pictures.

Notice (1) how far down the dock sits to remain secure and (2) how high I have the lightning cable to accommodate the depth of my phone case:
Looks Great Haptic, Thanks so much for posting this!!

Now I am excited for this. Looks like mine should arrive on the 16th. And thank you for the youtube link. That will be super helpful!!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 sport 4Matic
Anyone tried this phone mount?

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-l...2015-k913.html

I might order the second choice.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Elicalbenz
Anyone tried this phone mount?

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-l...2015-k913.html

I might order the second choice.
Yes, I love it!
Integrates beautifully.
Don't use the screws, tho.
Use 3M trim tape to secure it.
The following users liked this post:
Elicalbenz (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 12:40 AM

2020 MB-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Yes, I love it!
Integrates beautifully.
Don't use the screws, tho.
Use 3M trim tape to secure it.
Do you have any pictures?
Old 06-06-2017, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by FastE
Do you have any pictures?
I'll try to get some when it's done being detailed.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:57 PM
RRZ

2012 ML550
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by notfastatall
While I am a newbie on this forum, I have been on other inferior cars forums plenty.
After lurking for a while I decided to contribute with my solution to the best mount for the W205.
to make a long story short, this "CD mount" works amazing in the only trim imperfection I found in the C300 (2015 with a gurgle between gears yo!).
its this one (been using for 4 months now)
https://www.amazon.com/Koomus-Pro-CD...KC3BC8NM85Q5YB

And it looks like this with the iPhone 7 Plus
Thanks for the tip on this mount. This location works great and the magnet is strong enough to hold my iPhone 7 +.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
c class

I think I like this one ! minimal , doesn’t interfere too much with the car design.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:54 PM

C300
does anyone know of a QI compatible mount that can be similarly mounted in that spot? it would be perfect to run the cable in behind the screen and into the mount
Old 11-05-2017, 10:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C Class 200 sport petrol auto
I just keep my phone plugged into the USB in the center console so that way it is out of the way. I then just use the MB controls to make and receive calls and use the phone as my music source.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:48 PM

2020 MB-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by Luton Driver
I just keep my phone plugged into the USB in the center console so that way it is out of the way. I then just use the MB controls to make and receive calls and use the phone as my music source.
Difficult when you use Waze.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:37 PM

GLC 300
here's what I came up with for my GLC/X253. Magnetic mount with the base stuck to the far edge of the screen. No issues with movement or slipping in general driving so far. And I like that I can peel off the sticky tape and expect that I can clean the screen and leave no trace when I want to remove it. I have the phone slightly angled toward me and from my driving position have full view of both screens. What I LOVE is the second screen / interface. I can control the music from my phone and map from COMAND, or vice versa. This mounting option leaves access to both cupholders, or I can leave the lid closed for a clean look. I'll tidy up the power cable later. Only other improvement is that before sticking on another base, i'll color in sides of the sticky tape with a black marker. hope this idea helps someone.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:47 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
c class
Originally Posted by doug_d986
here's what I came up with for my GLC/X253. Magnetic mount with the base stuck to the far edge of the screen. No issues with movement or slipping in general driving so far. And I like that I can peel off the sticky tape and expect that I can clean the screen and leave no trace when I want to remove it. I have the phone slightly angled toward me and from my driving position have full view of both screens. What I LOVE is the second screen / interface. I can control the music from my phone and map from COMAND, or vice versa. This mounting option leaves access to both cupholders, or I can leave the lid closed for a clean look. I'll tidy up the power cable later. Only other improvement is that before sticking on another base, i'll color in sides of the sticky tape with a black marker. hope this idea helps someone.

That hurts me to see lol that thing you glued on your screen will not want come out without ugly scars

a

that position exposes your phone to everyone on the road, if you are tempted to change the playing track or gps destination at a red light you might get a ticket.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:49 AM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by Sam Manuel
That hurts me to see lol that thing you glued on your screen will not want come out without ugly scars

a

that position exposes your phone to everyone on the road, if you are tempted to change the playing track or gps destination at a red light you might get a ticket.
I hope you're wrong. It's attached with 3M "sticky foam tape" and I'm thinking that it'll clean up well if/when the time comes. Actually, I'm predicting that it'll fall off at some point. I have a flat magnet that is less ugly (no arm with ball socket) that I'm thinking on...maybe I'll deal with the phone not being angled toward me or I'll find a mild wedge that I can place between the screen and the magnet. When I experiment with that, I'll let you know if the tape doesn't come off well.

As for visibility of the phone to others, I'm not concerned. I can advance a track with one touch on the phone or with my watch and probably with voice.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
3M? Ya, you'll be fine. Don't worry about it at all. Their products are the shizz.

But I like it. Works well with the smaller screen since you have a huge "dead zone" border. Took me a second to put that together cause at first I was like no way in hell I'd put that on mine as it'd take up probably close to a full inch of the picture
Old 03-21-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C220 4-matic 2022 estate
I maked my own holder, buyed some SAN plastic sheet and heated and bend it, then made a pice that sticks out for the holder and glued it togheter and sanded and paint it. Holder is a modified anker for ventilation Mount.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC W205
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Orrby
I maked my own holder, buyed some SAN plastic sheet and heated and bend it, then made a pice that sticks out for the holder and glued it togheter and sanded and paint it. Holder is a modified anker for ventilation Mount.

Looks awesome!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C220 4-matic 2022 estate
Originally Posted by AChan123
Looks awesome!
Thanks.
I have followed this thread for a while and wonder how i would fixed the mount, i don't wont any damage tog the interior so i figuered out a holder that slides over the display.
I made a template out of wood and heated and bent the plastic, did 2 tryouts with the lenghts of the legs in front of the display. The finish could be better, maybe i do another when i have the time.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:46 PM

2020 MB-AMG GLC43
Smile

Originally Posted by Orrby
Thanks.
I have followed this thread for a while and wonder how i would fixed the mount, i don't wont any damage tog the interior so i figuered out a holder that slides over the display.
I made a template out of wood and heated and bent the plastic, did 2 tryouts with the lenghts of the legs in front of the display. The finish could be better, maybe i do another when i have the time.
Send me the old one when you do! LOL
Old 09-24-2018, 04:03 PM

2017 Mercedes C300 Cabriolet AMG
Originally Posted by notfastatall
While I am a newbie on this forum, I have been on other inferior cars forums plenty.
After lurking for a while I decided to contribute with my solution to the best mount for the W205.
to make a long story short, this "CD mount" works amazing in the only trim imperfection I found in the C300 (2015 with a gurgle between gears yo!).
its this one (been using for 4 months now)
https://www.amazon.com/Koomus-Pro-CD...KC3BC8NM85Q5YB

And it looks like this with the iPhone 7 Plus
The gap between the aluminum and the Pleather dash fits perfectly
At night seems like the S class split screen with NAV.
Also note, I ran the charger cable under the console trim and it sticks out just at the location of the phone. the cable ran from the rear seat 12v outlet all the way there, so the front console cover can be closed.
The supplied metal plates I just put in the cover of the iPhone without gluing to the actual phone.
Yes I picked this AVB album and Climate screen on purpose.
Thanks. I just bought, but how do I install it?? Can't see clearly from the pictures you posted. The part that would go in the CD player, what does it attach to...nothing between the center console screen and the driver main gadge.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by vzcentury21
Thanks. I just bought, but how do I install it?? Can't see clearly from the pictures you posted. The part that would go in the CD player, what does it attach to...nothing between the center console screen and the driver main gadge.
Not sure if these will help, but photos of the install.

Front

Bottom
Old 09-24-2018, 07:41 PM

2017 Mercedes C300 Cabriolet AMG
Originally Posted by Chef
Not sure if these will help, but photos of the install.

Front

Bottom
Yes It helped....thanks so much. One last question; did you have to remove the aluminum trim? It looks like it was removed to be able to slide in the piece that would go into the CD player.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by vzcentury21
Yes It helped....thanks so much. One last question; did you have to remove the aluminum trim? It looks like it was removed to be able to slide in the piece that would go into the CD player.
Nope, nothing needs to be removed to install this. And the location is perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Phone mount, the BEST one yet