C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Transmission issue on 2015 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 c300
Transmission issue on 2015 C300

I am at my whits end! When I'm coming to a stop, when the transmission goes from 5th to 4th it jolts me into 4th. The problem with this is, is when I bring the car to the dealership they tell me they can't recreate it. Then when I drive it, it does the jolt. I took the shop foreman for a test drive and I pointed out the issue he says that's normal to him. IT IS NOT NORMAL! It happens intermittently. How do I prove that I'm not crazy and that this is really happening????? Should I call head office only to blown off or do I go to another dealership to have them look at it or do I trade the car in for an Audi or Lexus???? I really want my car to function normally. I want to enjoy my car. I like my car. What should I do???? Any serious suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-27-2017, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC300
Are you throwing any DTC's or CEL's? (Diagnostic Trouble Codes, Check Engine Lights).

Hopefully you are, because without codes / faults it's going to be your perception vs theirs. They (dealership) will most likely win. This goes for basically every Manufacturer (Audi, BMW, Lexus).

Best thing you can do is document the conditions under which the fault occurs (Engine temp, driving distance, Speed etc). Then try and replicate them with the lead Transmission Tech in the car. Make sure you ask for a Transmission Tech.

Good luck, please update this thread so others can benefit.

Last edited by acklac7; 05-27-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 c300
there are no codes or anything of that nature. The service guy just looked at me and shrugged as he had no idea how to fix this. I brought it in for the same reason 3 months ago and they did some shift point adjustment, whatever that is. And it was fine till 2 days ago when it started acting up again. The service tech even took the car home with him to see if he could get it to replicate and "apparently" he could not. But the minute I took it out of the shop it was very apparent. Either they have no clue or Mercedes does not want to take ownership of this issue. The fear is that when it's out of warranty what will I do then? Thanks
Old 05-28-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC300
Originally Posted by magicman
there are no codes or anything of that nature. The service guy just looked at me and shrugged as he had no idea how to fix this. I brought it in for the same reason 3 months ago and they did some shift point adjustment, whatever that is. And it was fine till 2 days ago when it started acting up again. The service tech even took the car home with him to see if he could get it to replicate and "apparently" he could not. But the minute I took it out of the shop it was very apparent. Either they have no clue or Mercedes does not want to take ownership of this issue. The fear is that when it's out of warranty what will I do then? Thanks
Sell it.

Did some quick research, yea, there's a problem with those Transmissions. Sound familiar?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...roblem-10.html

Last edited by acklac7; 05-28-2017 at 01:09 PM.