C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Getting a deal on a C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550
Getting a deal on a C300

Preferably a coupe. I am helping my fiance get a good deal on a new 2017 coupe/sedan. I typically buy used and have never dealt with the dealership before. She is paying cash. My plan was to use truecar in addition to emailing internet managers in a 500 mile radius and negotiating the best price without dealing with salespeople.

Are there any high volume Mercedes dealers in S. Florida that are known to offer large discounts?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
All dealers hate being jacked around by internet shoppers. They make their strongest deals when real money is on the table. You'll almost always have to work thru a salesman. Truecar is great for people who don't know how to buy cars. Skip it.

I'd suggest first finding the car you want, then contacting the dealership and making your cash offer. Make it as aggressive as you'd like. If they take it, you're done. If they counter, they counter. Either negotiate or find another car at another dealer and make the same initial offer.

If nobody is taking the bait, that suggests you're coming in too low and you'll need to raise your offer. Remember, all deals are cash deals to the dealership...they get their money either way and since a lot of profit is generated in the Finance department a cash deal is actually a disincentive. Good luck!

Don't work a dealer down to their bottom price and then take that to another dealer to work them against each other. There's only a finite amount of profit in a car, so know if you're getting a fair deal and if you get one, take it.

Small region dealers who need to show MB they can move cars will sacrifice profit to put a sale on the board much faster than the monster stores that get allocated whatever they want.

Last edited by Mike5215; 06-05-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well... if you're saying your qualify for "TruCar" fleet discount Certificate thru membership association:

1. then research the Certificate amount for the model you are shopping for - but DO NOT request the Certificate since that triggers dealer notification in your area - and this case you want to be the "aggressor" and not the sales chump. For those that don't qualify for Fleet Certificates - you can join Voices-For-Americas-Troops for $17 - then open a PenFed account with VFAT membership for PenFed $50 - and have PenFed Certificate available.

2. Next - use the net to search for the exact MB your fiancee will be happiest with - you are best served by that benchmark for exterior-interior-features set - and the MSRP for that particular rig - and you have dealer-model-specs-VIN for your perfect rig at hand

3. Sure - use the vehicle info to do internet inquiries for best price - do not mention Certificate - dealers willing to do the work may also come back with alternate suggestions on rig specs - maybe even come back with "demo discount" offers on comparable loaners coming out of service.

4. Once a dealer has worked themselves to the top of the pack - then if you have Certificate available - you know the amount - that's when you go for that Certificate discount "off-on-top-their-discounted-price".

5. End-Of-June deadline works to your advantage - since it's end-of-month and end-of-quarter - and there is MB dealer incentive money floating around this month.

6. How you pay for the car is your business - not the dealers - and frankly dealer's really don't care either until after they know they have your dealer - unless at the end-of-the-end on pickup there is some advantage to you in financing (and you can always choose paying off right away -confirm no penalty) - your money is your money.

My point here - is that you're fiancee will be most happy driving the C-Class she will enjoy - "best price" on the right MB " is worth the effort - "best price" and something less/different that she doesn't like is not worth effort.

My opinion - C's have a lot of enjoyment value as compared to what else is out there - so equipment/features is the big deal - and focus on the right-MB-for-her

Keep the beat !
Old 06-06-2017, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I have sometimes not taken the lowest price in order to stay with a dealer known to provide excellent customer service. There are times when the best price may not necessarily be the best deal.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
^This.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 c300, 14 Explorer, 74 TR6, 81 Corvette
Cash deal will not help you anymore....the way I have approached it with the sales force, was to let them finance me to actually get a discount. Tell them you plan to pay it off quick, ask them the # of payments that need to be made for them to get their kick back. I one time financed, went to the finance company with 3 individual checks of monthly payments and the payoff amount the next day.

Above all, don't screw the sales guy and payoff before the # of payments you agreed too, you may need him for a service issue later and he deserves to make a living as we all do!
Old 06-09-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Well... if you're saying your qualify for "TruCar" fleet discount Certificate thru membership association:

1. then research the Certificate amount for the model you are shopping for - but DO NOT request the Certificate since that triggers dealer notification in your area - and this case you want to be the "aggressor" and not the sales chump. For those that don't qualify for Fleet Certificates - you can join Voices-For-Americas-Troops for $17 - then open a PenFed account with VFAT membership for PenFed $50 - and have PenFed Certificate available.

2. Next - use the net to search for the exact MB your fiancee will be happiest with - you are best served by that benchmark for exterior-interior-features set - and the MSRP for that particular rig - and you have dealer-model-specs-VIN for your perfect rig at hand

3. Sure - use the vehicle info to do internet inquiries for best price - do not mention Certificate - dealers willing to do the work may also come back with alternate suggestions on rig specs - maybe even come back with "demo discount" offers on comparable loaners coming out of service.

4. Once a dealer has worked themselves to the top of the pack - then if you have Certificate available - you know the amount - that's when you go for that Certificate discount "off-on-top-their-discounted-price".

5. End-Of-June deadline works to your advantage - since it's end-of-month and end-of-quarter - and there is MB dealer incentive money floating around this month.

6. How you pay for the car is your business - not the dealers - and frankly dealer's really don't care either until after they know they have your dealer - unless at the end-of-the-end on pickup there is some advantage to you in financing (and you can always choose paying off right away -confirm no penalty) - your money is your money.

My point here - is that you're fiancee will be most happy driving the C-Class she will enjoy - "best price" on the right MB " is worth the effort - "best price" and something less/different that she doesn't like is not worth effort.

My opinion - C's have a lot of enjoyment value as compared to what else is out there - so equipment/features is the big deal - and focus on the right-MB-for-her

Keep the beat !
thank you