C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 SUBWOOFER HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes C300
W205 SUBWOOFER HELP

Hello, I have a 2015 Mercedes c300 and I regret not getting the burmester package as the bass on my c300 is just horrible. Has anyone had any luck installing a subwoofer, I've looked around the forum and although many people have done great installs no one has provided instructions. I'm not a complete newbie that requires detailed instructions. I can do almost everything on my own, then one question I have is where should I tap into the speakers from. Do I have to take off the door because I am really scared to do that. Is there a place I can find a harness to where I can tap in from to get the high level input also I have heard there is a subwoofer in the front footwell on the passenger side. If I'm correct how do I access that to get the high level input from there. How do I pull the carpet aside.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250 AMG
Originally Posted by rbnsingh
Hello, I have a 2015 Mercedes c300 and I regret not getting the burmester package as the bass on my c300 is just horrible. Has anyone had any luck installing a subwoofer, I've looked around the forum and although many people have done great installs no one has provided instructions. I'm not a complete newbie that requires detailed instructions. I can do almost everything on my own, then one question I have is where should I tap into the speakers from. Do I have to take off the door because I am really scared to do that. Is there a place I can find a harness to where I can tap in from to get the high level input also I have heard there is a subwoofer in the front footwell on the passenger side. If I'm correct how do I access that to get the high level input from there. How do I pull the carpet aside.
I'm no pro at this and have not done it myself. But reading from another user's write up on this forum Mike5215. He mentions that you can tap into the high power side of the amp in the trunk. That's where the burmester system amp is. The amp does output 'low' signal to the front footwell speakers (not very well). So, in theory you can tap into those wires and pull signal from there into another amp for a sub. While you are there you could also tap into the 'burmester' amp power supply to power your amp. Might save you cabling it from the front. Of course, do some more research to confirm all of this before doing anything. You can also download the W205 burmester wiring diagram from this site on one of threads, not sure which one though, to help you with what colour wires to tap into.

good luck
Old 08-21-2017, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300
Yeah, where the Burmester gets an external amp in the trunk, the A20 gets its power directly from the head unit. There's a write up at www.w205audio.wordpress.com

There's a link for the A20 on the Burmester page. Basically you'd want an external powered sub and a set of coaxial 4" in the front doors.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250 AMG
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Yeah, where the Burmester gets an external amp in the trunk, the A20 gets its power directly from the head unit. There's a write up at www.w205audio.wordpress.com

There's a link for the A20 on the Burmester page. Basically you'd want an external powered sub and a set of coaxial 4" in the front doors.
Ah, just realised after reading again he does not have the burmester. My bad. Mike is the resident guru on W205 audio
Old 08-22-2017, 10:18 AM

2016 Mercedes C300
I've read the online article but they tap in from the center console. I really don't want to take all that out. And I don't have burmester so no back deck. Is there any other way for the low level input
Old 08-23-2017, 11:58 AM

2017 c300 sedan
You have to cut a hole/ flap in the circles area to plug in subwoofer. I got mine professionally installed, so can't tell u more.