C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Amazon Echo and Mercedes Me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Amazon Echo and Mercedes Me

A nice simple post, Mercedes Me have an app for Amazon Echo to allow voice commands to be placed via Alexa into Mercedes Me. It's just been launched in the UK to great fanfare and marketing glee.

I was initially very happy to learn such a thing existed.

after a few days trying to use it I'm less happy and would love to ask the MB techies if they even tested it.

Its very basic in function but that's not the worst of it...

it's very slow, takes several seconds to open and use
its mostly wrong with its answers
after that it's mostly unable to answer at all
if it's right with an answer it's in the wrong metric or locale
The send to destination function seems to search Australia and the US as a preference to my own locale (UK)
It will not recognise a single UK Address no matter how it is laid out, ordered, vocalised.

on the the plus side, voice search for a POI works well albeit the address never arrives at the car.

so in summary, an almost total waste of time and likely cost MB massive sums of money.

edit: I just asked it to send an address and this time it did pick it up (Sheffield, UK) and then it informed me it had sent it to my C200D 4Matic Terrain.

i don't own a C200D 4Matic Terrain so lord knows who just received that address!

Last edited by ManiacGT; 09-09-2017 at 01:50 PM.