C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 Special order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
C300 Special order

Hey everyone, from NYC.

I have spoken with 2 dealerships regarding custom ordering a C300 sedan. One dealership claims my car would be a January build with a February deliver date. Another claims they can do early December build with a late December delivery.
I don't believe the 2nd is making an alteration to any car they have going into production so I would assume its from "scratch."

My question boils down to is it heard of doing a build early December and seeing the car later in December?
Is there some sort of inference anyone can make as to why the first dealership has told me February?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2017, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Going into peak season the factory "locks down" slots earlier against changes.

The questions really boils down to the December dealer - production 1st decade December is scheduled to be completed by December 11th. No one knows this far in advance which C300's will be finished on what day Dec 1 thru Dec 11 - so working assumption is factory built on Dec 11

If your December dealer has a slot there - and those December slots are changeable at this moment to what you want (subject to avail) - the real question is with Dec 11 factory complete - will you have the car before New Year's ?

Depends where you're at - and remember Christmas is a "trucking holiday" - meaning much fewer truck move over Christmas Holiday.

On the January dealer - if his 1st open slot was 2nd/3rd decade January - then depending on where you are located yes could mean early February delivery.