C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Brake vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
Brake vibration

I have a CPO '15 C300 with 13k miles. I bought the car back in June of this year with 6,800 miles. I've noticed recently that my brakes with vibrate when braking on the highway. Also, I get some squeaking at very low speeds sometimes. Is there anything that can be done? I think it's safe to assume it's the rotors but can these be replaced under warranty ?

Thanks !
Old 11-28-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
18 E63S
BAD ROTORS.
You can try and claim it and see what happens .
Old 11-28-2017, 03:54 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
probably going to tell you that its not covered since you are outside of the 12/12 warranty. Take it to the dealer and try to get them to goodwill it, or just contact MBUSA directly and see if they will assist.

and yes, bad rotors..
Old 11-28-2017, 05:02 PM
AAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 Lux 4MATIC
Originally Posted by markjax
I have a CPO '15 C300 with 13k miles. I bought the car back in June of this year with 6,800 miles. I've noticed recently that my brakes with vibrate when braking on the highway. Also, I get some squeaking at very low speeds sometimes. Is there anything that can be done? I think it's safe to assume it's the rotors but can these be replaced under warranty ?

Thanks !
We had a thread about pulsating brakes back in June or July. One of the reasons brakes would pulsate is uneven pad deposit on the rotors. You can find information about it on the internet with suggested brake/ drive routins to get rid of the disc deposit. One of them did work for me.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:05 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by AAN
We had a thread about pulsating brakes back in June or July. One of the reasons brakes would pulsate is uneven pad deposit on the rotors. You can find information about it on the internet with suggested brake/ drive routins to get rid of the disc deposit. One of them did work for me.
Are you talking about the drilled rotors in the front looking clogged with (I assume) brake dust ? I've noticed that lately. Wasn't sure what do do about it ....
Old 11-28-2017, 08:29 PM
AAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 Lux 4MATIC
Originally Posted by markjax
Are you talking about the drilled rotors in the front looking clogged with (I assume) brake dust ? I've noticed that lately. Wasn't sure what do do about it ....
No, they are talking about transfer of resins from the pad material on hot disc, causing "bumps". It can happen when the car is stationary and the brakes are hot.

Anyway, I don't know much about it, but you can read more about it here:

https://www.powerstop.com/what-causes-brake-pulsation/

I have tried their recommended rutine and it did help, so I assume that was my problem. I have a feeling, though, that the brake pulsation slowly comes back after a few months of driving.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:44 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by AAN
No, they are talking about transfer of resins from the pad material on hot disc, causing "bumps". It can happen when the car is stationary and the brakes are hot.

Anyway, I don't know much about it, but you can read more about it here:

https://www.powerstop.com/what-causes-brake-pulsation/

I have tried their recommended rutine and it did help, so I assume that was my problem. I have a feeling, though, that the brake pulsation slowly comes back after a few months of driving.
I will try this tomorrow! Thanks !
Old 11-30-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
I recently went through the same thing and after like a month or two with warped rotors, they started to fade so badly that if i slow down from high speed a few times, my entire front end was shaking so bad and the car was barely slowing down so i said **** this and ordered everything online and just got everything done two days ago. I ordered oem drilled rotors off of ebay for 270? Ish and spent about 180 for both front and rear ebc redstuff pads and they stop so much better now with less effort. Yes i do get massive brake dust but i gained a lot of stopping power that i could care less. When i had my old rotors taken off, i was able to see hot spots on the rotors that caused the shake. All in all, i spent about 550 (paid my friend 100 to do everything for me) and out of curiosity, i called the local mb dealer to see what they would charge to get the same thing done with oem pads and rotors and they quoted almost 1200 lol