C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

I've made a stupid newbie parking mistake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C350e Sport
I've made a stupid newbie parking mistake

Hi all,

new to the forum so please bare with me. So I've recently bought the C350e for my birthday with all the extras. Yesterday just came back from getting the car windows tinted. I'm parking my car in the underground parking bay, I'm doing my usual reverse in, I've then stopped the car to my usual position several inches away from the wall so my boot can easily open and close. I put my foot on the break to change gear into P, instead of pressing the break I raise my foot again then.. THUD!, before I could react my car hit the wall then lightly bounced back.

Felt like such a fool! I know newbie mistake!

So here are the pictures below, what do you think I should do? I'm based in London, UK. Was thinking of getting it done on the minor damage insurance MB has to offer, but not sure if they will approve this. Now should I go to an approved MB bodyshop or should I get it done directly at Mercedes. Bare in mind I want make sure everything remains factory if they need to replace parts then I want to be sure its genuine MB parts and paints.

Yes I know I F****d up

Old 01-14-2018, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C350e Sport
As you can see I scuffed the left leftside taillights slightly wouldn't surprise me if they say I need to replace the whole thing.