C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 Project Build !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
W205 C300 Sport Iridium Silver RWD
Talking

Originally Posted by MBSebas87
looking great Drew!!! I think you should paint your wheels to go with the grille and spoiler!
The spoiler is 2x2 twill carbon fiber, but we did talk about wrapping the wheels in black. It is intriguing but that will definitely change the whole look of the car. I have been trying to determine if I should go with a theme and considering AMG PETRONAS green from the F1 cars....for the breaks and lugs...maybe these wheels:
Old 03-17-2018, 06:10 PM

Took a few photos after the parade/car show this morning
Old 03-17-2018, 06:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC W205
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Drew White

Nice pic!
The following users liked this post:
Drew White (03-19-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 06:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C300 4Matic

Love it man!

You thinking of wrapping yours? Thinking of doing mine in the next few months, around summer time. Should be pretty cool.

Can't wait to see the full vid man!
Old 03-19-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by HeyMarkL
Love it man!

You thinking of wrapping yours? Thinking of doing mine in the next few months, around summer time. Should be pretty cool.

Can't wait to see the full vid man!
Thanks Man! I am considering a wrap, but it wont be until late summer. About to order the rest of the Carbon fiber kit from RW carbon ATM. Weather has been so spotty here lately that I haven't been happy with any of the footage, but I promise it is coming soon. We did get accepted at Clean Culture and Import Expo so really looking forward to doing a few shows and lining up a few sponsors. There isn't honestly there isn't a whole lot done to the car but people are really loving it.

As a side note, The Weistec BOV spacer is off the car if anyone interested, I'd sell it for $50 shipped. Just put the Go Fast Bits DV+ on and really liking it.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E300 Sport:Current 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport- Gone.
Nice build Drew. I had the exact same model and some similar mods, my lease was up this month and we just turned in our C300 and got a new E300. The C was a fun car, and a fun project for me.
When I did the brakes and trim I painted everything in a dark metallic grey, the rear calipers are really nothing to get excited about seeing, so I did them in a high gloss Grey to match the trim and did my own decal and cleared it on the fronts. Later I changed the wheels back to the stock ones with spacers, but pulled the spacers just prior to turning in the car.
The AMG rear tips look great on your car...that is one mod that really makes the C look like a completely different car. The grill looks great too!
Since you have those open wheels, gloss black Calipers with Silver AMG or Mercedes Benz would look good, and that way those rear calipers won't pop so much...just a suggestion.
Look forward to seeing how your project continues.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C300 Sport
Here are some shots with no spacers for posterity sake. I do get inner rub on the front over weird downhill bumps, but have 15mm and 20mm spacers on the way.

Thanks for the pic Drew! I probably will go with a spacer in the front. Your car turned out great! Excited to see what you have planned for the future.
Drew White (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 01:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
Drew, since Dilworth is not that far from Charlotte, if you ever need a guy for tint or even wrap, I have a close friend who runs a shop who does great work and offers great prices. So let me know if you need those!
Drew White (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by azamora
Thanks for the pic Drew! I probably will go with a spacer in the front. Your car turned out great! Excited to see what you have planned for the future.
Thanks man! I he 15mm Spacers on the way for the front. So everyone is aware, our front fenders CANNOT be rolled....They are plastic :/
Old 03-21-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by MBJIMBO
Nice build Drew. I had the exact same model and some similar mods, my lease was up this month and we just turned in our C300 and got a new E300. The C was a fun car, and a fun project for me.
When I did the brakes and trim I painted everything in a dark metallic grey, the rear calipers are really nothing to get excited about seeing, so I did them in a high gloss Grey to match the trim and did my own decal and cleared it on the fronts. Later I changed the wheels back to the stock ones with spacers, but pulled the spacers just prior to turning in the car.
The AMG rear tips look great on your car...that is one mod that really makes the C look like a completely different car. The grill looks great too!
Since you have those open wheels, gloss black Calipers with Silver AMG or Mercedes Benz would look good, and that way those rear calipers won't pop so much...just a suggestion.
Look forward to seeing how your project continues.

Car looks sick man! PM Me your guys name, I have a wrap guy but wondering if its the same. Still trying to decide what to do with the breaks and lugs,as I want them to match somewhat. Just started looking for new wheels too lol
MBJIMBO (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by richysh
Drew, since Dilworth is not that far from Charlotte, if you ever need a guy for tint or even wrap, I have a close friend who runs a shop who does great work and offers great prices. So let me know if you need those!
Sorry, I Asked MBJIMBO for a wrap guy, thought you sent both lol. Sure PM me if you got a name.
MBJIMBO (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 10:10 AM

We made the Flyer
Old 03-24-2018, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C300 Sport
hey guys just wanted to share this in case you ever thought about switching out your steering wheel. It's a steering wheel cover and around 55 dollars from eBay and imo makes my interior look a lot better and it feels better. I messed up the bottom because I got frustrated lol, so patience is a must if you do this.

Before

After

Last edited by azamora; 04-01-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Drew White (04-02-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C300 Sport 4matic
Thumbs up Wider Tires

Great build Drew!! Love the upgrades. After seeing yours I think I’ll carbon wrap the chrome front lip. I have the same year and color with sport option.
Question:I’ve decided to buy my car after lease is up in 3 months. I need new tires. Would like wider (no run flats) on my standard 18” AMG wheels. Do you think I could do 235/45/18 F and 255/40/18 R? Would I need spacers? Would love to go 19” but Ohio roads in winter are murder on rims here.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Sweet looking project!! Also, I just sent you a pm about the VTA.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by KAMCAD
Great build Drew!! Love the upgrades. After seeing yours I think I’ll carbon wrap the chrome front lip. I have the same year and color with sport option.
Question:I’ve decided to buy my car after lease is up in 3 months. I need new tires. Would like wider (no run flats) on my standard 18” AMG wheels. Do you think I could do 235/45/18 F and 255/40/18 R? Would I need spacers? Would love to go 19” but Ohio roads in winter are murder on rims here.
theoretically I believe it can be done, according to the maths. I wouldn’t recommend it though. Bulging tires aren’t particularly appealing to me in a world where everyone is leaning more towards stretching a narrower tire. May look a bit like an off roader, especially if it’s at stock height. Just my .02

Last edited by Drew White; 04-03-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tuner
Sweet looking project!! Also, I just sent you a pm about the VTA.
pm’d back brother 👊🏻
Old 04-03-2018, 09:33 AM

I wanted to post a general update as I have been in and out of the country for most of the last month.

I have put 500 miles on my w205 since the dealer visit for wrist pin repair, Burmeister audio rattles and wind noise.

I am afraid all is not well with the world. The engine seemed perfect initially and I was thrilled to have what felt like a properly repaired car. However, after 500 miles I am having some serious issues with the wrist pin repair. It seems that the high pressure pump (the loud ticking bit that makes the m274 sound like a diesel) has gotten increasingly louder over the last 100 miles to the point where it sounds like a high pitch wine that I can hear over the sound of my music and wind from the windows being open at highway speed. The dealership has stated that this is normal, but I disagree. The motor is also exceptionally loud on either very cold mornings or very hot mornings. In addition, I discovered that the mechanic at the dealership cracked my carbon intake tube for the ARMASPEED intake and the dealership was willing to pay for half?!?! I have not been impressed by their service at Hendrick Mercedes in Charlotte.

The "Fix" for the Burmeister audio rattles which I was told was felt tape here and there, did not work and actually made the rattling much, much worse along with the fact that my door panels creak and crack now from normal driving with the stereo off. The wind noise fix was a joke and did absolutely nothing for the excessive wind noise above 65mph.

In the end, I expressed my dissatisfaction with the service manager who promptly told me to take the car somewhere else, and that they would no longer be servicing my vehicle!!!! I have never been treated so poorly by a dealership and certaintly never had these kinds of issues with a Mercedes (this is my 5th). I have contacted another local dealership as well as tried to contact the GM of Hendrick (whom has not returned even 1 of the 3 messages I have left him over the last 3 weeks) to little avail. The other dealership is willing to try and sort all the issues for me but are weary of fixing another dealers service issues. They want to keep the car for a week or so and I am happy to let them do it, but they went through a lot of effort to curb my expectations. I am kind of in limbo at the moment and not really sure of the next, if any, steps I should take.

Drew
Old 04-03-2018, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
Wow I'm sorry to hear that Drew.....really sad to know that level of poor service is being provided at benz dealers. I'm taking my car back for a 2nd try on a window rattle and burmester buzz.
Drew White (04-03-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C300 Sport 4matic
Well that sucks Drew! I've been lucky with my Dealer and car but now I'm starting to hear things too. The car is a lot louder at 65mph now. Maybe it's the tires or wrist pin I was going to buy it and put new tires on but I think I'll trade it in for a 2018. I have 2 months left on my lease.
Good luck on getting your issues taken care of.
Drew White (04-03-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 06:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
w205 C43, 958.1 CTT
Why not contact Mercedes directly? Tell them the dealer serviced your car, you're having issues with the service they performed, and after expressing your dissatisfaction, they told you not to come back.

I'm sure corporate will want to resolve this, especially since it involves a service bulletin issue (wrist pin).

https://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch
Drew White (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by sterz85
Why not contact Mercedes directly? Tell them the dealer serviced your car, you're having issues with the service they performed, and after expressing your dissatisfaction, they told you not to come back.

I'm sure corporate will want to resolve this, especially since it involves a service bulletin issue (wrist pin).

https://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch
I did reach out to MBUSA but have not heard back yet. The GM of the dealership called me last night to try and get to the bottom of everything. I wasn't impressed but he did urge me to bring the car in today and let them keep it for a few days so we will see what happens.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:38 AM

Side Note, the original Eibach Springs I ordered...and cancelled, just showed up 2 months later and Eibach won’t return them. If you are looking to lower your W205 hit me up. They are brand new, inbox and I’ll let them go for $275 obo + Shipping.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C300 4Matic
Dude... Drew, I'm so sorry to hear that. That sucks! I feel like you and I have something similar in terms of that engine noise. It sounds weird in idle when in a stop light (unless that's normal)

Mark
Drew White (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by HeyMarkL
Dude... Drew, I'm so sorry to hear that. That sucks! I feel like you and I have something similar in terms of that engine noise. It sounds weird in idle when in a stop light (unless that's normal)

Mark
Thanks for the sentiment brother, I just took it in yesterday and they gave me a C300 coupe that certainty doesn't have the loud wine/ticking sound that mine does with the hood closed. It is present at idle but can really hear it under acceleration...as soon as you lift off it goes away until the car changes gear the comes back as soon as you step on the gas, even slightly. When I drive next to walls it is really obvious due to the echo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 C300 Project Build !