C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Silver color not mathing, is it just me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 12:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
Silver color not mathing, is it just me?

So I posted couple of weeks ago about getting a used cpo c300 and I got one few days ago. I have a question regarding the paint, I have noticed on the silver color. The paint on the rear passage door looks different than the front passenger side, the car has never been in an accident and I have verified with a shop that it has never been painted, and I myself can usually tell if its been painted. But for some reason I can tell a difference, and this is not the first benz I have noticed this.. The old school E classes had this issue also, the front driver side was different than the rear. I am a perfectionist, and can tell easily what most people can't, I'm just confused, has anyone noticed it?
Old 03-06-2018, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bmwr1d3h
So I posted couple of weeks ago about getting a used cpo c300 and I got one few days ago. I have a question regarding the paint, I have noticed on the silver color. The paint on the rear passage door looks different than the front passenger side, the car has never been in an accident and I have verified with a shop that it has never been painted, and I myself can usually tell if its been painted. But for some reason I can tell a difference, and this is not the first benz I have noticed this.. The old school E classes had this issue also, the front driver side was different than the rear. I am a perfectionist, and can tell easily what most people can't, I'm just confused, has anyone noticed it?
Since you are a perfectionist, you spelled "matching" wrong on the thread title. To answer your question, No, I've never noticed it.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Photos are required for feedback
Old 03-09-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk55
Haha yes I did spell it wrong. Update on the situation, so I took it to a third shop after extensive research they did finally say that the car had indeed been painted and I wasn’t crazy. I returned the vehicle since I had a 7 day exchange policy and ended up getting the c class coupe. Here are some photos of the color difference.