MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Stereo issue on my 2015 C300 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/701679-stereo-issue-my-2015-c300.html)

TheeNando 03-22-2018 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_mez (Post 7411430)
Same issue. 2015 c300. I was assured by Mercedes USA that it was being resolved today with an update. Nothing happened. Called back and was told the update failed. It’s been a long week listening to one radio station and no phone hands free. Should have bought a Ford!

Funny thing is I had a 2012 Ford Focus before I got Benz in October and it too got ****ed up by Sirius update. I think it interrupted somehow and the whole ford stereo glitched out. BUT unlike the Mercedes it was able to fix itself after a few hiccups (better software programming I guess, I bet it’s simpler but still). Basically Sirius xm is really to blame. And after both of these experiences with Sirius I think I’m done with them.

Chef 03-23-2018 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheeNando (Post 7411454)

Basically Sirius xm is really to blame

I agree with the basic statement, but this is a Mercedes issue to deal with and/or fix. Mercedes made a business decision to either not have proper QA of the Sirius code on their MB stereos and not code their MB stereos correctly to handle errors. MB made a decision to partner with Sirius and I assume MB gets a kickback for each subscription that is continued after the first X months free deal. I assume their partnership deal includes allow MB the ability to control certain aspects of the car via the same satellite links, but this is very much a Mercedes issue to deal with.

I don't blame the wrist pin issue on the factory that made the pistons and assembly, that's an MB problem.

I'm not sure you can buy a vehicle anywhere that doesn't already have satellite radio installed, so it's hard to be done with Sirius. I have a sat radio in all my cars, but I don't pay for it because it's not a good deal, not because their crappy software code can impact my crappy software code.

It's a huge impact on their brand because well, let's face it, these are issues you expect from a company with immature engineering practices, not ze' Germans. They chose this partnership, now they have to deal with the consequences of that partnership. Not on the same level, but Facebook is dealing with those types of business decisions now too.

Frankly, I was under the impression that MB had better engineering practices (mechanical and software engineering). I was wrong.

vikask3145 03-23-2018 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Chef (Post 7411596)
I agree with the basic statement, but this is a Mercedes issue to deal with and/or fix. Mercedes made a business decision to either not have proper QA of the Sirius code on their MB stereos and not code their MB stereos correctly to handle errors. MB made a decision to partner with Sirius and I assume MB gets a kickback for each subscription that is continued after the first X months free deal. I assume their partnership deal includes allow MB the ability to control certain aspects of the car via the same satellite links, but this is very much a Mercedes issue to deal with.

I don't blame the wrist pin issue on the factory that made the pistons and assembly, that's an MB problem.

I'm not sure you can buy a vehicle anywhere that doesn't already have satellite radio installed, so it's hard to be done with Sirius. I have a sat radio in all my cars, but I don't pay for it because it's not a good deal, not because their crappy software code can impact my crappy software code.

It's a huge impact on their brand because well, let's face it, these are issues you expect from a company with immature engineering practices, not ze' Germans. They chose this partnership, now they have to deal with the consequences of that partnership. Not on the same level, but Facebook is dealing with those types of business decisions now too.

Frankly, I was under the impression that MB had better engineering practices (mechanical and software engineering). I was wrong.

I blame both of them. How do they push updates without testing them. I still have no solution and MB has not even made a official statement to the problem. At least give a time period that they will fix within or freaking just replace the systems or better yet if they are known to mess up just upgrade everyone’s system. I thought MB stood for quality but the cheaper cars are doing a better job currently. Sad

So they wiped my system when updating and trying to fix it. I have nothing currently in the car. The Navi audio Bluetooth and half the options that used to be in the menus are not their anymore.

we need to somehow get a statement across to MB and make sure it gets highlighted so actions cal be taken and not just the owners get taken for a ride.
i don’t even know what people out of warranty will do.

49erPV 03-23-2018 03:49 PM

Not that this helps but it looks like MB is not alone with recent Sirius updates..

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/1...e-problem-jeep

Kahster 03-23-2018 04:14 PM

It's Friday afternoon and still no OTA update. It is becoming very, very frustrating. In addition, MBUSA is not communicating. With an issue this widespread they should be pushing notifications out.

tiremanmj 03-23-2018 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by 49erPV (Post 7411948)
Not that this helps but it looks like MB is not alone with recent Sirius updates..

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/1...e-problem-jeep

Awesome .. I own a Jeep as well...

l3it3r 03-23-2018 07:35 PM

I just wanted to say that mine is also currently useless.
Audio 20 ‘base’ (w/Burmester), no Sirius subscription.

MBSebas87 03-23-2018 08:28 PM

I was just my local dealer and while i was waiting for my car at least 5 cars were pulling in with this problem ...man what a mess!

huyga123 03-23-2018 09:27 PM

I got the new update on air few minutes ago. That was fixed, I can connect the bluetooth, but the sound system wasn't on yet. I tried to reset Command system then it backs to issue again. Anyway, they tried to fix it today.

AmericanMike 03-23-2018 09:33 PM

Just got back from the dealer this afternoon. Had them disable the satellite module and I am back up and running with Nav, backup camera, Bluetooth and full radio function (less SiriusXM). I didn't subscribe to satellite radio anyway so won't be missed but will get it put back to normal when this issue is behind us.

vikask3145 03-23-2018 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by AmericanMike (Post 7412187)
Just got back from the dealer this afternoon. Had them disable the satellite module and I am back up and running with Nav, backup camera, Bluetooth and full radio function (less SiriusXM). I didn't subscribe to satellite radio anyway so won't be missed but will get it put back to normal when this issue is behind us.

man if that works I’ll give my dealer a call tommorow
I’ll live without sat radio until they get a real fix

TheeNando 03-24-2018 12:46 AM

I think had an attempt of update. Mine said "Updating Channels" where it normally shows the artist and song. But it just remained there for a very long time, stuck.

tiremanmj 03-24-2018 07:15 AM

Anyone know how to disconnect the Sat radio?

g8rleslie 03-24-2018 09:48 AM

My husband and I have a 2015 C300 (no Sirius subscription). On Friday, March 16th, the radio and Bluetooth features were not working. I can't change from the station I was listening to nor does the Bluetooth work whatsoever. The backup camera is not 100% dependable anymore. I took the car to the dealer, and they said MB is aware and is working on the fix. Man! This sucks! I have lost faith in Mercedes Benz.

AmericanMike 03-24-2018 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by vikask3145 (Post 7412256)

man if that works I’ll give my dealer a call tommorow
I’ll live without sat radio until they get a real fix

I am not sure if there is a service bulletin issued for it or if I just had a technician who is a genius. It took them about 45 minutes with a car wash to get me back on the road.

AmericanMike 03-24-2018 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by tiremanmj (Post 7412356)
Anyone know how to disconnect the Sat radio?

I don't think it was as simple as disconnecting the Sat module. When they first did it the display worked but the audio did not. They had to do some type of reboot to get it to come back. It was not a complete reset however because my phones were still paired and presets still in place.

Its all under warranty so I wouldn't wrestle with it myself.

vikask3145 03-24-2018 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by AmericanMike (Post 7412415)
I am not sure if there is a service bulletin issued for it or if I just had a technician who is a genius. It took them about 45 minutes with a car wash to get me back on the road.

my dealer just said he knew that fix but even with that the success rate is very low and he said the system eventually loops back so it’s not worth even doing.
now if that is true or not is another question.

AmericanMike 03-24-2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by vikask3145 (Post 7412433)

my dealer just said he knew that fix but even with that the success rate is very low and he said the system eventually loops back so it’s not worth even doing.
now if that is true or not is another question.

Interesting your dealer would say that because from my discussions with my dealer the fix came out on Thursday afternoon. They advised that the OTA capability is now disabled with the SAT receiver bypassed, so not sure how it would cycle. I'll keep an eye on it and update this forum.

l3it3r 03-25-2018 02:09 PM

So, to circle back, if we can reconnect our phones via Bluetooth, that means an OTA went through, and it still might not work, BUT, if we can convince the dealer to disconnect the SAT module, it will (sans Sirius - which sucks anyway)?

This was the last straw for me. I’ve put $ down on a 2018 Golf R. It was what I wanted to get back in 2015 anyway (wasn’t available ANYWHERE at the time). I traded my 2011 GTI in on the C400, and I’ve always had a pang of regret for not waiting it out for the R. The new 2018 is absolutely amazing, and comes with far more equipment than my C400 has in it - and a functional stereo that doesn’t suck even when it works.

I’ve had my car in the shop more times than I’ve ever had any other car previously.
It’s an absolute rocket, and really nice to be in, but with SO many issues, I’m going to bow out and get back into a VW for a while. I’ve still got my eyes on an S Class in the near future, but the 2015 W205 has been nothing but problems for me. AT LEAST 10 trips to the dealer for overnight or longer (sometimes a week or more) repairs that I can recall, I’m sure there are more that I’m simply forgetting because there are so many.

So. If I can get it to work, fantastic. The VW dealer talked to MBUSA and understand that it’s a widespread issue with the radio and just don’t really care all that much. Until the R is in my hands, I’ll continue to drive with my AirPods... *sigh*

edit: oh, and the R is both quicker, and comes standard with CarPlay :y

Kahster 03-25-2018 03:05 PM

It has now been a solid week that this thing has been a brick. No OTA updates, no communication. How much longer before this becomes a class action? I'm trying to be understanding and patient, but I'm really done. Having the problem is acceptable. MB handling it the way they have is not.

AmericanMike 03-25-2018 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by l3it3r (Post 7413305)
So, to circle back, if we can reconnect our phones via Bluetooth, that means an OTA went through, and it still might not work, BUT, if we can convince the dealer to disconnect the SAT module, it will (sans Sirius - which sucks anyway)?

This was the last straw for me. I’ve put $ down on a 2018 Golf R. It was what I wanted to get back in 2015 anyway (wasn’t available ANYWHERE at the time). I traded my 2011 GTI in on the C400, and I’ve always had a pang of regret for not waiting it out for the R. The new 2018 is absolutely amazing, and comes with far more equipment than my C400 has in it - and a functional stereo that doesn’t suck even when it works.

I’ve had my car in the shop more times than I’ve ever had any other car previously.
It’s an absolute rocket, and really nice to be in, but with SO many issues, I’m going to bow out and get back into a VW for a while. I’ve still got my eyes on an S Class in the near future, but the 2015 W205 has been nothing but problems for me. AT LEAST 10 trips to the dealer for overnight or longer (sometimes a week or more) repairs that I can recall, I’m sure there are more that I’m simply forgetting because there are so many.

So. If I can get it to work, fantastic. The VW dealer talked to MBUSA and understand that it’s a widespread issue with the radio and just don’t really care all that much. Until the R is in my hands, I’ll continue to drive with my AirPods... *sigh*

edit: oh, and the R is both quicker, and comes standard with CarPlay :y

It appears disconnecting the SAT module is the answer for now. I'm in day 3 with all functionality except the disconnected SAT module.

agrawalakshay 03-25-2018 11:20 PM

I have the same issue - 2015 c300 4matic. Dealership and Mercedes said there is no fix at present...so I am driving my 2015 C300 without a stereo or bluetooth despite being under warranty...

Chef 03-26-2018 06:54 AM

In all fairness, their bluetooth connectivity sucked anyway. Sometimes it didn't connect, sometimes it connected, but wouldn't play. A combination of turning the system off, and turning bluetooth on my phone(s) off would eventually fix the problem, but I should have seen this coming.

Unless it just sucked for me...

I rented a Mazda CX7 back in 2008 that had better bluetooth connectivity.

AmericanMike 03-26-2018 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chef (Post 7413848)
In all fairness, their bluetooth connectivity sucked anyway. Sometimes it didn't connect, sometimes it connected, but wouldn't play. A combination of turning the system off, and turning bluetooth on my phone(s) off would eventually fix the problem, but I should have seen this coming.

Unless it just sucked for me...

I rented a Mazda CX7 back in 2008 that had better bluetooth connectivity.

I am not a fan of this vehicle but its my wife's car and she likes it. the thing I do like about this car is the bluetooth. I have never had a problem with connectivity, streaming audio while using WAZE and even talking on the phone. I use iPhones, not sure what phone you have but maybe makes a difference.

AmericanMike 03-26-2018 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by agrawalakshay (Post 7413720)
I have the same issue - 2015 c300 4matic. Dealership and Mercedes said there is no fix at present...so I am driving my 2015 C300 without a stereo or bluetooth despite being under warranty...

There is no permanent fix at present however there is a mitigation as I am the working example of that.