MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Stereo issue on my 2015 C300 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/701679-stereo-issue-my-2015-c300.html)

Oceans 03-16-2018 01:24 AM

Stereo issue on my 2015 C300

Hey everyone,
My 2015 C300 Stereo stopped working today. It keeps saying Please wait... and never changes. All sound features are not working(Bluetooth, phone, radio, aux). Rear view camera is delayed but does come on eventually. Any one know how to fix this or reboot this glitch?
Thx

marco81 03-16-2018 11:39 AM

Happened to my 2015 C300 too today..... I'm driving right now so can't do a full reboot yet. Can't change any audio functions.

Elbandito 03-16-2018 11:47 AM

hold down the disc eject button for about 10-20 seconds and it should reset the command screen

Oceans 03-16-2018 01:21 PM

Thx for help! But I tried holding down eject button and nothing happend?

Originally Posted by Elbandito (Post 7405911)
hold down the disc eject button for about 10-20 seconds and it should reset the command screen

Tried that? Any other ideas to reset this thing?

marco81 03-16-2018 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Oceans (Post 7405985)

Tried that? Any other ideas to reset this thing?

I held "ON" (to the right of the touchpad) for about 10 seconds and it kind of reset it but all i've manged to do is move from bluetooth to radio but it locks up again. Same as you, reverse camera works but no other controls seem to work. Strange how it happened today for both of us, software glitch I guess. Will be calling up the dealership in a bit.

Oceans 03-16-2018 06:57 PM

Yeah that’s strange

Originally Posted by marco81 (Post 7406007)
I held "ON" (to the right of the touchpad) for about 10 seconds and it kind of reset it but all i've manged to do is move from bluetooth to radio but it locks up again. Same as you, reverse camera works but no other controls seem to work. Strange how it happened today for both of us, software glitch I guess. Will be calling up the dealership in a bit.

thats weird ours both malfunctioned the same day. I stopped by dealership briefly and they took a look at it. They said they have never seen that before. So I got to drop it off with them Monday. Let me know how yours goes.

vikask3145 03-17-2018 04:07 AM

Hey guys let me know I am also having this problem as of today. It just happened out of no where I can't really put my finger on what is causing it. I removed all wired connected to usb and also nav sd card. that gave me temp access to command I tried to go into setting and do a reset but it will not let me select the option to reset, which is very wired. its funny cause same thing happened to you guys like in the same time period mb is prob up to something.

alyshehata 03-17-2018 11:15 AM

The fact that this is happening to multiple people is very interesting and weird!

jtheilbrun 03-17-2018 02:05 PM

Mine started yesterday too. Saw this thread at work, got into the car to go home and instantly had the same problem.

WoodyW 03-17-2018 05:07 PM

2015 C300 4 Matic Command

Mine has been doing it for 3 days. Glitches, frozen won't connect to Bluetooth and if I select Media it's locks up. 50k Car....less than 50k miles.... ive replaced all 4 Door LED Bulbs now this. Still under Warranty👍 Going Tuesday to see. Sounds like a firmware issue. Crazy we all have it

fabbrisd1 03-17-2018 06:19 PM

Guys - it will help me a bit - if you "have same issue = w/Rear View Camera still operating - COMAND locks or stays blank" - if you would also share if your's are 2015's as well - or if yours are also later 16/17/18 model years.

Dealers are mandated a diagnosis protocol from Mercedes - soft reset (on/on button) - then hard reset (disc button) - then connections check - then reprogramming - etc - under warranty leading up to and including COMAND replacement with Mercedes approval.

I have a 2015 - same issue - in the shop at this moment - working upm thru the protocols which can take 3-4 weeks if COMAND replacement is ultimately required .

Keep the beat !

vikask3145 03-18-2018 02:33 AM

Yeah I also have a 2015 c300. This sucks I can't listen to songs. Keep this thread updated I want to know what happened with all you guys. I have take my car in on Monday let's see what happens.

SJBayArea 03-18-2018 01:12 PM

Same issues happened yesterday. This is just weird.

vikask3145 03-18-2018 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by SJBayArea (Post 7407319)
Same issues happened yesterday. This is just weird.

The list grows. I hope we all get this settled.

cawoodea 03-19-2018 12:48 PM

2015 C300 Stereo issue

Just took my to dealer for same issue... they are aware of the issue but they don't have a solution yet and have been told not to do anything. Frustrating.

vikask3145 03-19-2018 01:39 PM

Just got back from dealer. He had a line of cars with the same problem, they tried reset it with no luck and then tried to update command would crash halfway while updating. Spent 4 hours with no luck. My system is like half insaltalled now no nav or sat radio is even showing up and half the stuff from the menus is not their. That could be I guess due to the partial update but who knows. They said will give me a call in aroumd two days when I'll have to bring it in again.

Their was 5 cars ahead of me with same issue.
I don't think they know what is going on, like a virus planted to go off in a certain amount of days.
So no music nav or anything untill MB can get this fixed.

vikask3145 03-19-2018 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by cawoodea (Post 7408063)
Just took my to dealer for same issue... they are aware of the issue but they don't have a solution yet and have been told not to do anything. Frustrating.

I was not made aware of this that they know.

meza_wolf 03-19-2018 02:56 PM

extended waranty

My 2015 C300 is about to go past 50K. Does anyone have any experience or tips on extended warranty providers for MB cars?

GrFa 03-19-2018 03:19 PM

Add me to the list. All was well Saturday morning when I drove to work then when I got in to drive home it was locked up on one radio station and no change since. I went as far as pulling the battery and some fuses with no change.

My 15 has 59k miles so no warranty left for me. I’ll be keeping track of this thread. I just left a message for my service advisor but something tells me they’ve seen a lot of these today based on this thread.

GeoffNC 03-19-2018 04:32 PM

Same Issue Here...2015 C300 4matic 30k... Can't get in until April 4. Sucks... but update the thread as we find out anything.

cawoodea 03-19-2018 05:19 PM

Service Mgr told me they received a note on Friday afternoon from Corporate acknowledging an Audio 20 issue but not to do anything and no solution.

GrFa 03-19-2018 10:12 PM

My service advisor called me back and confirmed that they got quite a few brought in today with no solution yet. I indicated that I expect it to be fixed on Mercedes’ dime because it seems to be a widespread issue baked into the system. Or is it too early to guess if it was programmed in or if all of us got hacked?

Igotsoul4u 03-19-2018 10:16 PM

Crazy. My C400 just started doing the same thing. Backup cam gets stuck on the screen, then it moves on to "Please Wait" I have an appointment on Friday.

ItalianJoe1 03-19-2018 10:21 PM

We have been notified to not update the 205 Audio 20 units as there is a software error causing them to lock up, and right now new units are on back order so if that happens we are out of luck. I'm assuming engineering will have a software fix ready in a few days, this is a big problem, my team saw 4 of them today with the exact issue listed here.

I believe, strictly my own opinion, they attempted to update something 'Over the air' and it didn't go well.

dream444 03-20-2018 12:19 PM

Same Issue !!..2015 C300 4matic happened on Sat

WoodyW 03-20-2018 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Oceans (Post 7405689)
Hey everyone,
My 2015 C300 Stereo stopped working today. It keeps saying Please wait... and never changes. All sound features are not working(Bluetooth, phone, radio, aux). Rear view camera is delayed but does come on eventually. Any one know how to fix this or reboot this glitch?
Thx

2015 c300
it's a Sirius Sat radio issue. I'm at dealer right now with mine. There was am update from Sirius and it's glitched a ton a vehicles media centers. They can bypass it at dealer as a Temp fix until they can rectify it.

RunwayOneSix 03-20-2018 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by WoodyW (Post 7408967)
2015 c300
it's a Sirius Sat radio issue. I'm at dealer right now with mine. There was am update from Sirius and it's glitched a ton a vehicles media centers. They can bypass it at dealer as a Temp fix until they can rectify it.

For all those affected did you have a current Sirius subscription? I'm assuming Sirius only pushes updates to current customers.

chicago-guy 03-20-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by RunwayOneSix (Post 7409034)
For all those affected did you have a current Sirius subscription? I'm assuming Sirius only pushes updates to current customers.

Also, might be useful to know what level of Sirius subscription? I subscribe to traffic info only, no radio, and I haven't had this issue -- yet....

GrFa 03-20-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by RunwayOneSix (Post 7409034)

No subscription here. Never been activated in the year and a half I’ve owned the car.

RunwayOneSix 03-20-2018 02:10 PM

No subscription for me either. I don't have any problems with my system, but reading this and the other thread. Can't help but wonder if it's just a matter of time.

chicago-guy 03-20-2018 07:44 PM

New theory, and possible temporary fix, on the related thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...t-working.html

MBSebas87 03-20-2018 08:42 PM

So this only affected Audio 20? Anybody with command units affected?

ItalianJoe1 03-20-2018 09:04 PM

The notice says specifically 205 chassis cars with Audio 20, I think COMAND cars are ok.

GrFa 03-20-2018 10:25 PM

I spoke to customer care on my way home tonight. They said at 8PM they received an update from the tech team that a fix had been made and it will be rolled out to all the cars by Thursday afternoon. No need to take it into the dealership as it will be sent directly to the car. We'll see..

TheeNando 03-21-2018 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 (Post 7409431)
The notice says specifically 205 chassis cars with Audio 20, I think COMAND cars are ok.

Actually I got the same problem, active Sirius sub, and Command (2015 C300)

huyga123 03-21-2018 06:51 PM

My service Houston told me they received a note on Friday that Audio 20 issue but not to do anything and no solution. Now I wonder that I am driving the Mercedes or Corolla, why the famous brand name can't do nothing now.

Kahster 03-21-2018 06:54 PM

I don't have a Sirius subscription but have had the same problems. Here's hoping that GrFa's post comes true. Fingers crossed...

RunwayOneSix 03-21-2018 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by MBSebas87 (Post 7409401)
So this only affected Audio 20? Anybody with command units affected?

I have COMAND and not affected. I'm curious as well on this.

huyga123 03-21-2018 07:03 PM

I have the Sirius subscription, so I think that is point. Hope GrFa will come true. I spoke to Customer service, they said that will be fixed tmrw afternoon.

JaguarPaw 03-21-2018 11:07 PM

C300 W4 Command/Audio20 issue

Originally Posted by GrFa (Post 7409508)
I spoke to customer care on my way home tonight. They said at 8PM they received an update from the tech team that a fix had been made and it will be rolled out to all the cars by Thursday afternoon. No need to take it into the dealership as it will be sent directly to the car. We'll see..

MB of Austin said the same thing to me.. to sort of wait for MBUSA to send the update. Waiting..

pete_w 03-22-2018 11:06 AM

I have an active subscription and have not seen any issues. Sirius made me a great deal towards the end of my trial and I basically was given 6 months of the biggest package for $5/month. I'll update if I notice a problem.

Jwmhb 03-22-2018 04:37 PM

I spoke with MBUSA. They confirmed its a problem only affecting 2015 C300 with the "base" audio package. They also confirmed it was a OTA satellite update (presumably from Sirius) that screwed everything up. (I have no subscription to sirius) They further indicated that the fix that they tried today did not work, so its back to the drawing board.

JaguarPaw 03-22-2018 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jwmhb (Post 7411184)
I spoke with MBUSA. They confirmed its a problem only affecting 2015 C300 with the "base" audio package. They also confirmed it was a OTA satellite update (presumably from Sirius) that screwed everything up. (I have no subscription to sirius) They further indicated that the fix that they tried today did not work, so its back to the drawing board.

Strangely enough, I have no active subscription. I had like a trial one for 6 months or so, but never paid, so I am assuming they stopped.
How do they do the OTA update? Would it go thru even if the vehicle is turned-off? I guess some low-level code must always be running.

Jwmhb 03-22-2018 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by JaguarPaw (Post 7411195)
Strangely enough, I have no active subscription. I had like a trial one for 6 months or so, but never paid, so I am assuming they stopped.
How do they do the OTA update? Would it go thru even if the vehicle is turned-off? I guess some low-level code must always be running.

Well, part of the deal is that Sirius always wants to be ready to take you on as a customer. So as you probably know, your satellite radio works during promotional preview periods from time to time. (e.g. https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...ding-road.aspx) So your radio is constantly being updated by Sirius to be ready to do these types of things, or just to be able to be ready to take you on as a customer. It appears that MB did not adequately ring-fence the code that Sirius runs on - to stop it from affecting the rest of the head unit.

Chef 03-22-2018 05:38 PM

My dealer told me today that MBUSA has a "fix" that disables the sat radio completely in order to restore functionality.

huyga123 03-22-2018 05:49 PM

Do we have any person fixed it yet? I was driving haft day without update from OTA.

Davodgd 03-22-2018 08:13 PM

Same issue here, talked to MB of San Antonio and still don’t have a fix...

TheeNando 03-22-2018 09:41 PM

So has anyone found an official announcement from Mercedes? Or this just quietly being pushed under the rug? Called a different dealer about the issue and they knew nothing about it. I imagine others are getting a bit upset like I am.

Chef 03-22-2018 10:15 PM

MB of Boerne is the one that told me about the workaround.

Paul_mez 03-22-2018 10:22 PM

Same issue. 2015 c300. I was assured by Mercedes USA that it was being resolved today with an update. Nothing happened. Called back and was told the update failed. It’s been a long week listening to one radio station and no phone hands free. Should have bought a Ford!

TheeNando 03-22-2018 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_mez (Post 7411430)
Same issue. 2015 c300. I was assured by Mercedes USA that it was being resolved today with an update. Nothing happened. Called back and was told the update failed. It’s been a long week listening to one radio station and no phone hands free. Should have bought a Ford!

Funny thing is I had a 2012 Ford Focus before I got Benz in October and it too got ****ed up by Sirius update. I think it interrupted somehow and the whole ford stereo glitched out. BUT unlike the Mercedes it was able to fix itself after a few hiccups (better software programming I guess, I bet it’s simpler but still). Basically Sirius xm is really to blame. And after both of these experiences with Sirius I think I’m done with them.

Chef 03-23-2018 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheeNando (Post 7411454)

Basically Sirius xm is really to blame

I agree with the basic statement, but this is a Mercedes issue to deal with and/or fix. Mercedes made a business decision to either not have proper QA of the Sirius code on their MB stereos and not code their MB stereos correctly to handle errors. MB made a decision to partner with Sirius and I assume MB gets a kickback for each subscription that is continued after the first X months free deal. I assume their partnership deal includes allow MB the ability to control certain aspects of the car via the same satellite links, but this is very much a Mercedes issue to deal with.

I don't blame the wrist pin issue on the factory that made the pistons and assembly, that's an MB problem.

I'm not sure you can buy a vehicle anywhere that doesn't already have satellite radio installed, so it's hard to be done with Sirius. I have a sat radio in all my cars, but I don't pay for it because it's not a good deal, not because their crappy software code can impact my crappy software code.

It's a huge impact on their brand because well, let's face it, these are issues you expect from a company with immature engineering practices, not ze' Germans. They chose this partnership, now they have to deal with the consequences of that partnership. Not on the same level, but Facebook is dealing with those types of business decisions now too.

Frankly, I was under the impression that MB had better engineering practices (mechanical and software engineering). I was wrong.

vikask3145 03-23-2018 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Chef (Post 7411596)
I agree with the basic statement, but this is a Mercedes issue to deal with and/or fix. Mercedes made a business decision to either not have proper QA of the Sirius code on their MB stereos and not code their MB stereos correctly to handle errors. MB made a decision to partner with Sirius and I assume MB gets a kickback for each subscription that is continued after the first X months free deal. I assume their partnership deal includes allow MB the ability to control certain aspects of the car via the same satellite links, but this is very much a Mercedes issue to deal with.

I don't blame the wrist pin issue on the factory that made the pistons and assembly, that's an MB problem.

I'm not sure you can buy a vehicle anywhere that doesn't already have satellite radio installed, so it's hard to be done with Sirius. I have a sat radio in all my cars, but I don't pay for it because it's not a good deal, not because their crappy software code can impact my crappy software code.

It's a huge impact on their brand because well, let's face it, these are issues you expect from a company with immature engineering practices, not ze' Germans. They chose this partnership, now they have to deal with the consequences of that partnership. Not on the same level, but Facebook is dealing with those types of business decisions now too.

Frankly, I was under the impression that MB had better engineering practices (mechanical and software engineering). I was wrong.

I blame both of them. How do they push updates without testing them. I still have no solution and MB has not even made a official statement to the problem. At least give a time period that they will fix within or freaking just replace the systems or better yet if they are known to mess up just upgrade everyone’s system. I thought MB stood for quality but the cheaper cars are doing a better job currently. Sad

So they wiped my system when updating and trying to fix it. I have nothing currently in the car. The Navi audio Bluetooth and half the options that used to be in the menus are not their anymore.

we need to somehow get a statement across to MB and make sure it gets highlighted so actions cal be taken and not just the owners get taken for a ride.
i don’t even know what people out of warranty will do.

49erPV 03-23-2018 03:49 PM

Not that this helps but it looks like MB is not alone with recent Sirius updates..

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/1...e-problem-jeep

Kahster 03-23-2018 04:14 PM

It's Friday afternoon and still no OTA update. It is becoming very, very frustrating. In addition, MBUSA is not communicating. With an issue this widespread they should be pushing notifications out.

tiremanmj 03-23-2018 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by 49erPV (Post 7411948)
Not that this helps but it looks like MB is not alone with recent Sirius updates..

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/1...e-problem-jeep

Awesome .. I own a Jeep as well...

l3it3r 03-23-2018 07:35 PM

I just wanted to say that mine is also currently useless.
Audio 20 ‘base’ (w/Burmester), no Sirius subscription.

MBSebas87 03-23-2018 08:28 PM

I was just my local dealer and while i was waiting for my car at least 5 cars were pulling in with this problem ...man what a mess!

huyga123 03-23-2018 09:27 PM

I got the new update on air few minutes ago. That was fixed, I can connect the bluetooth, but the sound system wasn't on yet. I tried to reset Command system then it backs to issue again. Anyway, they tried to fix it today.

AmericanMike 03-23-2018 09:33 PM

Just got back from the dealer this afternoon. Had them disable the satellite module and I am back up and running with Nav, backup camera, Bluetooth and full radio function (less SiriusXM). I didn't subscribe to satellite radio anyway so won't be missed but will get it put back to normal when this issue is behind us.

vikask3145 03-23-2018 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by AmericanMike (Post 7412187)
Just got back from the dealer this afternoon. Had them disable the satellite module and I am back up and running with Nav, backup camera, Bluetooth and full radio function (less SiriusXM). I didn't subscribe to satellite radio anyway so won't be missed but will get it put back to normal when this issue is behind us.

man if that works I’ll give my dealer a call tommorow
I’ll live without sat radio until they get a real fix

TheeNando 03-24-2018 12:46 AM

I think had an attempt of update. Mine said "Updating Channels" where it normally shows the artist and song. But it just remained there for a very long time, stuck.

tiremanmj 03-24-2018 07:15 AM

Anyone know how to disconnect the Sat radio?

g8rleslie 03-24-2018 09:48 AM

My husband and I have a 2015 C300 (no Sirius subscription). On Friday, March 16th, the radio and Bluetooth features were not working. I can't change from the station I was listening to nor does the Bluetooth work whatsoever. The backup camera is not 100% dependable anymore. I took the car to the dealer, and they said MB is aware and is working on the fix. Man! This sucks! I have lost faith in Mercedes Benz.

AmericanMike 03-24-2018 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by vikask3145 (Post 7412256)

man if that works I’ll give my dealer a call tommorow
I’ll live without sat radio until they get a real fix

I am not sure if there is a service bulletin issued for it or if I just had a technician who is a genius. It took them about 45 minutes with a car wash to get me back on the road.

AmericanMike 03-24-2018 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by tiremanmj (Post 7412356)
Anyone know how to disconnect the Sat radio?

I don't think it was as simple as disconnecting the Sat module. When they first did it the display worked but the audio did not. They had to do some type of reboot to get it to come back. It was not a complete reset however because my phones were still paired and presets still in place.

Its all under warranty so I wouldn't wrestle with it myself.

vikask3145 03-24-2018 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by AmericanMike (Post 7412415)
I am not sure if there is a service bulletin issued for it or if I just had a technician who is a genius. It took them about 45 minutes with a car wash to get me back on the road.

my dealer just said he knew that fix but even with that the success rate is very low and he said the system eventually loops back so it’s not worth even doing.
now if that is true or not is another question.

AmericanMike 03-24-2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by vikask3145 (Post 7412433)

my dealer just said he knew that fix but even with that the success rate is very low and he said the system eventually loops back so it’s not worth even doing.
now if that is true or not is another question.

Interesting your dealer would say that because from my discussions with my dealer the fix came out on Thursday afternoon. They advised that the OTA capability is now disabled with the SAT receiver bypassed, so not sure how it would cycle. I'll keep an eye on it and update this forum.

l3it3r 03-25-2018 02:09 PM

So, to circle back, if we can reconnect our phones via Bluetooth, that means an OTA went through, and it still might not work, BUT, if we can convince the dealer to disconnect the SAT module, it will (sans Sirius - which sucks anyway)?

This was the last straw for me. I’ve put $ down on a 2018 Golf R. It was what I wanted to get back in 2015 anyway (wasn’t available ANYWHERE at the time). I traded my 2011 GTI in on the C400, and I’ve always had a pang of regret for not waiting it out for the R. The new 2018 is absolutely amazing, and comes with far more equipment than my C400 has in it - and a functional stereo that doesn’t suck even when it works.

I’ve had my car in the shop more times than I’ve ever had any other car previously.
It’s an absolute rocket, and really nice to be in, but with SO many issues, I’m going to bow out and get back into a VW for a while. I’ve still got my eyes on an S Class in the near future, but the 2015 W205 has been nothing but problems for me. AT LEAST 10 trips to the dealer for overnight or longer (sometimes a week or more) repairs that I can recall, I’m sure there are more that I’m simply forgetting because there are so many.

So. If I can get it to work, fantastic. The VW dealer talked to MBUSA and understand that it’s a widespread issue with the radio and just don’t really care all that much. Until the R is in my hands, I’ll continue to drive with my AirPods... *sigh*

edit: oh, and the R is both quicker, and comes standard with CarPlay :y

Kahster 03-25-2018 03:05 PM

It has now been a solid week that this thing has been a brick. No OTA updates, no communication. How much longer before this becomes a class action? I'm trying to be understanding and patient, but I'm really done. Having the problem is acceptable. MB handling it the way they have is not.

AmericanMike 03-25-2018 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by l3it3r (Post 7413305)
So, to circle back, if we can reconnect our phones via Bluetooth, that means an OTA went through, and it still might not work, BUT, if we can convince the dealer to disconnect the SAT module, it will (sans Sirius - which sucks anyway)?

This was the last straw for me. I’ve put $ down on a 2018 Golf R. It was what I wanted to get back in 2015 anyway (wasn’t available ANYWHERE at the time). I traded my 2011 GTI in on the C400, and I’ve always had a pang of regret for not waiting it out for the R. The new 2018 is absolutely amazing, and comes with far more equipment than my C400 has in it - and a functional stereo that doesn’t suck even when it works.

I’ve had my car in the shop more times than I’ve ever had any other car previously.
It’s an absolute rocket, and really nice to be in, but with SO many issues, I’m going to bow out and get back into a VW for a while. I’ve still got my eyes on an S Class in the near future, but the 2015 W205 has been nothing but problems for me. AT LEAST 10 trips to the dealer for overnight or longer (sometimes a week or more) repairs that I can recall, I’m sure there are more that I’m simply forgetting because there are so many.

So. If I can get it to work, fantastic. The VW dealer talked to MBUSA and understand that it’s a widespread issue with the radio and just don’t really care all that much. Until the R is in my hands, I’ll continue to drive with my AirPods... *sigh*

edit: oh, and the R is both quicker, and comes standard with CarPlay :y

It appears disconnecting the SAT module is the answer for now. I'm in day 3 with all functionality except the disconnected SAT module.

agrawalakshay 03-25-2018 11:20 PM

I have the same issue - 2015 c300 4matic. Dealership and Mercedes said there is no fix at present...so I am driving my 2015 C300 without a stereo or bluetooth despite being under warranty...

Chef 03-26-2018 06:54 AM

In all fairness, their bluetooth connectivity sucked anyway. Sometimes it didn't connect, sometimes it connected, but wouldn't play. A combination of turning the system off, and turning bluetooth on my phone(s) off would eventually fix the problem, but I should have seen this coming.

Unless it just sucked for me...

I rented a Mazda CX7 back in 2008 that had better bluetooth connectivity.

AmericanMike 03-26-2018 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chef (Post 7413848)
In all fairness, their bluetooth connectivity sucked anyway. Sometimes it didn't connect, sometimes it connected, but wouldn't play. A combination of turning the system off, and turning bluetooth on my phone(s) off would eventually fix the problem, but I should have seen this coming.

I am not a fan of this vehicle but its my wife's car and she likes it. the thing I do like about this car is the bluetooth. I have never had a problem with connectivity, streaming audio while using WAZE and even talking on the phone. I use iPhones, not sure what phone you have but maybe makes a difference.

AmericanMike 03-26-2018 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by agrawalakshay (Post 7413720)
I have the same issue - 2015 c300 4matic. Dealership and Mercedes said there is no fix at present...so I am driving my 2015 C300 without a stereo or bluetooth despite being under warranty...

There is no permanent fix at present however there is a mitigation as I am the working example of that.

Ken_MB 03-26-2018 11:38 AM

2015 W205 owners, we've all been hacked. No Sirius subscription required. Mine has Burmeister sound, but everyone has Command Audio 20 affected (infected).

I was told it's malicious code was uploaded to the satellites, and all vehicles affected downloaded the code automatically. I've reported this to NHTSA, as my backup camera doesn't work 100% of the time. Also, if you think of all the functions controlled within Command/Audio 20... A hacker can fold my mirrors under some action, change climate control, auto-lock the vehicle, sound the horn, change the steering wheel and seat settings, play loud and obnoxious sounds, control inside lights, control outside courtesy lights, play undesired video or messages, and change the driving agility (including going into all manual mode). Also, if you think of it a hacker could upload malicious code to a connected cell phone. This is only the beginning...

AmericanMike 03-26-2018 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ken_MB (Post 7413988)
2015 W205 owners, we've all been hacked. No Sirius subscription required. Mine has Burmeister sound, but everyone has Command Audio 20 affected (infected).

I was told it's malicious code was uploaded to the satellites, and all vehicles affected downloaded the code automatically. I've reported this to NHTSA, as my backup camera doesn't work 100% of the time. Also, if you think of all the functions controlled within Command/Audio 20... A hacker can fold my mirrors under some action, change climate control, auto-lock the vehicle, sound the horn, change the steering wheel and seat settings, play loud and obnoxious sounds, control inside lights, control outside courtesy lights, play undesired video or messages, and change the driving agility (including going into all manual mode). Also, if you think of it a hacker could upload malicious code to a connected cell phone. This is only the beginning...

I was told the same thing as well. Didn't think about all the ramifications but now glad the OTA link is disabled.

pete_w 03-26-2018 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jwmhb (Post 7411184)

Mine is still working just fine. I have Audio20 with Burmeister, so maybe it really is only the "Base" system that is affected.

l3it3r 03-26-2018 05:52 PM

I'm just nitpicking here...

but it is spelled B U R M E S T E R

not Burmeister..

https://www.burmester.de/en/

anyway, I'm going to try the DIY disable so that I can at least have some music and phone functionality before I trade this damn thing in later this week

l3it3r 03-26-2018 08:40 PM

FYI, this worked for me.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...te-update.html

l3it3r 03-26-2018 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chef (Post 7413848)

Three years, 4 different phones, ZERO bluetooth connectivity issues.

Nelson Masson 03-27-2018 12:09 PM

Anyone have any new updates on this? This is getting very frustrating.

vikask3145 03-27-2018 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nelson Masson (Post 7415007)

I am bringing mines in tommorow to have my sat module disabled, I will get access to my command but will lose sat radio until they come out with a fix. I think I can live with that.
MB could have done that from the beginning and they tried not to.
And still no official announcement of any news from MB that I know off.
we need to get this trending on Twitter

gdmmercy 03-27-2018 04:01 PM

I have a 2015 C400 and dropped it off at the before the dealer in Seattle, WA on Friday not seeing the thread beforehand. Got the car back today with no fix of course, I was very frustrated and they were telling me they are still working on a fix which may be done in 2-3 weeks but no one knows. Today when I picked up my advisor let me know he got an email from Mercedes they are working with Serius on a fix which is 10-14 days away from being done.

Wish I had told them to disable my sat module like vikas3145 was saying.

AmericanMike 03-27-2018 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nelson Masson (Post 7415007)

still up and running with the SAT disabled.

vikask3145 03-28-2018 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by AmericanMike (Post 7413881)
There is no permanent fix at present however there is a mitigation as I am the working example of that.

just went to MB and they tried to update system and they were supposed to do a workaround and two hours later I get car back no fix saying can’t do the workaround because they are out of the part.
great wasted my time.

i can do the workaround myself but I do not want to mess with the warranty. Not very hard. This is bull crap on MB.

hiawan 03-28-2018 02:00 PM

I am also having the same issue in my 2015 C300 it has 84k miles so i'm out of warranty.

I unplugged the SAT radio module (in the trunk near the fuses) and restarted the system by holding the ON button. This fixes the issue however there is no sound at all because the system uses fiber optics to route the sound and it is daisy chained to each module. Mercedes needs to issue a recall on this.

sr5959 03-28-2018 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by gdmmercy (Post 7415278)
I have a 2015 C400 and dropped it off at the before the dealer in Seattle, WA on Friday not seeing the thread beforehand. Got the car back today with no fix of course, I was very frustrated and they were telling me they are still working on a fix which may be done in 2-3 weeks but no one knows. Today when I picked up my advisor let me know he got an email from Mercedes they are working with Serius on a fix which is 10-14 days away from being done.

Wish I had told them to disable my sat module like vikas3145 was saying.

I am also in Seattle have a 2015 C400 too, but I haven’t been affected by this issue so far, hoping it stays that way.

ItalianJoe1 03-28-2018 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by hiawan (Post 7416100)
I am also having the same issue in my 2015 C300 it has 84k miles so i'm out of warranty.

I unplugged the SAT radio module (in the trunk near the fuses) and restarted the system by holding the ON button. This fixes the issue however there is no sound at all because the system uses fiber optics to route the sound and it is daisy chained to each module. Mercedes needs to issue a recall on this.

The workaround fixes that by telling you to loop the fiberoptic cables to bypass the sat radio module. So you retain the rest of the system when the Sat radio is unplugged.

Plepster 03-28-2018 06:42 PM

I got a customer care # of 800-222-0100 for MB in the US. I called them to complain and asked if there is any compensation for not having a radio at all for two weeks now. No compensation at this time, but I'm not going to stop asking.

The customer care rep told me their engineering team is expecting a fix within the week, but he wouldn't give me an exact date. And he confirmed it is a Sirius update that 'broke' our Audio 20 systems.

SUCKS!!!

Kahster 03-28-2018 08:54 PM

This was my first MB and I am at a loss as to why they have handled this whole issue so poorly. Communication and empathy have been entirely absent, and the experience has taken a lot of the luster off of my impression of Mercedes Benz as a premium brand. In 2018, after the engine, the head unit and is probably the most used feature of the car. Still no CarPlay for the car used to showcase it, and now this.

If anyone has a link to a how-to to remove the sat module and bypass the fiber, it would be super helpful if you could post it. Thanks!

TheeNando 03-28-2018 09:10 PM

Does anyone have a decent twitter account? Usually if a tweet that calls out a company gets traction, they have no choice but to address it. At least it'll get picked up a blog or two, and grow until the problem is formally addressed. Facebook works too, but twitter works best.

gocal73 03-28-2018 09:24 PM

I have a 2015 C300 with Burmester sound and Garmin Nav, which I actually like. I just got a call from my service department. M-B's fix is to bypass the Sat radio, which means no live traffic or music from Sirius even though I am paying for it. My service adviser suggested that I call M-B USA and ask for a Sirius refund. She thinks it might work if enough people call and ask M-B USA for a refund. I'm calling tomorrow. Hope you do too.

I am so glad my car buyback has been approved!

BTW, the 2018 C300 loaner has Apple car play and no Nav. So, I used the Car play and it worked better than I had expected. Takes a little getting used to, but it does the job. Biggest complaints other than limited apps, Siri hears requests but sometimes drops them and the Nav voice is much lower than the radio and still haven't figured out how to adjust that. Just wish Apple would let us use Google maps for car play. Would be perfect if we could access any iPhone App. But, I want Car Play on my next car. I believe if you opt for COMAND you cannot get Car Play, whereas BMW and Alfa Romeo will allow you to have both.

Kahster 03-28-2018 09:38 PM

gocal73, would you mind sharing a little with us about your buyback experience? Was it a trade assist? Also, hat tip to TheeNando. I'm going to post about it on Twitter. BTW their handle is @MercedesBenz.

gocal73 03-28-2018 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kahster (Post 7416535)
gocal73, would you mind sharing a little with us about your buyback experience? Was it a trade assist? Also, hat tip to TheeNando. I'm going to post about it on Twitter. BTW their handle is @MercedesBenz.

I'm just now going through the process so I can't really say. So far, M-B USA decided to buyback. The request to buy back was decided within 6 weeks of my request. I have been contacted by a private company who actually handles the buy back for MB USA. Just started the process with them so we'll see how it goes.

gocal73 03-29-2018 05:45 PM

There is a fix!

Just in case you have not heard, I just spoke with MB USA and the Sirius XM / Audio 20 problem is solved. they said to call your dealer and schedule an appointment. No new hardware is needed.

JaguarPaw 03-29-2018 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by gocal73 (Post 7417261)
Just in case you have not heard, I just spoke with MB USA and the Sirius XM / Audio 20 problem is solved. they said to call your dealer and schedule an appointment. No new hardware is needed.

Thanks gocal for the heads-up. I am going to call them today evening...
Hopefully this fix will work!

Kahster 03-29-2018 05:57 PM

gocal73, we all heard it was an OTA update. Are you sure we need to bring it in for the fix?

JaguarPaw 03-29-2018 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kahster (Post 7417273)
gocal73, we all heard it was an OTA update. Are you sure we need to bring it in for the fix?

My service adviser just called, asked me to bring the vehicle in to get it resolved. Apparently it will not be thru OTA.
Glad that the misery is over!!!

ItalianJoe1 03-29-2018 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the current fix document, in case anyone is curious.

vikask3145 03-30-2018 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by JaguarPaw (Post 7417303)
My service adviser just called, asked me to bring the vehicle in to get it resolved. Apparently it will not be thru OTA.
Glad that the misery is over!!!

has anyone had theirs fixed?
My mb is saying their is no fix as of now.

MIKE JAHNZ 03-30-2018 10:10 AM

I called my dealership this morning and they said to bring it in this afternoon..

vikask3145 03-30-2018 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by MIKE JAHNZ (Post 7417689)
I called my dealership this morning and they said to bring it in this afternoon..

just talked to a diffrent dealer they said bring it in. No more going to my dealer.

TheeNando 03-30-2018 01:34 PM

Called my Chicago dealer. They said they were told their particular location still doesn’t have a fix. Which doesn’t make much sense to me how this OTA update who differ so much that no fix is available for Chicago. She claimed other locations had a temporary fix.

vikask3145 03-30-2018 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by TheeNando (Post 7417845)
Called my Chicago dealer. They said they were told their particular location still doesn’t have a fix. Which doesn’t make much sense to me how this OTA update who differ so much that no fix is available for Chicago. She claimed other locations had a temporary fix.

I think the dealers are just backed up with all the cars they have to fix. They are just delaying people so the ones who are aggressive are getting their cars looked at fist. My guy at MB said he has no fix, I called another dealer they gave me a time and said it will take 30 mins. So now I am waiting at diffrent dealer, hopefully they will have it fixed as updated also.

Its a push update not OTA by the way so they actually have to plug and do it.

marco81 03-30-2018 02:33 PM

Called yesterday, the lady who took the call initially told me there was no fix just the work around when was already done to my car. Gave me the whole "don't believe everything you read on the internet" condescending speech. I insisted that as per MB USA there was a final fix for the problem, she huffed that she's received no emails over the issue but that she'd ask the manager who quickly told her there was a resolution finally to the problem. Dropped the car off this morning, 5 hours later they still have it so we'll see if it's finally OK by this afternoon.

vikask3145 03-30-2018 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by marco81 (Post 7417898)
Called yesterday, the lady who took the call initially told me there was no fix just the work around when was already done to my car. Gave me the whole "don't believe everything you read on the internet" condescending speech. I insisted that as per MB USA there was a final fix for the problem, she huffed that she's received no emails over the issue but that she'd ask the manager who quickly told her there was a resolution finally to the problem. Dropped the car off this morning, 5 hours later they still have it so we'll see if it's finally OK by this afternoon.

So at mb talked to my guy he has confirmed that the real fix is not just avaliable and only the temp fix is their. The person on the phone just made an error and actually mentioned yes they have a fix but it's a temp workaround. So my MB guy was Correct.

TheeNando 03-30-2018 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by vikask3145 (Post 7417851)

I think the dealers are just backed up with all the cars they have to fix. They are just delaying people so the ones who are aggressive are getting their cars looked at fist. My guy at MB said he has no fix, I called another dealer they gave me a time and said it will take 30 mins. So now I am waiting at diffrent dealer, hopefully they will have it fixed as updated also.

Its a push update not OTA by the way so they actually have to plug and do it.

Ya I see what you mean. I didn’t get an appointment until the third place I called. They said they have a fix and will apply it, so we’ll see. Unfortunately not until Tuesday.

Nelson Masson 03-30-2018 04:10 PM

The latest fix did not work. I am currently at the dealer and they just informed me I have no sound now. They applied the latest update. I am the 2nd car with the same issue today. Temp fix doesn’t even work now either after latest update.

Ken_MB 03-30-2018 04:41 PM

I have my C300 at the dealership. It's been there all day. They are attempting first-time doing procedure as a permanent fix. Just got a call that it's taking over 5-hours to re-flash and reset everything on the COMMAND system. They say they will have ready for Monday (Apr 2nd). I'll provide an update then.

Plepster 03-30-2018 05:56 PM

My dealer in So Cal just told me they received the fix late yesterday (Thursday). Thanks for letting me know...he said he was going to email me ASAP when he found out. I can't get my car to the dealer until Monday am. I'll let you know my outcome. He didn't say anything about whether it's a permanent fix...better be. Or how long it'll take.

ItalianJoe1 03-30-2018 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 (Post 7417327)
Here's the current fix document, in case anyone is curious.

Guys, i posted the fix, this is what dealers got yesterday.

marco81 03-30-2018 06:47 PM

Just got a call that the fix worked! On my way to pick it up.

Plepster 03-30-2018 06:52 PM

Can anybody confirm how long the fix that ItalianJoe1 posted will take? The actual work to fix the Audio 20? Is it like a full day thing? My dealer said it'll be about one hour. Not sure I believe that.

ItalianJoe1 03-30-2018 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Plepster (Post 7418100)
Can anybody confirm how long the fix that ItalianJoe1 posted will take? The actual work to fix the Audio 20? Is it like a full day thing? My dealer said it'll be about one hour. Not sure I believe that.

The fix is basically a reset of some software, it shouldn't take more than about an hour. Little longer if your satellite tuner was previously bypassed, but not an all day thing. If they want to also update the Audio 20 software at the same time, yes that update can take hours at times.

Plepster 03-30-2018 07:03 PM

So I read through that PDF that ItalianJoe1 posted above. Kind of funny, but it seems like there was a memory issue that was part of the problem. Do our Audio 20 units have 56K of memory? What year is Mercedes living in - 1999? Really a memory issue? Pretty darn sad that that's part of the issue.

marco81 03-30-2018 07:23 PM

The fix worked. Everything is as before. They told me they did 4 others as well and all worked. Dropped off in the morning and they told me it was ready around 4pm. It's the only dealership in the area so they're always slammed with work, not sure how long it actually took.

dream444 03-30-2018 10:08 PM

It did work at pm 4:00. After my dealer use the newest update,everything is back!!

Tuner 04-01-2018 05:17 PM

That sounds like a PIA, In my 205 with command online, only the media register glitches every once and a while. No fix for it, that our shop knows of anyway. If anyone else has this problem. I Just unplug all my usb stuff and remove my SD card. Then turn off the car and leave it locked for a few minutes to let everything go to sleep. Then unlock it, start it up, plug everything back in, and all is working normally. It only happens if I turn the car off, lock it, then unlock it and start it back up all within 30-45 seconds. The media register doesn't recognize anything I plug in, but the radio/sat/bluetooth/nav all work normally. If I let the car sit for more than ~45 seconds locked, it never happens. Weird, but there is a work around.

Lyndissima 04-01-2018 08:15 PM

2015 C300 radio/Nav

mine has been down since 3/15/18. They said that they'd notify me when there was a fix.
It is pretty frustrating NOT having a radio or GPS ... two of my favorite toys.

Lyndissima 04-01-2018 08:30 PM

I firmly believe that this will become a class action suit.
my radio and Nav have been down since 3/15/18. This is unacceptable.

marco81 04-02-2018 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lyndissima (Post 7419474)
I firmly believe that this will become a class action sun t.
my radio and Nav have been down since 3/15/18. This is unacceptable.

I share your frustration but at least a real fix is out. Had mine repaired Friday.

Lyndissima 04-02-2018 03:00 AM

Yours has really been repaired and it worked through he weekend?
I'll call them, AGAIN, in the morning.

marco81 04-02-2018 08:17 AM

Yup, it's 100% again. Controls, Bluetooth, backup camera all of it.

vikask3145 04-02-2018 10:14 AM

Just updating... Mine was also fixed on the first day and everything works like a charm. Glad to have functionality in the vehicle.

Dealer one has not called me about the fix.
Dealer two did it in 2 hours flat.

Thanks everyone for sticking to the thread, if any updates after the fix please post.

ItalianJoe1 04-02-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lyndissima (Post 7419606)
Yours has really been repaired and it worked through he weekend?
I'll call them, AGAIN, in the morning.

I've posted the fix bulletin in this thread twice.

Lyndissima 04-03-2018 12:52 PM

I called the dealer. He said that they updated one car and that
1) it didn't repair the radio/gps issue
2) their backup cam went down, too.
Told me to wait.

this is very frustrating.

gocal73 04-04-2018 02:27 AM

The fix works. Got my car back today and everything is now working fine.

Lorell28 04-04-2018 10:11 AM

My dealer is saying it was a Sirius update to their programming done over the air. As of today still no fix from MB. Has anyone got a fix yet???

ItalianJoe1 04-04-2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 (Post 7419812)
I've posted the fix bulletin in this thread twice.

Originally Posted by Lorell28 (Post 7421582)
My dealer is saying it was a Sirius update to their programming done over the air. As of today still no fix from MB. Has anyone got a fix yet???

Read before posting? Post # 112

ItalianJoe1 04-04-2018 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lyndissima (Post 7420911)
I called the dealer. He said that they updated one car and that
1) it didn't repair the radio/gps issue
2) their backup cam went down, too.
Told me to wait.

this is very frustrating.

There's a specific instruction to not just update them. There's a procedure to follow and it requires the latest software on the dealer Xentry tool also. If they didn't follow it correctly as per the bulletin I posted, yes it will brick the radio and you will lose everything, not just audio.

DoorHandle_LED 04-04-2018 07:38 PM

I made an appointment last week for today and took my car in. When I made the appointment, they told me the fix would take an hour and that I could wait at the dealership. After waiting for an hour and a half they told me they couldn't fix my car. Apparently since my car has the nav option the update will take 4 hours and cannot be interrupted. They didn't have any loaner cars available and had me set an appointment for next week when a loaner car was available. Mercedes is an absolute joke!

Plepster 04-04-2018 07:56 PM

I'm now going on my third time bringing my car into the dealership to get this Audio 20 issue resolved. After the second time the car was at the dealer and they couldn't fix it, I called MB USA. MB USA told me the fix is absolutely available...and working (according to them). MB USA then called the service adviser at my dealer...not sure what transpired during that conversation. MB USA called me back telling me I need to bring my car back (third time) and their field tech will work with the service department to apply the fix correctly. I guess they have to create something called a PTSS case for the field tech to get involved.

Oh yeah - and after the second time the dealer tried to fix my car, they did brick the entire system so now I don't have the rear-view camera. SUCKS!!

Suffice it to say this is BY FAR the worst car repair experience I've ever had and I've been driving for a lot of years. Sure stuff happens, but it normally gets fixed in a timely fashion. IMO MB really dropped the ball on this. Especially for the prices we pay for the car, the brand, and the "supposed" service...

Lyndissima 04-05-2018 11:31 AM

Lovely. This continues to be a mess.
my other car is an Acura. I've had Acuras for 30 years and never had service issues like this.

TheeNando 04-05-2018 08:21 PM

Good news guys! Chicago location, permanent fix worked! Have all functionality including satellite radio. EXCEPT was charged nearly $350 because out of 50,000 mile warranty. Calling MBUSA tomorrow to see if they can help.

DoorHandle_LED 04-06-2018 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by TheeNando (Post 7423103)
Good news guys! Chicago location, permanent fix worked! Have all functionality including satellite radio. EXCEPT was charged nearly $350 because out of 50,000 mile warranty. Calling MBUSA tomorrow to see if they can help.

WTF! They charged you for something they broke??!! I would not have paid. Keep us posted on whether or not you get reimbursed.

JaguarPaw 04-06-2018 06:02 PM

Pathetic that they charged you for that.
I picked-up mine after the fix yesterday only to realize that the damn touchpad won't work now. Dropped it back today again..
What a shame..

Lyndissima 04-07-2018 07:26 AM

I have an appointment, w/ a loaner, to repair mine on Wednesday. They say 4+ hours to do the job.
I'll report back when the work is complete.

ItalianJoe1 04-07-2018 04:14 PM

Absolutely call MBUSA and they will refund that, I understand the car is out of warranty but this is something the MB system caused, not the car itself, and as such you should NOT be charged to fix it.

marco81 04-09-2018 01:12 PM

So the fix still seems to work fine for my wife's car, although someone here posted earlier that the touch pad wasn't work on their car. I tested mine this weekend and sure enough it doesn't work either. Not a big deal since we never used the touch pad but still, it's not 100% I'm just glad everything else works like it should. She has a long commute to work and without functional satellite I had to keep hearing about how I convinced her to get this car because I felt that she'd love it and how wrong I am every time it has a strange issue. :smash:

ItalianJoe1 04-09-2018 04:37 PM

The touch pad is commonly inoperative after audio updates, it is a separate module and needs to be updated also after the audio work. Most techs don't catch it as we don't have any reason to use the touch pad. Takes only a couple minutes to update it after you've done the other systems.

DoorHandle_LED 04-10-2018 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 (Post 7426144)
The touch pad is commonly inoperative after audio updates, it is a separate module and needs to be updated also after the audio work. Most techs don't catch it as we don't have any reason to use the touch pad. Takes only a couple minutes to update it after you've done the other systems.

To get the touchpad working all you need to do is enable it: Vehicle -> System Settings (Bottom Left) -> Touchpad -> Activate Touchpad. No programming needed. I got my update done yesterday and enabled the touchpad earlier today.

AmericanMike 04-10-2018 07:25 PM

Just got back from getting the official update. They advised they had struggled with the first few vehicles but had it down to a proven routine by the time I was ready to come in. They needed the car for the whole day but actually finished up in about 3 hours. All is working as designed. They also had to update my navigation maps as per the service bulletin for compatibility. That was a nice surprise since the original maps on this vehicle were very outdated.

ItalianJoe1 04-10-2018 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Up_Not_Down (Post 7427231)
To get the touchpad working all you need to do is enable it: Vehicle -> System Settings (Bottom Left) -> Touchpad -> Activate Touchpad. No programming needed. I got my update done yesterday and enabled the touchpad earlier today.

Interesting, i'll check that on the next one I get. Without enabling it, just doing a software update of it makes it work again, so I guess that moves the setting from inactive to active. Wasn't aware you could turn it on and off.

Lyndissima 04-11-2018 07:18 PM

Got mine fixed this morning. It took 3 hours. All is well.
Radio stations and previous Nav locations are still in memory.

Krypton 04-11-2018 09:06 PM

Got my issue fixed at the dealer in San Jose. Permanent fix...so they say! Got an email from Sirius also offering a 2 month free subscription with a credit card needed for sign up.

TheeNando 04-19-2018 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Up_Not_Down (Post 7423438)
WTF! They charged you for something they broke??!! I would not have paid. Keep us posted on whether or not you get reimbursed.

Called MBUSA. The Chicago service center was very helpful in working with them and getting me a reimbursement. They paid for the whole thing. Needless to say, happy ending to an ugly story.

mazantaz 04-26-2018 05:08 PM

Literally just saw this thread. Have had the exact same issue for the past month and a half or so. 2015 C300 4matic Luxury model. Have a dealership visit scheduled for this Tuesday

Michael Brotman 12-09-2018 10:54 PM

Audio Quality Diminished

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the sound quality dropped with the update? The bass and tones don’t sound the same to me. Maybe it’s all in my head, wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

NarraJack 01-01-2019 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Brotman (Post 7625304)
Is it just me or has anyone noticed the sound quality dropped with the update? The bass and tones don’t sound the same to me. Maybe it’s all in my head, wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

Michael: It is not in your head, I assure you. In Aug 18 I had my 15 c300 in for a recall of a separate matter and they did the audio update. Right away I noticed diminished sound quality. I have been trying to get it fixed since. The dealer who did it, says sounds fine to them. But it is staticiky and does not seem to pull HD stations. Almost like the unit is under powered.

Now get this I brought it to a different dealer and they checked, said everything was OK, but whatever they did to run the test seems to have corrected the problem. I was fine for 2 months until I brought it to a very reputable indy shop for an oil/filter and when he went in to the diagnostic module, it reverted back. Electrical/software??? I did a reset on the systems settings and that corrected it once more, but not it is poor quality again. And the reset trick is not working...

It is maddening because when the Burmester is working as designed it is IMO more than sufficient.

Let me know if you get any satisfaction... Jack

benzdude 02-03-2019 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Brotman (Post 7625304)

I just had COMMAND update and you are correct. I thought it was all in my head. :mad:

I3emad 09-20-2019 10:31 AM

Brilliant

You’re such a hero bro 👍🏼

hks 10-06-2021 07:43 AM

Its been one year without my radio. Did the fix work? Im tired of taking my car in without a solution. Can someone just give me the steps to bypass the sat module while still having audio?

shan16 10-06-2021 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by hks (Post 8431419)
Its been one year without my radio. Did the fix work? Im tired of taking my car in without a solution. Can someone just give me the steps to bypass the sat module while still having audio?

if you have comand with inbuilt HDD then removing the HDD will bypass the Navigation.

Tankster 11-02-2021 12:14 PM

Same problem

[QUOTE=l3it3r;7414557]FYI, this worked for me.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...te-update.html[/QUOT I brought mt c300 in 2015 new in 2018 radio went out. my wife drove it for about 6 months then parked it. today they are telling me it will cost $2000 to fix the problem, any advice?