C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Sport Mode made engine light come on?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250W
Sport Mode made engine light come on?

I have to 2014 C250W (48k miles) and I always driving in E. I mistakingly switched it to S mode while driving unbeknownst to me and when I pulled out in front of someone and took off very fast my engine light came on my car begin to putter as if it wants to turn off. Did I mess up my engine?
Old 05-23-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 Metris, Turbokits big turbo
Did you mess up your engine by pressing buttons inside the cab while using your car as intended?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:16 PM

C class w205
same happen to me ,5 mins after i put it into s+ ...
i have a c class 250d w205 amg line
after 4 months driving on eco mode,engine light came on and the car went into limp mode.engineer came over and said the DPF is blocked due to short distance driving.
i took it straight to merc certified garage ,claimed it is fix .picked up day after and 50miles later it went into limp mode again.dropped off again and i got told the car needs to go to a dealer because his programs isnt compatible for this car as yet
(basically merc hasn't release updates to 3rd parties)
the only problem his system showing is about adblu in the history but he cant reset nor fix the initial problem.
ive had more problems and issue with this new car than any other cars i've had in the past
1 ,two days after purchace rattle in dash
2, 3 months after service due
3 ,adblu issue was the worst ,took it in and got told i over fill it thats why it wont reset (bullshi******* all the way)said it was my fault and not manufacture fault .told them i've already paid diognostic im not paying any job to be done,waited an hour and i got told it's fix just had a reset done (thieve)
20 miles the same problem came back..took it back same day and again i had to pay for diagnostic, finally found out the adblu wire was corroded with a 300 pounds fine to fix
on a brand new car hell no i wasnt gonna pay that much for a manufacture fault.took it merc certified and got it done for 60 pounds
4. dpf blockage still not fix waiting until next week but car is in merc dealer
5 adblu also is a cause of dpf malfuncion
ill update after service department call back
Old 05-26-2018, 10:28 AM

C class w205
got a call from mercedes today
well lets say it wasn't good news,first started with diagnostics but technician cant fix the problem.And he will need an extra 2 hrs work but it will be at a cost..
Old 05-26-2018, 10:31 AM

C class w205
Angry c class w205 bluetec c250

Originally Posted by Deserteagle
same happen to me ,5 mins after i put it into s+ ...
i have a c class 250d w205 amg line
after 4 months driving on eco mode,engine light came on and the car went into limp mode.engineer came over and said the DPF is blocked due to short distance driving.
i took it straight to merc certified garage ,claimed it is fix .picked up day after and 50miles later it went into limp mode again.dropped off again and i got told the car needs to go to a dealer because his programs isnt compatible for this car as yet
(basically merc hasn't release updates to 3rd parties)
the only problem his system showing is about adblu in the history but he cant reset nor fix the initial problem.
ive had more problems and issue with this new car than any other cars i've had in the past
1 ,two days after purchace rattle in dash
2, 3 months after service due
3 ,adblu issue was the worst ,took it in and got told i over fill it thats why it wont reset (bullshi******* all the way)said it was my fault and not manufacture fault .told them i've already paid diognostic im not paying any job to be done,waited an hour and i got told it's fix just had a reset done (thieve)
20 miles the same problem came back..took it back same day and again i had to pay for diagnostic, finally found out the adblu wire was corroded with a 300 pounds fine to fix
on a brand new car hell no i wasnt gonna pay that much for a manufacture fault.took it merc certified and got it done for 60 pounds
4. dpf blockage still not fix waiting until next week but car is in merc dealer
5 adblu also is a cause of dpf malfuncion
ill update after service department call back
woww