C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Halogen to Dual LED, Plug & Play Project Done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by Jackforl

Hey Paulatl, do the headlights utilize both projectors at night or is it just one for high beam and one for low beam? Mind taking a picture of the headlights at night with just the low beams on?
It was raining last night, but you can this below video I took a few days ago. the left-hand side is QX 80 low beam headlight, the right-hand side is W205 low beam headlight.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:16 PM

C300

Hey Paulatl, do the headlights utilize both projectors at night or is it just one for high beam and one for low beam? Mind taking a picture of the headlights at night with just the low beams on?
here we go!
Old 06-15-2018, 10:18 PM

C300

That would be great
One more video, cannot love it more!! so sexy!! the DRL blue light effect !

Old 06-28-2018, 11:47 PM

C300
Some night photos with DRL on only~ love it~

Old 06-29-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Thanks for sharing all these pictures and videos, they are very helpful!
Old 06-29-2018, 05:51 PM

C300
Nice work - this is exactly what I hope to achieve with my C300!

Do you have the contact info for the vendor?

Also, would be great if you could post instructions? I've wanted to do the upgrade but was unsure how involved it would be.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:12 PM

C300
Originally Posted by lollerman
Nice work - this is exactly what I hope to achieve with my C300!

Do you have the contact info for the vendor?

Also, would be great if you could post instructions? I've wanted to do the upgrade but was unsure how involved it would be.
the Ebay link is : https://www.ebay.com/itm/282982968277
the vendor email is : ottoautollc@gmail.com

The installation is very easy. For the headlight, iit is plug and play, no need extra parts. There are only three screws need to be taken off. two on the top, and one on the side.

You do not need to remove the whole bumper, only take off the screws on the tops, side. The two screws under the bottom do not need to be removed. Here is the link: https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/merced...-bumper-387548 ( you do not need to remove number 13 screws)

Last edited by paulatl; 06-29-2018 at 09:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lollerman (07-02-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2017 C300
Originally Posted by paulatl
Finally, I received the Plug & Play dual LED headlight for W205 C300 this Monday. I have tried the new headlight for 5 days before writing this review. I love it !! so much better, so bright, so sexy!!!! First, I have to say I received this upgraded headlight for free under some conditions. The vendor only targeted the European and Middleast markets. I need to share the experiences in this forum, upload videos to Youtube and give the photos and video copyrights..... so you should know that this review is biased!!!! who cares, I just want to get rid of the halogen headlight!! I will try my best to be subjective.

The package is super big and very well packaged! looks very good !!! The headlight is kind of heavy, probably due to the triple radiators. the vendor told me this is the second generation, there is no overheating problem!

I got it on Monday and tired it. it is true plug and play, no error code!! the DRL is very bright, and pure white!!

the dual LEDs look very nice, much much brighter than the factory halogen!

Some members mentioned in my previous post that the aftermarket headlight may not bright enough, so I bought a lux meter from Amazon, only $ 15. the numbers show that the LED is much brighter. I got consistent 1.5K X 100 to 1.8K X100 for both low and high beams. the halogen can only reach around 300 x 10 lux. I have no idea what do those numbers mean. but it feels the dual LED is much better.

installation is very easy, took me under one hour for headlight only. I also replaced standard grill to star grill, so I remove the front bumper, but you do not need to remove the whole bumper. I found only need to take out the top 3 screws, and 2 screws under the fenders.

some tips: when installing the headlight, make sure this little plastic align!

it fits perfectly!!! when starting the engine, the DRL will flash from blue to pure white!!!! see video below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XviQ3mhoxM

the star grill is so hard to be installed, took me another two hours, but it looks great!!!!

here are some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCLAkGxspmk

no error code!!!!!!!Wonderful!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUAREUPDPc&t=3s

low beam at night! found out that it needs to adjust driver side!!BTW, the headlight is manually adjustable for height and width!! search on youtube, not hard!! but it was hard to find a flat surface around my area.

high beam

I love it !! it looks so much better !!! I have to say the quality is very good, perfect fit, no gap, no misalignment! very well made!!! here are some detail photos

Thank you for supporting otto auto~
Old 08-24-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300
Plug and play LED lights

Do these replacement lights have these yellow side marker lights? Are they required for the USA? I am really wanting to upgrade, but I want to make sure I wont have any issues. All the US cars in the C-Class photo thread have them and it looks like the Euro cars do not.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:16 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Navychief8

Do these replacement lights have these yellow side marker lights? Are they required for the USA? I am really wanting to upgrade, but I want to make sure I wont have any issues. All the US cars in the C-Class photo thread have them and it looks like the Euro cars do not.
So far, I have used the headlight for about 3 months, have no issue at all.

you are right, this is the European style , I personally do not like the yellow reflector~ I believe there is a requirement for the car manufacturer, and there is no requirement for the aftermarket part.

if you go to Ebay, you will find most of the aftermarket headlights do not have the yellow reflector.

please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:16 PM

C300
2015 c300

I have a 2015 c300 going to upgrade from halogen to oem led.need to know if there's a plug & play kit.or if anyone have information on how to wire thanks
Old 12-05-2018, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by Slickrick69
I have a 2015 c300 going to upgrade from halogen to oem led.need to know if there's a plug & play kit.or if anyone have information on how to wire thanks
Previous posts showed $1200 but is now for $2599.99.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mercede...wAAOSwbbRbIwKq
Old 12-05-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300
I would contact Otto Auto, he was offering discounts to MB World members.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:05 PM

2017 C300
I also noticed the price went up by more than double...

At $2600 I'd say zero chance of any interest on my part. I should have pulled the trigger when I first saw it.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:23 PM

C63
Really need OEM parts

Paulatl, you have done a fantastic job! thank you so much for great videos and instructions! I like these LED lights but i "really" want to put in OEM parts. They last longer and preserve my car value.

Does anyone know how to install an OEM LED light on my 2017 C300 W205. I have halogen. I contacted Mercedes Benz in Seattle and they had no clue on how to upgrade. They said I may need a new wire harness, controller and computer software changes to upgrade from halogen to LED. I know aftermarket part is plug and play but i really want to get the OEM.

Has anyone been able to install an OEM LED headlamp on a 2017 C300 W205. What part number did you use? did you have to upgrade the wiring harness? did you have to reprogramm the computer?

Any information would be hugely appreciated!!

Thank you!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:20 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Speedy2018
Paulatl, you have done a fantastic job! thank you so much for great videos and instructions! I like these LED lights but i "really" want to put in OEM parts. They last longer and preserve my car value.

Does anyone know how to install an OEM LED light on my 2017 C300 W205. I have halogen. I contacted Mercedes Benz in Seattle and they had no clue on how to upgrade. They said I may need a new wire harness, controller and computer software changes to upgrade from halogen to LED. I know aftermarket part is plug and play but i really want to get the OEM.

Has anyone been able to install an OEM LED headlamp on a 2017 C300 W205. What part number did you use? did you have to upgrade the wiring harness? did you have to reprogramm the computer?

Any information would be hugely appreciated!!

Thank you!
Upgrade to OEM static (single projector) headlight is possible, but it requires a lot of works.
I know some one offer the wire harness, but it requires programming.

if you do not want to use the wire harness, it is still possible, search our forum. one guy did that, but the problem is that the DRL will not be in the full brightness.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:21 PM

C300
Originally Posted by louisf
I also noticed the price went up by more than double...

At $2600 I'd say zero chance of any interest on my part. I should have pulled the trigger when I first saw it.
For the MB members, the price is $1899.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
i have upgraded to full oem ils led from static led on an amg. for the people in c300 with halogen, it is a big task. i would recommend this plug and play options. if you have the static led already, i would go oem ils. if you have an amg, you can do full ils oem quite easy.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:33 AM

C63
Hi @paulatl
Thanks again for your response. Would you be kind enough to share the link to wiring harness? I am assuming my dealer can do the programming so if i can upgrade to Static LED and use just a wiring harness and programming that sounds like the ideal option because 1) i get the OEM part 2) i get the orange parking light that is required in the USA.

Also can you send the link for the guy who did it without wiring harness and got low light DRL? i might live with low light DRL if i see what it looks like.

Thank you for sharing both links!
Best