C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 Halogen to Dual LED, Plug & Play Project Done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 11:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
C300
Talking W205 Halogen to Dual LED, Plug & Play Project Done

Finally, I received the Plug & Play dual LED headlight for W205 C300 this Monday. I have tried the new headlight for 5 days before writing this review. I love it !! so much better, so bright, so sexy!!!! First, I have to say I received this upgraded headlight for free under some conditions. The vendor only targeted the European and Middleast markets. I need to share the experiences in this forum, upload videos to Youtube and give the photos and video copyrights..... so you should know that this review is biased!!!! who cares, I just want to get rid of the halogen headlight!! I will try my best to be subjective.

The package is super big and very well packaged! looks very good !!! The headlight is kind of heavy, probably due to the triple radiators. the vendor told me this is the second generation, there is no overheating problem!

I got it on Monday and tired it. it is true plug and play, no error code!! the DRL is very bright, and pure white!!

the dual LEDs look very nice, much much brighter than the factory halogen!

Some members mentioned in my previous post that the aftermarket headlight may not bright enough, so I bought a lux meter from Amazon, only $ 15. the numbers show that the LED is much brighter. I got consistent 1.5K X 100 to 1.8K X100 for both low and high beams. the halogen can only reach around 300 x 10 lux. I have no idea what do those numbers mean. but it feels the dual LED is much better.

installation is very easy, took me under one hour for headlight only. I also replaced standard grill to star grill, so I remove the front bumper, but you do not need to remove the whole bumper. I found only need to take out the top 3 screws, and 2 screws under the fenders.

some tips: when installing the headlight, make sure this little plastic align!

it fits perfectly!!! when starting the engine, the DRL will flash from blue to pure white!!!! see video below

the star grill is so hard to be installed, took me another two hours, but it looks great!!!!

here are some videos:

no error code!!!!!!!Wonderful!!!!!

low beam at night! found out that it needs to adjust driver side!!BTW, the headlight is manually adjustable for height and width!! search on youtube, not hard!! but it was hard to find a flat surface around my area.

high beam

I love it !! it looks so much better !!! I have to say the quality is very good, perfect fit, no gap, no misalignment! very well made!!! here are some detail photos

The following 7 users liked this post by paulatl:
AChan123 (05-28-2018), aydreeun (06-29-2018), Charlie Horse (12-19-2018), MBCA (09-19-2018), sixmarch (10-19-2019), t0lkman (06-29-2018), XPS (06-01-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2018, 11:19 PM

C300
BTW, some people asked me the product link, the vendor just created one on ebay! here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/282982968277

the Vendor told me if he can sell more than 10 to MBworld members, he will give me a pair of the LED tail lamp. So please, when you purchase the headlight, please leave a note to the vendor " PaulATL MBWORLD”. thank you so much!!!!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:32 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
C220D W205 Estate
Hi Paul

It looks very nice and an upgrade I would like.
However the price seems rather high.
I know it is the only solution to upgrade from halogen, but a set of led headlights on eBay i much cheaper. I know these will not work, but compared... 😉
Old 05-28-2018, 11:01 AM

C300
Originally Posted by TorbenK
Hi Paul

It looks very nice and an upgrade I would like.
However the price seems rather high.
I know it is the only solution to upgrade from halogen, but a set of led headlights on eBay i much cheaper. I know these will not work, but compared... 😉
I agree, it is not cheap. but you pay for the quality. I really like the new dual LED headlights.

However, I am the first one eat the crab. the vendor gave this one for free. I only need to create some posts, shared some videos.

if you want to upgrade, you may ask the vendor through ebay. He may still interest in giving away few headlights in exchange for reviews. or at least, he may offer some discounts.
The following users liked this post:
dagger22 (06-02-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 10:54 PM

C300
seems no one like my post...feel bad~~
Old 06-01-2018, 12:21 AM
XPS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Golf
Originally Posted by paulatl
seems no one like my post...feel bad~~
Please don't feel bad! I am very impressed with your work. Job well done and its phenomenal. It's people like you who I adore and can't thank enough to show us pictures and the set up for everyone to see!
People will see your work.

Much appreciated
Old 06-01-2018, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
after all is said and done, this is the cheapest upgrade solution for c300 halogen users. if I had a c300 this would be the route id take.

If you have a c43/c450, it can be cheaper to do an oem upgrade but it is more challenging.

you can tell these are aftermarket by the way the blue led welcome light comes on as well as ILS you dont have control of high beam, but it is still a nice upgrade and light output looks great.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:00 AM

C300
Originally Posted by XPS
Please don't feel bad! I am very impressed with your work. Job well done and its phenomenal. It's people like you who I adore and can't thank enough to show us pictures and the set up for everyone to see!
People will see your work.

Much appreciated
Thank you!! I really spent tons of time on searching the upgraded headlight!!
Old 06-03-2018, 11:04 AM

C300
Originally Posted by Star4life
after all is said and done, this is the cheapest upgrade solution for c300 halogen users. if I had a c300 this would be the route id take.

If you have a c43/c450, it can be cheaper to do an oem upgrade but it is more challenging.

you can tell these are aftermarket by the way the blue led welcome light comes on as well as ILS you dont have control of high beam, but it is still a nice upgrade and light output looks great.

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!! it looks great!!! I like it so much!! it is not cheap, but the quality is very good! the light color is pure white! the bright and color are exactly same as my QX 80 OEM LED headlight!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:47 PM
XPS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Golf
It's too bad the vendor doesn't ship to Canada though
Old 06-03-2018, 12:50 PM

C300
Originally Posted by XPS
It's too bad the vendor doesn't ship to Canada though
the seller and I are in the same town, that is why he asked me to write this review, you may want to ask him directly. it should be no problem at all. you may pay an extra charge .
Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300
It would be nice if you had more detailed pics or even better a video of the install. For such a high cost it would certainly might help with some who might be on the fence...
Old 06-03-2018, 10:44 PM

C300
Originally Posted by louisf
It would be nice if you had more detailed pics or even better a video of the install. For such a high cost it would certainly might help with some who might be on the fence...
I planned to create an instruction but realized it is a way too simple to do!! only need to take out three screws. you may not need to remove the bumper. even if remove the bumper, there are only just a few more screws.

super simple!~ but if you need any help. I can create a short instruction. there is no wiring needed, so I really think everyone can do it within an hour or maybe just half hour.!
Old 06-07-2018, 10:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W205 C300
Can you do a night drive? How long do these last?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:59 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Jackforl
Can you do a night drive? How long do these last?
Hi Jack, I did drive my C300 at night for several times, it works very good, much better than my stock halogen!! wow!! love it !

what do you mean how long does these last?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:14 PM

W205 C300
Hi Jack, I did drive my C300 at night for several times, it works very good, much better than my stock halogen!! wow!! love it !

what do you mean how long does these last?
thinking about purchasing. Any predictions as to how long they’ll last until replacing?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:17 PM

C300

thinking about purchasing. Any predictions as to how long they’ll last until replacing?
it should last very very long! from what I can see that they used very good and large radiators, so there should be no overheating problem. heating is the only concern for LED system. as long as there is no overheating, it should last longer than the lifespan of your W205.

I am very happy with the headlight! they look so much better than halogen!
Old 06-07-2018, 11:41 PM

C300

BTW, I did take out one LED control module out to check the quality before installing this headlight set, I found there are few more radiators insides for the LEDs. here is the photo of the inside of headlight, you may not see very clearly, and I think the quality is very good!
Old 06-10-2018, 12:50 PM

W205 C300

BTW, I did take out one LED control module out to check the quality before installing this headlight set, I found there are few more radiators insides for the LEDs. here is the photo of the inside of headlight, you may not see very clearly, and I think the quality is very good!
Hey Paulatl, do the headlights utilize both projectors at night or is it just one for high beam and one for low beam? Mind taking a picture of the headlights at night with just the low beams on?
Old 06-10-2018, 01:02 PM

C300

Hey Paulatl, do the headlights utilize both projectors at night or is it just one for high beam and one for low beam? Mind taking a picture of the headlights at night with just the low beams on?
Hi, the headlights use one for low beam and one for high beam. you may refer my night photos above, they were taken before level adjustment. I may be able to take few more for you tonight, how about a short video? I do not have OEM dual LED W205 to compare the bright, but they are much brighter than the halogen. the distance is very good, very sharp light pattern.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:54 PM

C250 2016
W205

Hello guys
i was wondering if i will be able to change the headlights and tail lights
from these to the newer ones.
Thanks
Old 06-10-2018, 07:58 PM

W205 C300
Hi, the headlights use one for low beam and one for high beam. you may refer my night photos above, they were taken before level adjustment. I may be able to take few more for you tonight, how about a short video? I do not have OEM dual LED W205 to compare the bright, but they are much brighter than the halogen. the distance is very good, very sharp light pattern.
That would be great
Old 06-10-2018, 08:39 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Nour Wazzan
Hello guys
i was wondering if i will be able to change the headlights and tail lights
from these to the newer ones.
Thanks
Not this one. the headlight I installed is for the W205 with halogen headlight only. You have to buy something else. I know there is an aftermarket headlight for the static headlight, but I will not support ILS. If you want the ILS, you have to buy the OEM headlight plus several sensors and control units, will be very very expensive.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:07 AM

C250 2016
Not this one. the headlight I installed is for the W205 with halogen headlight only. You have to buy something else. I know there is an aftermarket headlight for the static headlight, but I will not support ILS. If you want the ILS, you have to buy the OEM headlight plus several sensors and control units, will be very very expensive.
Thanks for the reply..
i meant the 2019 w205 headlights and tail lights
Do they fit on this model ? (2016) please tell me if you have any idea

Last edited by Nour Wazzan; 06-11-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:40 AM

W205 C300
Originally Posted by Nour Wazzan

Thanks for the reply..
i meant the 2019 w205 headlights and tail lights
Do they fit on this model ? (2016) please tell me if you have any idea
The 2019 models aren’t even on the road yet, let alone have aftermarket parts for the older cars. Wait a year or two.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W205 Halogen to Dual LED, Plug & Play Project Done