C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Retrofit W205 Plug & Play C-Class Dual LED Headlight for Halogen Model -Otto Auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 W205
Will they work for my 2014 w205 C180. please see the car below:

Old 10-05-2018, 08:05 AM

17 W205
Degree of install difficulty?

How difficult is the install. Truly plug n play. Any installation tips for a novice. Thanks in advance ready to purchase. Halogens look and perform horribly.

After[/QUOTE]
Old 10-05-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300
Very easy to do. That is my car in your post. Yes, they are plug and play. If you are not going to take the bumper completely off, then I would recommend having another person to help hold it out of the way when you are installing the new lights. Also make sure you tape off the area where the lights go in so you don't starch the lights or your car. The new lights have a heat sink module on the bottom that the halogens do not, so it was a little tuff getting them in place. Once in place make sure they fit snug in all the curves of the fender before tightening the mounting screws. Well worth the effort when you step back and see how much your front end has changed. For me the LEDs are 100% brighter than the halogens. Everything is crisp and clear at night. Street signs really stand out now.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:19 PM

17 W205
Originally Posted by Navychief8
Very easy to do. That is my car in your post. Yes, they are plug and play. If you are not going to take the bumper completely off, then I would recommend having another person to help hold it out of the way when you are installing the new lights. Also make sure you tape off the area where the lights go in so you don't starch the lights or your car. The new lights have a heat sink module on the bottom that the halogens do not, so it was a little tuff getting them in place. Once in place make sure they fit snug in all the curves of the fender before tightening the mounting screws. Well worth the effort when you step back and see how much your front end has changed. For me the LEDs are 100% brighter than the halogens. Everything is crisp and clear at night. Street signs really stand out now.
Thanks so much for your vote of confidence in the product and installation I appreciate your time. I’m going to pull the trigger on them.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 AM

mercedes glc
[QUOTE=Otto Auto;7558113]We do, but not the coupe[/QU

Hi, I need the plug and play headlight for GLC. Kindly provide me with the details
Old 01-17-2019, 12:11 AM

W205 C300
Angry Headlights stopped working after 4 months

For the first 4 months I had this product it worked great. It was a really nice light which provided a stock LED look. The blue LED turn on strip was a nice touch. I also had an error code but I was told to ignore it by the seller and I did because the lights were working fine. Wish I didn't listen to the seller on that claim.

After 4 months of buying the product it was broken. The LED strip and turn indicator stopped working. I sent it back for repair. It was returned broken.

It was nice was it lasted. But I was always skeptical of the durability.

Regret buying this...the halogen bulb don't seem so bad now.

See attached pictures. In the dark one, the strip is slightly illuminated by the main light.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by rippedoffbyOTTO
For the first 4 months I had this product it worked great. It was a really nice light which provided a stock LED look. The blue LED turn on strip was a nice touch. I also had an error code but I was told to ignore it by the seller and I did because the lights were working fine. Wish I didn't listen to the seller on that claim.

After 4 months of buying the product it was broken. The LED strip and turn indicator stopped working. I sent it back for repair. It was returned broken.

It was nice was it lasted. But I was always skeptical of the durability.

Regret buying this...the halogen bulb don't seem so bad now.

See attached pictures. In the dark one, the strip is slightly illuminated by the main light.

My friend in Otto Auto asks me to post a reply, so I just copy my reply in another post.

I spoke with the Otto Auto. Oh man, you are not cool. You tried to abuse the PayPal Buyer protection system and get all your money back but keep the product for free. This is unfair to Otto Auto. I mean you filed a claim and state the ITEM not AS Described after 5 months, are you kidding? this is not cool at all.

I know you are pissed off because PayPal denied your claim... my friends in Otto Auto is not happy with what you did to them... They repaired and tested the headlight before shipping back... the headlight was "damaged" during the shipping, but you never sent them a photo to show the damage.

the shipping came with $600 insurance . if the headlight was damaged by USPS, you can simply file a insurance claim.

At this point, my friend told me that he is still willing to honor the warranty and still repair the headlight for free. please email them at ottoautollc@gmail.com. I think you want to say sorry first.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205
Talking W205 (C300 Halogen to LED Retrofit) Jan. 2019

If you're like me, you're here because the halogen on your W205 just wasn't cutting it.
I started my research in December, and was almost going to go with an HID conversation (Glad I didn't).
I found Otto Auto on MB World and starting talking to Lan ****, one of their representatives.

Honestly, $1,600.00 is a high ticket price, and I had to get over the price. What really did it for me is I called the dealer to have my halogens replaced due to condensation; the dealer quoted me $1,700.00. I figured LED's and the upgrade was well worth it.

I purchased these exact headlights in December, received them in January, and installed them in my garage in about 3 hours. After applying the grease to the adjust controls, it's rained very heavy the past few days. I haven't received any condensation, lighting shortage/malfunctions, error codes, or visibility issues.

These are honestly amazing, and worth every penny.

If you have any doubts, or need help installing, just reach out to me. I'm more than willing to help.

Last edited by AKaldas; 02-20-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:23 AM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
is it possible to adjust the aim higher on LED adaptive highbeam headlights?
i have a 2016 C450, when compared to the 2019 C300 loaner, the 2019 C300 shine much far-er ahead than my C450.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205
Netboy,
There are two adjusters on each headlight.
  • You can adjust so the beam so it projects further (higher)
  • You can adjust so the beam they more focused to the middle of the lane or outside of the lane.
I have mine adjusted to mid height, and centered in the lane. Basically lighting up the full road ahead of me.

Last edited by AKaldas; 02-21-2019 at 01:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
netboy (02-20-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 03:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W238
is it just me or when i use my turn signals the DRL turn off
Old 02-25-2019, 10:46 AM

C300
I think it is same for all cars. it is a safety feature and more likely required by law.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:00 AM

c300 (w205)
Otto,

Do you have any specials coming up for these headlights? I want to purchase a set for my 2015 w205 (c300) but $2,500++ is too steep of a price for me to purchase. Are you going to be offering the $1,599 special anytime soon? Please let me know.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by MidnightDrive
Otto,

Do you have any specials coming up for these headlights? I want to purchase a set for my 2015 w205 (c300) but $2,500++ is too steep of a price for me to purchase. Are you going to be offering the $1,599 special anytime soon? Please let me know.
Maybe we could get together a group buy and see if otto would be on board? I as well am interested in purchasing a pair
Old 03-07-2019, 11:33 AM

2015 C 300
Originally Posted by Csandoval1988
Maybe we could get together a group buy and see if otto would be on board? I as well am interested in purchasing a pair
I am trying to buy some today as well and could really go for a group price
Old 03-11-2019, 01:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W238
I've had these plug & play headlights for more than a month and they've been functioning extremely smoothly. No problems whatsoever.
Though these headlights are at a high price point for some, it was worth it in my standpoint. After all, I can't say I didn't get a Mercedes to not flex it to others.
Shoutout to Otto Auto for offering these high quality headlights!

Old 04-10-2019, 06:51 PM

CLASSE A W176
Talking CLASSE A W176

HI Otto Auto , Its possible for Mercedes Classe A W176 2013 but I have halogen and I would convert Led , and How much cost ? for shipping France .
Thanks You .
Old 04-11-2019, 04:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C300 base
Count me in for a group buy
Old 04-11-2019, 01:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C450
any headway on a group buy ?
Old 04-11-2019, 03:26 PM

C300
Me too!
Old 04-11-2019, 08:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
Goood luck getting ahold of Otto. I emailed him and he never replied back. Another member was awesome enough to reach out to me with a direct email for one of Otto's SA's but by that time I already bought a pair from another vendor at close to or below his discounted price. Check the forums or 'my posts' if you want to see who I got them from. I know that your going to ask me for the link but to be blunt I'm to lazy to search and don't have the time to figure out how to copy and past it into a post. Before you get *****ie at me I am giving you an avenue to the solution for your problem.
Mitch
The following users liked this post:
Chetw205 (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 08:16 PM

C300
Amazon Amazon
Old 04-19-2019, 09:55 PM

C300
the one you share is not LED headlight. It uses xenon instead of LED.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:20 AM

mercedes benz c300 2015
Awesome headlight replacement highly recommended

Originally Posted by Otto Auto

it is much much brighter than the standard halogen headlight. we did not do a direct comparison with OEM headlight, but it should be the similar brightness. if you W205 have automatic high beam, our headlight does support that. however, it does not support the AFS, which means the light will not turn when you make a turn.

you may want to check our other
members' posts and ask them.

here is one of them:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...onversion.html

Before old

After!!! With the new look!!
Old 06-16-2019, 08:22 PM

C300

Before

After
Hello,

Just sharing my review of my purchase, for those who have seen this thread and are on the fence.

I purchased these headlights in Aug 2018, and long story short, due to receiving some defective units, had them properly working in Feb 2019.

For more detail:
Like many of those in this thread, I regretted not paying for a better lighting package, as the factory halogens felt both too dim and less aesthetic. I relied a lot on internet research to get an idea of how to install the headlights myself, as it seemed doable according to other threads. Though it was challenging the first time, I eventually figured it out.

However, upon installing this pair of LED headlights, I noticed the headlight levels for each side were uneven. No problem, as there are knobs on the headlights for you to adjust manually so that they do become level. However, I soon realized my driver's side potentially had a defect, as the adjustment knob at some point did not raise the headlight level to an acceptable height. In fact, the highest the light would hit was maybe 1.5 ft off the ground if parked a few steps away from the wall. Obviously, this was a problem, and I reached out to Lan at Otto Auto to help with this.

After exchanging some details, Lan offered to send a replacement unit, but only once I had shipped them back the original unit. This was inconvenient, as it would have required me to reinstall my old halogen headlights (as I obviously could not drive with one headlight missing). Additionally, I had to ship internationally, as I was asked to send the headlight to the supplier in China. This required me to coordinate with a shipping company and pay for the shipping fee myself, with the understanding that I would be reimbursed by Otto Auto. Eventually the package was delivered in China, and subsequently the replacement unit sent to me. I excitedly installed the replacement, as it had been roughly a month of wait time since shipping out the faulty unit. To my horror and frustration, the new unit also had the exact same issue. Exasperated, I reached out again, and was met with some slight skepticism that I may have installed improperly. After sending photos of proof that the low beam projector was substantially lower than that for a proper unit, Otto Auto told me that I would have to wait as their supplier had not produced any additional units yet. Some more time passed by, and eventually I was informed that a replacement unit would be shipped to me. However, I was asked to put down a deposit, and also ship back the chip components of the headlight unit.

Finally in February, nearly 6 months after purchase, I had two properly leveled LED headlights. The headlights have been fine so far, and provide decent visibility and a nice aesthetic. The whole process was an ordeal, and I will recognize the fact that I may have just been unlucky. I appreciated that my contact at Otto Auto made sure to resolve this issue, as these headlights are a nontrivial amount of money. I recommend those who purchase these headlights check for any potential defects as soon as they get them, and ideally prior to installation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit W205 Plug & Play C-Class Dual LED Headlight for Halogen Model -Otto Auto