C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Retrofit W205 Plug & Play C-Class Dual LED Headlight for Halogen Model -Otto Auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C-Class SE
Does anyone know if these headlights will work on a LHD drive vehicle? And also if Otto ships to the UK as on the ebay listing it says they wont.

Last edited by Krongobo; 09-05-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C300
So like...whether or not you'd get a ticket is debatable. But these headlight replacements don't have the reflectors on the side that the American ones do...isn't that required? On the W205 models before 2015 the reflectors were actually on the body of the car, but starting with this W205 they put them in the headlights. I've read that EU and Asian folks doing this should be okay...but for those of us driving in North America I think you're supposed to have them. Can somebody clarify?

I want to buy these, but if they are illegal in America/Canada than I probably won't. I dont think I'd realistically get a ticket. But what if you got into an accident, then the insurance company starts asking why you don't have the mandatory side reflectors on your car for better visibility?

Old 10-12-2019, 07:47 AM

w205
Hi,

This week I received a package from Otto Auto with lamps.
At the very beginning I will write that I was a bit surprised that I had to pay customs duties and VAT, which amounted to an additional $ 450. I don't know how it is in your countries but it is like that in Poland. The duty is a few percent but VAT is 23%. Otto Auto gave the value of $ 200 but Fedex for the customs declaration for border services in my country asked me to confirm the transfer from Paypal.

Returning to the lamps, my mechanic installed them for me and I don't know what to think about it. That is why I am asking for information about yours. I will add that I have a w205 C400, European version from 2015. I had halogen lights at the front and back with one led bar.

How does it look like after installatiion the new lamps from Otto Auto:

1. The left / right parking light message pops up from time to time. I got information from Otto Auto that it sometimes happens and nothing can be done about it.

2. The led bar (DRL) do not light together with low beam and high beam. And this is the biggest surprise for me. DRLs only light on days by themselves and at night when the low beam lights up then the DRL lights are not on. On high beam it is the same. Actually DRL, for me the most beautiful element of the lamps, are lighting only with the engine on during the day.

3. The next thing is at night with the ignition on but with the engine off, e.g. at a petrol station, they are blinking blue and white all the time. It looks like they light up in blue for a few seconds, turn white for a few seconds, then go out, then turn blue again, and go out all the time.

Is this ok?

As for the lack of DRL when driving at night, Otto Auto wrote to me that these are legal conditions in my country, but I do not think so this position because other Mercedes W205 serial models and other models that I pass have DRLs on when driving at night.

So my question, especially to the owners of European versions which purchased from Otto Auto, the DRLs are on when driving on low / high beam and how the DRL behaves with the ignition on but the engine not turned on both day and night?

Thank you for all the answers, photos and videos. Because for now I'm a bit confused, I spent with additional fees $ 2250 and I'm not entirely satisfied.
Maybe the mechanic should change or reprogram something?

best regards
pulkownikt
Old 10-15-2019, 03:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
c300 2015
Originally Posted by pulkownikt
Hi,

This week I received a package from Otto Auto with lamps.
At the very beginning I will write that I was a bit surprised that I had to pay customs duties and VAT, which amounted to an additional $ 450. I don't know how it is in your countries but it is like that in Poland. The duty is a few percent but VAT is 23%. Otto Auto gave the value of $ 200 but Fedex for the customs declaration for border services in my country asked me to confirm the transfer from Paypal.

Returning to the lamps, my mechanic installed them for me and I don't know what to think about it. That is why I am asking for information about yours. I will add that I have a w205 C400, European version from 2015. I had halogen lights at the front and back with one led bar.

How does it look like after installatiion the new lamps from Otto Auto:

1. The left / right parking light message pops up from time to time. I got information from Otto Auto that it sometimes happens and nothing can be done about it.

2. The led bar (DRL) do not light together with low beam and high beam. And this is the biggest surprise for me. DRLs only light on days by themselves and at night when the low beam lights up then the DRL lights are not on. On high beam it is the same. Actually DRL, for me the most beautiful element of the lamps, are lighting only with the engine on during the day.

3. The next thing is at night with the ignition on but with the engine off, e.g. at a petrol station, they are blinking blue and white all the time. It looks like they light up in blue for a few seconds, turn white for a few seconds, then go out, then turn blue again, and go out all the time.

Is this ok?

As for the lack of DRL when driving at night, Otto Auto wrote to me that these are legal conditions in my country, but I do not think so this position because other Mercedes W205 serial models and other models that I pass have DRLs on when driving at night.

So my question, especially to the owners of European versions which purchased from Otto Auto, the DRLs are on when driving on low / high beam and how the DRL behaves with the ignition on but the engine not turned on both day and night?

Thank you for all the answers, photos and videos. Because for now I'm a bit confused, I spent with additional fees $ 2250 and I'm not entirely satisfied.
Maybe the mechanic should change or reprogram something?

best regards
pulkownikt
Damn well im getting DEPO lights so maybe they may be better
Old 10-15-2019, 03:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
c300 2015
Originally Posted by AkibaDeep
So like...whether or not you'd get a ticket is debatable. But these headlight replacements don't have the reflectors on the side that the American ones do...isn't that required? On the W205 models before 2015 the reflectors were actually on the body of the car, but starting with this W205 they put them in the headlights. I've read that EU and Asian folks doing this should be okay...but for those of us driving in North America I think you're supposed to have them. Can somebody clarify?

I want to buy these, but if they are illegal in America/Canada than I probably won't. I dont think I'd realistically get a ticket. But what if you got into an accident, then the insurance company starts asking why you don't have the mandatory side reflectors on your car for better visibility?

Hey don't think for one second you can just go around hitting cars just cause they don't have those amber side lights you can get away... insurance doesn't work that way

Last edited by decoto; 10-15-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
I too was one of those individuals that didn't select the ILS lighting package when I purchased my vehicle in 2015. That was a terrible mistake. The halogen headlights Mercedes provides in place of the led units are a complete eyesore. It was so bad that I rarely even took pictures of the front end of my vehicle. Nonetheless, after mulling over these for close to a year with some back and forth with Lan ****, I purchased a set. Honestly, they have lived up to all of the hype. The transformation, aesthetically to the front of my vehicle is trippy and makes the vehicle feel brand new. Everything works as advertised, with no error codes and no faults of any kind. The lights shipped within 2 days after paying the invoice and was received about 8 days later. I was so damn excited to install these things that I forgot to snap a quick 'before' photo so the one below is some random one I had on my phone from some time ago. I recommend these for anyone who made the same mistake as me and went with halogen.

The following 2 users liked this post by sixmarch:
Cilo C Class (11-08-2019), paulatl (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 12:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
C300
welcome to the family~
The following users liked this post:
sixmarch (12-20-2019)
Old 01-02-2020, 02:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
c300
Have you had any issues with this product yet? Looking to purchase, I'm just worried about any issues post installment because I am going to have them installed by somebody in an auto shop.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:51 AM

2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Lj Besong
Have you had any issues with this product yet? Looking to purchase, I'm just worried about any issues post installment because I am going to have them installed by somebody in an auto shop.
I've had no issues whatsoever since installation. I will say that before I installed the headlights, I removed all of the led modules and applied a coating of RTV silicone around each of them to protect from water damage.
Lj Besong (01-03-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
c300
Lightbulb 2017 C300 Upgrade Halogen to LED

The following 3 users liked this post by Lj Besong:
Cilo C Class (01-21-2020), Ron P Baker (01-21-2020), sixmarch (01-21-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 12:27 PM

2015 C300 Sport
That looks fantastic. Congrats!
Cilo C Class (01-21-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 06:44 AM

W205 C200
Originally Posted by Otto Auto
Retrofit W205 Plug & Play C-Class Dual LED Headlight for Halogen Model

Mercedes-Benz W205 Plug & Play C-Class Dual LED Headlight (Halogen Model) + Free 1 Year Warranty*

Special Price for MB Members: $ 1599 Plus Free Shipping

(U.S. domestic 48 states only, international buyer and non-domestic state, please contact us to get the shipping quote)

For Product Inquiry or Placing Oder, please contact us at ottoautollc@gmail.com

Our eBay product link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mercede...r/282982968277

Product Details: This listing is for a BRAND-NEW set of Facelift Style FULL LED Headlights with Dual Projectors, White LED Light Bar, and Yellow LED Turn Signal.

Fit For: 2015 + Mercedes-Benz W205 C Class 4 Doors Sedan & 5 Doors Wagon with Factory Non-Full LED Headlight Models (Halogen Headlight) to Upgrade.

Guarantee No Error Code, Pure Plug & Play, No Rewiring Needed

Product Detail Photos

Spoiler

Selected Customer Installation Photos
Spoiler

Product Video (Thanks to PaulATL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5VQlGKT0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUAREUPDPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R40AkPEJhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XviQ3mhoxM

To Replace OEM #

Left 205-820-27-61; Right 205-820-28-61;

Features:
  • Offering top of the line FACTORY LOOKING FULL LED HEADLIGHT with perfect fitment.
  • *All headlights come with the worry-free 6-month warranty and free 6-months extended warranty (1 Year Total) when register after installation, just email your before and after photos with last 5 digits of your VIN.
  • No Cheap looking: the headlights are made with the best brand LED bulbs (ETI for Low Beam and OSRAM for High Beam) and highest quality LED control module.
  • Unique Welcome Light: DRL light will flash to blue when unlocking the doors (only work during the night due to the factory setting)
  • World Famous Brand LED bulbs (for Low Beam and for High Beam) and Hight quality
  • Enhanced 3x radiators for ultra-long lasting
In the package:
  • 2x NEW full LED headlight (Left + Right)
  • No extra parts are required & No modifications are required
Additional Notes:

Although DIY is possible, PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION IS RECOMMENDED. NO instruction except the manufacturer's original ones if there is any. Please check the PHOTOS and read the DESCRIPTION prior to buy, what you see is what you get.

PAYMENT

We accept PAYPAL only at this moment for all transactions and MUST ship to PayPal’s listed address. Please contact ottoautollc@gmail.com for placing an order or send us a PM.

1.) We are required to ship to the address attached to your payment only.

2.) We will not be able to ship to an alternative address besides the original address shown on your PayPal payment detailed page.

3.) Please DO read and understand the policies/terms prior to buying to avoid any future discrepancy from occurring. Thank you for your cooperation!

SHIPPING

Please read and understand our complete policies/terms below or ask questions if you have concerns prior to buy.

1.) Any canceled, incomplete, refused or undeliverable packages are subjected to actual shipping cost, WE DO NOT CHARGE RESTOCKING FEE EXCEPT THE ACTUAL SHIPPING COST, TYPICALLY $50 TO $100

2.) NON-DOMESTIC and INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES: Shipping cost to HAWAII, ALASKA is NOT FREE. Additional shipping cost is required! Please contact us before placing the order to get the shipping quote, and we can reimburse up to $100 shipping fee, and Buyer is responsible for the shipping over $100. Buyer is responsible for all Brokerage Fees, Taxes & Duties - which may be charged upon delivery. Please contact your local shipping agent to determine your estimated taxes & duties.

3.) Shipping service fee is NOT refundable if the merchandise is shipped correctly as pictured and described. Please make sure you, as the buyer, understand this term prior to buying.

4.) We strive hard to ensure ALL of our packages arrive safely and intact by having three of our staffs inspecting the quality/condition of each order before ship, but accidents do happen.

5.) Signature Delivery is required for some orders, some items, and some areas and this is at seller's discretion.

6.) We DO NOT ship to any other alternative address besides the original address that is displayed in the Paypal payment detailed page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otto Auto, we only manufacture the high-quality products.
Hello, i‘m interested in buying one. is there still a possibility? I wrote an email already! nbuecherl@web.de please message me
Greetings from Germany

Old 08-01-2020, 12:19 AM

Mercedes C300
Product purchase request

hello there,

I have a 2016 c300 and planning to do the replacement. Can you please tell me how to place the order online?

regards,
Sandeep

Originally Posted by Otto Auto
Retrofit W205 Plug & Play C-Class Dual LED Headlight for Halogen Model

Mercedes-Benz W205 Plug & Play C-Class Dual LED Headlight (Halogen Model) + Free 1 Year Warranty*

Special Price for MB Members: $ 1599 Plus Free Shipping

(U.S. domestic 48 states only, international buyer and non-domestic state, please contact us to get the shipping quote)

For Product Inquiry or Placing Oder, please contact us at ottoautollc@gmail.com

Our eBay product link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mercede...r/282982968277

Product Details: This listing is for a BRAND-NEW set of Facelift Style FULL LED Headlights with Dual Projectors, White LED Light Bar, and Yellow LED Turn Signal.

Fit For: 2015 + Mercedes-Benz W205 C Class 4 Doors Sedan & 5 Doors Wagon with Factory Non-Full LED Headlight Models (Halogen Headlight) to Upgrade.

Guarantee No Error Code, Pure Plug & Play, No Rewiring Needed

Product Detail Photos

Spoiler

Selected Customer Installation Photos
Spoiler

Product Video (Thanks to PaulATL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5VQlGKT0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUAREUPDPc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R40AkPEJhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XviQ3mhoxM

To Replace OEM #

Left 205-820-27-61; Right 205-820-28-61;

Features:
  • Offering top of the line FACTORY LOOKING FULL LED HEADLIGHT with perfect fitment.
  • *All headlights come with the worry-free 6-month warranty and free 6-months extended warranty (1 Year Total) when register after installation, just email your before and after photos with last 5 digits of your VIN.
  • No Cheap looking: the headlights are made with the best brand LED bulbs (ETI for Low Beam and OSRAM for High Beam) and highest quality LED control module.
  • Unique Welcome Light: DRL light will flash to blue when unlocking the doors (only work during the night due to the factory setting)
  • World Famous Brand LED bulbs (for Low Beam and for High Beam) and Hight quality
  • Enhanced 3x radiators for ultra-long lasting
In the package:
  • 2x NEW full LED headlight (Left + Right)
  • No extra parts are required & No modifications are required
Additional Notes:

Although DIY is possible, PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION IS RECOMMENDED. NO instruction except the manufacturer's original ones if there is any. Please check the PHOTOS and read the DESCRIPTION prior to buy, what you see is what you get.

PAYMENT

We accept PAYPAL only at this moment for all transactions and MUST ship to PayPal’s listed address. Please contact ottoautollc@gmail.com for placing an order or send us a PM.

1.) We are required to ship to the address attached to your payment only.

2.) We will not be able to ship to an alternative address besides the original address shown on your PayPal payment detailed page.

3.) Please DO read and understand the policies/terms prior to buying to avoid any future discrepancy from occurring. Thank you for your cooperation!

SHIPPING

Please read and understand our complete policies/terms below or ask questions if you have concerns prior to buy.

1.) Any canceled, incomplete, refused or undeliverable packages are subjected to actual shipping cost, WE DO NOT CHARGE RESTOCKING FEE EXCEPT THE ACTUAL SHIPPING COST, TYPICALLY $50 TO $100

2.) NON-DOMESTIC and INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES: Shipping cost to HAWAII, ALASKA is NOT FREE. Additional shipping cost is required! Please contact us before placing the order to get the shipping quote, and we can reimburse up to $100 shipping fee, and Buyer is responsible for the shipping over $100. Buyer is responsible for all Brokerage Fees, Taxes & Duties - which may be charged upon delivery. Please contact your local shipping agent to determine your estimated taxes & duties.

3.) Shipping service fee is NOT refundable if the merchandise is shipped correctly as pictured and described. Please make sure you, as the buyer, understand this term prior to buying.

4.) We strive hard to ensure ALL of our packages arrive safely and intact by having three of our staffs inspecting the quality/condition of each order before ship, but accidents do happen.

5.) Signature Delivery is required for some orders, some items, and some areas and this is at seller's discretion.

6.) We DO NOT ship to any other alternative address besides the original address that is displayed in the Paypal payment detailed page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otto Auto, we only manufacture the high-quality products.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:20 PM

17 C300
Originally Posted by Sandip Tanwar
hello there,

I have a 2016 c300 and planning to do the replacement. Can you please tell me how to place the order online?

regards,
Sandeep

give me a message. I’ll sell you my Depo set that just came out last week.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:03 PM

MB W205 2016
Nice job my friend

Originally Posted by sixmarch
I too was one of those individuals that didn't select the ILS lighting package when I purchased my vehicle in 2015. That was a terrible mistake. The halogen headlights Mercedes provides in place of the led units are a complete eyesore. It was so bad that I rarely even took pictures of the front end of my vehicle. Nonetheless, after mulling over these for close to a year with some back and forth with Lan ****, I purchased a set. Honestly, they have lived up to all of the hype. The transformation, aesthetically to the front of my vehicle is trippy and makes the vehicle feel brand new. Everything works as advertised, with no error codes and no faults of any kind. The lights shipped within 2 days after paying the invoice and was received about 8 days later. I was so damn excited to install these things that I forgot to snap a quick 'before' photo so the one below is some random one I had on my phone from some time ago. I recommend these for anyone who made the same mistake as me and went with halogen.

Spoiler

Nice job my friend your car looks really shiny, but can you help with this?! I have bought the same headlights you had and installed them on my 2016 C300, everything is working great and properly but a msg popped up on my display telling me to check left parking light!! Did you have such a msg on your dash and if yes what did you do?? And if no do you know how to get rid of it?
thank you so much in advance
Old 09-06-2021, 08:11 PM

2015 C300 Sport
Thanks for the compliment. I do get that message randomly (maybe once every two or three months) and unfortunately, I haven't had it cleared. I just select "OK" and move on. It can be cleared but I'm not willing to pay for it because to me it's quite trivial.
Shadielnajdawi (09-07-2021)