C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo S80
Reliability

Hi, I'm currently looking to acquire either a C250d or a C300 Hybrid but I just saw on carbuyer that there seems to be a lot of reliability issues especially compared to BMW 3 series and Audi A4: http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/me.../owner-reviews
The reviews are scaring me a bit as I'm about to put £20K. Anyone here care to share their experience?
Cheers.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C300
The only issues that you will find are with the 2015. They have a wrist pin issue which apparently doesn't affect he engine but has an annoying rattle sound. I have had my 2017 c300 since November and the only issues I have had have been self inflicted.
ps if you are going to take the wing mirrors off to paint them be gentle as the clips break when twisted.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:09 AM

Volvo S80
I'm actually looking at a 2015 one as 2016 is above my budget. Can this wrist pin be replaced to get rid of the noise?
Old 08-05-2018, 09:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
The cars are reliable.The common issues you see posted here are just that and are repairable. The key is finding a dealer who acknowledges what the problems are if you present them, and then of course knows how to fix them. Yes the wrist pin repair has a very high success rate, in fact I've heard on none that are not acceptable. The good news on acquiring a 2015 is you can check the vin number for production to determine if in fact that car falls into the likelihood of having ill fitting wrist pins. Not all do since it was caught mid production. I have a 2015 and have had the repair done with beyond satisfaction-no noise and a way powerful smooth running engine showing no oil consumption at all with over 5500 miles since the repair. The front axles can also be defective- recall,easy fix. the door wind noise-hit and miss. I had one door doing it,fixed without issue. the door LEDs- fixed without issue. A rattle or two,fixed on my own with 3 dollars worth of foam and identifying the sources reading from this forum. Trans shifting hard or questionable-fluid change and dealer download to computer. Overall I really like the car. Good luck on your quest.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:31 AM

Volvo S80
Originally Posted by hogdad
The cars are reliable.The common issues you see posted here are just that and are repairable. The key is finding a dealer who acknowledges what the problems are if you present them, and then of course knows how to fix them. Yes the wrist pin repair has a very high success rate, in fact I've heard on none that are not acceptable. The good news on acquiring a 2015 is you can check the vin number for production to determine if in fact that car falls into the likelihood of having ill fitting wrist pins. Not all do since it was caught mid production. I have a 2015 and have had the repair done with beyond satisfaction-no noise and a way powerful smooth running engine showing no oil consumption at all with over 5500 miles since the repair. The front axles can also be defective- recall,easy fix. the door wind noise-hit and miss. I had one door doing it,fixed without issue. the door LEDs- fixed without issue. A rattle or two,fixed on my own with 3 dollars worth of foam and identifying the sources reading from this forum. Trans shifting hard or questionable-fluid change and dealer download to computer. Overall I really like the car. Good luck on your quest.
Thanks for your reply.
​​​

Last edited by Smokersky; 08-06-2018 at 02:36 PM.