C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

RIM SPLIT + WHEEL PKG = PEACE OF MIND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 AMG GLE 53 Coupe
RIM SPLIT + WHEEL PKG = PEACE OF MIND

Hello everyone, I wanted to share some pics I took of the damage the road caused to my rim on my C300 and thank god the wheel package took care of replacing it.​​​​​​

Last edited by Chef Ray; 09-23-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 C-class sedan
I live near San Francisco but once drove the Cross Bronx Expressway from JFK across the George Washington Bridge to NJ. I was glad I was driving a rental because the pot holes where large enough to devour the car. I'm glad your OK and didn't lose control with a catastrophic wheel failure like that. Did the safety features kick in to bring you to a safe stop? What did you hit?
Old 09-25-2018, 10:14 AM

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 AMG GLE 53 Coupe
Originally Posted by art1
I live near San Francisco but once drove the Cross Bronx Expressway from JFK across the George Washington Bridge to NJ. I was glad I was driving a rental because the pot holes where large enough to devour the car. I'm glad your OK and didn't lose control with a catastrophic wheel failure like that. Did the safety features kick in to bring you to a safe stop? What did you hit?

Actually, I was on the Cross Bronx Expressway and hit a grate. I almost lost control but was able to safely pull over to the shoulder. As far as safety features kicking in, not sure what would of kicked in but the MB road assistance worked flawlessly. I didn't realize that when I hit the button, it connected me directly to MB. They knew my exact location and it connected directly to MB from the car without the use of my cell phone. I uploaded the pic of the grate I went over that caused the damage to the wheel. I took a pic while driving a few days later with the wife's car.