C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Steering wheel with LED info screen and shift indicators?

Old 11-03-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camry 2.0, CLK320, SL350, SL63
Steering wheel with LED info screen and shift indicators?

Today I was searching if C63 got steering wheels with little LED screen and shift indicators like the ones found in Ferrari or BMW M performance cars. I don't think there is such thing for now from the original factory. Has anyone done such retrofit before or does anyone know who provides such service?

Then I ran into this:

https://www.realcarbontastic.com/mercedes-benz

So this company provides steering wheel customizations. They also have a product that reads vehicle info via ODB and have them displayed on a small LED which can be mounted on the steering wheel. Although not an OEM solution, still looks great and the functionality is exactly what I am looking for.

However, this company seems very new. Their website doesn’t even have address or phone contact. Their contact email is gmail which is a free webmail. Anyone heard of it? I am wondering if it is real and legit...

Last edited by a32amg; 11-03-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: remove weird tags
Old 11-03-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C300 W205, GLE300 W166
Looks pretty janky to me...
1st impressions from their website->directing to facebook to shop....looks pretty pathetic. It’s not hard to build a website, so any company that relies on facebook(selling luxury car products especially) appears to be low-quality. I wouldn’t put a generic-ish steering wheel in my ride...

....even the name of the company “carbontastic” sounds cheap. (I hope the company reads this and ups their game if they intend to be serious competitors)