C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

NON CPO, Warranty left, NON MB Dealer YAY or NAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350 MB Black on Black
NON CPO, Warranty left, NON MB Dealer YAY or NAY

Is it okay to purchase a non CPO if it has 2 years or more left in warranty? 2015 vs 2016
Would you buy a MB from a non MB dealership as long as it has no accidents with manufacturer warranty?
I think a non MB cant have a CPO...

I am asking all of these questions because some cars are 3k less.

Please advise.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
If there’s a few years left on the original warranty, then sure. But as others have mentioned, the 2015 have tons of issues, mine included, and I wouldn’t risk having these outside of warranty. Just watch out for non-Mercedes dealers and their fine prints. Many of them will say *must finance with dealer, and they’ll dump a 6% or higher APR on you with the stipulation that you can’t pay it all off immediately / will be charged the full 4-5 year interest if you pay the whole thing off within (let’s say) ) 6 months. Also make sure you get the history of the car; if the car has been used as part of a “fleet” or any commercial use ie. Uber, Lyft, etc. then the warranty is automatically void
Old 12-08-2018, 10:43 PM

E350 MB Black on Black
Thanks for the information on the fleets etc. I did not think about it. I have a 2015 but I didn't face any issues. The forum have warned me about 2015 pre-owned. Maybe it will be best to ride out and wait for the 2016 to drop a little more before I think about buying a preowned.... So far I had no issues on my 2015 lease.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:55 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2015 C400
I bought my used 2015 C400 from a Ford dealer and definitely saved some cash vs an MB CPO purchase at the time. Right before the factory warranty ran out, I bought the extended warranty from Jeff Jackson at Tafel Motors. I’m now covered for another 3 years. HTH. Good Luck!
Old 12-09-2018, 11:09 PM

E350 MB Black on Black
Originally Posted by Darrington
I bought my used 2015 C400 from a Ford dealer and definitely saved some cash vs an MB CPO purchase at the time. Right before the factory warranty ran out, I bought the extended warranty from Jeff Jackson at Tafel Motors. I’m now covered for another 3 years. HTH. Good Luck!
seend like Jeff is the man
Old 12-10-2018, 06:07 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2015 C400
Yep. Transaction was done in like 10 mins over the phone. I’ve since had my car at the dealer, warranty shows in their computer. All legit, all good!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:55 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
I got very lucky with my car because i bought the car from a non mb dealer but the car was previously a certified vehicle (i'm the 3rd owner) and i was able to contact another mb dealer to purchase the extended warranty, which i found from this forum (2 yrs extra/unlimited miles for like 2500 or something like that). and even when i bought the car from a non mb dealer, the dealer had no issues and didn't give me any issues taking care of any warranty issues, which was both front axles, and some update to get the parking brake set on automatically when the vehicle is put in park (2015 models didn't have that but 16s and up did), which they told me my certified extended warranty didn't cover so they said i had to pay for it so i agreed on paying for the update but when i got there to pick up the car, they somehow got it taken care of under the warranty. Other than those, the car has been bullet proof so i wouldn't really be afraid to buy it non cpo but c300 is a different story since some people had the wrist pin issues, which i believe the 16s didn't have any issues of. The only thing that broke on my car outside of factory warranty was the pano roof, which isn't under the cpo warranty. It wasn't closing past 80mph and according to the dealership, the track was broken or something and the cost to replace the track and the motor was over 3k so i ended up passing on it since i could just slow down and close it. I bought the car in april of 2017 with only 22k miles on it and as of today, the car has 80k miles on the car and the car is still running pretty strong. I do abuse my car from time to time and as you see, i've racked up a lot of miles on the car but she's been running pretty well. I do take good care of the car so if you do the same, i don't see why the car won't be reliable in general. I do mobil 1 0w-40 full synthetic oil change with the factory filter every 6-7k miles instead of 10k mb recommends and I got the transmission and the front and back diff oil replaced around 55k miles along with new spark plugs.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c400
Originally Posted by richysh
I got very lucky with my car because i bought the car from a non mb dealer but the car was previously a certified vehicle (i'm the 3rd owner) and i was able to contact another mb dealer to purchase the extended warranty, which i found from this forum (2 yrs extra/unlimited miles for like 2500 or something like that). and even when i bought the car from a non mb dealer, the dealer had no issues and didn't give me any issues taking care of any warranty issues, which was both front axles, and some update to get the parking brake set on automatically when the vehicle is put in park (2015 models didn't have that but 16s and up did), which they told me my certified extended warranty didn't cover so they said i had to pay for it so i agreed on paying for the update but when i got there to pick up the car, they somehow got it taken care of under the warranty. Other than those, the car has been bullet proof so i wouldn't really be afraid to buy it non cpo but c300 is a different story since some people had the wrist pin issues, which i believe the 16s didn't have any issues of. The only thing that broke on my car outside of factory warranty was the pano roof, which isn't under the cpo warranty. It wasn't closing past 80mph and according to the dealership, the track was broken or something and the cost to replace the track and the motor was over 3k so i ended up passing on it since i could just slow down and close it. I bought the car in april of 2017 with only 22k miles on it and as of today, the car has 80k miles on the car and the car is still running pretty strong. I do abuse my car from time to time and as you see, i've racked up a lot of miles on the car but she's been running pretty well. I do take good care of the car so if you do the same, i don't see why the car won't be reliable in general. I do mobil 1 0w-40 full synthetic oil change with the factory filter every 6-7k miles instead of 10k mb recommends and I got the transmission and the front and back diff oil replaced around 55k miles along with new spark plugs.
hey bro, I wanted to ask you about extended warranty, now before I go to MB, I have 4 months left on factory warranty. I purchased the car 3 months ago off someone private. the previous owner had originally bought it from Mercedes dealership with 20k km on it (demo car) would I be able to get extended warranty on it ie the 24 or 36 months?

Old 12-11-2018, 11:08 AM

E350 MB Black on Black
Do you plan on keeping it for 60 to months or more? I now Leasing was not a good option but you are free to drive as much as you like.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:31 PM

c400
Originally Posted by shang12
hey bro, I wanted to ask you about extended warranty, now before I go to MB, I have 4 months left on factory warranty. I purchased the car 3 months ago off someone private. the previous owner had originally bought it from Mercedes dealership with 20k km on it (demo car) would I be able to get extended warranty on it ie the 24 or 36 months?
you can always extend the warranty but the question is, did the previous owner buy it as a cop from the dealer? If he/she did, then chances are, you should be able to extend it just like I did.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:33 PM

c400
Originally Posted by nadz

Do you plan on keeping it for 60 to months or more? I now Leasing was not a good option but you are free to drive as much as you like.
nope. My plan for this car is trade it in around spring/summer of 2020 since I'll be over 120-130k miles. I drive 35-40k miles a year and I didn't want to put on more than 120-130k miles on the car. And I like getting new cars every 3 years or so. It would be the best for me to lease since I like to swap my cars every couple of years but I just can't due to the miles I put on them lol
Old 12-11-2018, 05:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c400
Angry

you can always extend the warranty but the question is, did the previous owner buy it as a cop from the dealer? If he/she did, then chances are, you should be able to extend it just like I did.
so I called the MB dealer where the guy originally bought it from and they said I cannot get the extended warranty since I bought it private. they still didn't tell me if he bought it CPO, I assume he would since it had 20k KM on when the last guy bought it....