C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

c400 airstruts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c400
Angry c400 airstruts

ive had my c400 at benz dealership 3 times now and they still cant figure out why one side of the car sits higher than the other. its always hit and miss, once its the rear right that's lower, then its the right left that gets lower, then its both left side that's higher than the 2 right side. they have calibrated it 5 times and tell me its fixed to take it home and when I get home park it on drive way and sure enough its slanted again. they have used the rommnie calibration on it and still no luck..

is this some slow air leakage somewhere ? anyone else having this issue? the car has only 44,000KM
Old 12-10-2018, 09:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
c400
is it always the right rear that gets lowered first? If so, maybe the rear right air strut is having an issue. I would just drop it off again and let them have it for a few days so they see it with their own eyes. then they might just replace that rear right strut and see where it leads or something along that line. let them take care of the headache and just enjoy the rental they give you in the mean time
Old 12-11-2018, 10:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c400
Originally Posted by richysh
is it always the right rear that gets lowered first? If so, maybe the rear right air strut is having an issue. I would just drop it off again and let them have it for a few days so they see it with their own eyes. then they might just replace that rear right strut and see where it leads or something along that line. let them take care of the headache and just enjoy the rental they give you in the mean time
its hard to say, one day after overnight, its sitting bit better on the one side and sight tilt and then when I drive it to work and park it then the sag is more on that side. its really hit and miss as to which side of the car slopes...like yesterday I noticed the left side was higher than the right side (left front and left rear being higher than right front and right rear)