C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Dang front squeaks!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 c300 4matic AMG
Dang front squeaks!!

Hey MB Experts, if I may - ask for some knowledge on what appears to be an issue that is not so uncommon.

Front passenger squeaks over every bump and even when your sitting parked and turning steering wheel left and right. Handles just fine while driving. I just can't take the squeaking.
2015 c 300 4matic with 55k on it. Has the typical sound of bad mattress. Its not loud yet but loud enough to drive me mad.

I've read through other posts with similar issues and here is what I've tried so far. Used silicone spray to hit the joints in suspension on front passenger side. Tried just soapy water, even some AT Reseal on boots in case it was a boot making the noise. There are times where it almost sounds like rubber making the noise.

The squeak noise sounds like its right on the inside of the passenger tire. Any suggestions as to what to look for 1st would be much appreciated. Any common failure points that I should start with, etc......
I started to use a grease needle to puncture the sealed up parts and re-grease them but thought better since I don't want to poke a bunch holes into things if I'm unsure...which will eventually lead to me replacing that part.

Sorry if I made this too long, trying to give as much info as I could. Thank you for any direction from all you MB experts!
Old 01-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 W205
Originally Posted by Scott120605
Hey MB Experts, if I may - ask for some knowledge on what appears to be an issue that is not so uncommon.

Front passenger squeaks over every bump and even when your sitting parked and turning steering wheel left and right. Handles just fine while driving. I just can't take the squeaking.
2015 c 300 4matic with 55k on it. Has the typical sound of bad mattress. Its not loud yet but loud enough to drive me mad.

I've read through other posts with similar issues and here is what I've tried so far. Used silicone spray to hit the joints in suspension on front passenger side. Tried just soapy water, even some AT Reseal on boots in case it was a boot making the noise. There are times where it almost sounds like rubber making the noise.

The squeak noise sounds like its right on the inside of the passenger tire. Any suggestions as to what to look for 1st would be much appreciated. Any common failure points that I should start with, etc......
I started to use a grease needle to puncture the sealed up parts and re-grease them but thought better since I don't want to poke a bunch holes into things if I'm unsure...which will eventually lead to me replacing that part.

Sorry if I made this too long, trying to give as much info as I could. Thank you for any direction from all you MB experts!
I have the same issue. Just started. I am not sure if it is the shock absorber, the power steering rack, or the anti roll bar.

It is the same front right side, same exact sound and symptoms. I have a video of it too. Just need the time and garage space to pull the front right wheel off and try identify the source
Old 01-11-2019, 11:21 PM

2015 W205
https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...ont-right.html
Old 01-11-2019, 11:22 PM

2015 W205

Sounds like the ball joint might be the issue
Old 01-12-2019, 08:12 AM

2015 c300 4matic AMG
Thanks Rusty for the input and link to the previous post. Let me know if you figure yours out before i do. Start narrowing these down 1 by 1.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:57 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by rustycruiser

Sounds like the ball joint might be the issue
Thanks Rusty - have an he exact same issue on the driver side and taking it in today...
Old 01-14-2019, 05:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
I had a squeak in the LF of my RWD C300, but it was only when loading/unloading the suspension, most noticeable when getting in/out of the car. LF strut replaced & squeak was gone.
Hope yours is a easy fix as well.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:24 PM

C400
Got back from the dealer and the AMG tech diagnosed it as, get this, worn paint on the inside of one of the front rims that is cavitating against the tire bead! Now that's some sleuthing

That has to be one of the most unusual things I've heard as a cause (but all other components and the rack were silent)...apparently it's an issue that happens more often with the G Class. Will be looking to see how much a rim repair is.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
That's definitely a new one. Cause?
Old 01-16-2019, 03:05 PM

Mercedes C300 4matic - Sport
Originally Posted by Scott120605

I had the same issue, ball joint on the spring link (lower control arm) was the problem, replaced it myself.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:10 PM

2015 W205
I guess I should have updated this sooner. The dealer replaced the lower control arm (205-330-58-01) to get rid of the squeak. Also performed an alignment after installing the new part. Squeaking gone
Old 06-14-2019, 02:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C300 Coupe AMG Sport Package
Originally Posted by DylanM
Got back from the dealer and the AMG tech diagnosed it as, get this, worn paint on the inside of one of the front rims that is cavitating against the tire bead! Now that's some sleuthing

That has to be one of the most unusual things I've heard as a cause (but all other components and the rack were silent)...apparently it's an issue that happens more often with the G Class. Will be looking to see how much a rim repair is.
Your dealership should have someone that comes weekly that does paint and wheel correction on new factory vehicles off of the truck that may be able to repair it for a good price. My dealership's guy gave me his card and said he could even come to my work and correct my wheel scrapes since he is only at the dealership on Fridays. $75-$125 per wheel.
The following users liked this post:
DylanM (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 03:47 PM

C400
Thanks Brittnie - that's exactly who they called in to fix it and also covered it under warranty (improperly seated bead from the factory). Surprisingly that was the cause of the squeak.
The following users liked this post:
Brittnie Jane (06-14-2019)