C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Recent Command firmware upgrade, some changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Recent Command firmware upgrade, some changes

I had a Bluetooth audio device which would successfully connect to "MB Bluetooth", but wouldn't play audio (any app) no matter what I tried. The command would just display "device is paused" and pressing the play button on menu did nothing. I could see that the mobile device was playing because the seconds counter was advancing. Just no audio.

So I took it to the dealer and they updated the command firmware on my 2015 C300.

When I got the car back I noticed theses changes:
  • The "Bluetooth Audio Devices" menu selection has been removed from under the "Options" menu.
  • Bluetooth audio now has "Playback Mode"selection under the "Options" menu.
  • The "Devices" menu selection (on the media screen) has now been changed to say "Connect Device" but it now takes you to the Bluetooth Audio Devices.
  • I've also noticed that my trunk subwoofer bass (impact) has been reduced slightly. (I will re-calibrate sensitivity later)
  • The center channel audio vocals seem a bit more pronounced than usual.
  • Mid-tones now sound like someone is singing into a tin can. (echo)
  • The command seems very slow to find Bluetooth devices when trying to pair. I now have to use "Connect via device" option to avoid waiting for a long time.
  • The top menu options have changed.
  • The "Activating Bluetooth Audio" background has changed.

**BTW, The firmware update didn't fix my issue with that device. All other devices work fine.

Old Firmware

New Firmware

Last edited by benzdude; 02-03-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Interesting, I may have to take mine in for the Command system. Have had it randomly reboot 6-7 times in the last 6 weeks. I, too, get the random pause from Bluetooth audio.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by JAMADOR
Interesting, I may have to take mine in for the Command system. Have had it randomly reboot 6-7 times in the last 6 weeks. I, too, get the random pause from Bluetooth audio.
I only had that issue with one phone. I now believe it is the phones bluetooth profile implementation that is faulty. I can see tidal playing (no audio) but the command screen says "device paused" and won't unpause.

Strange enough that same phone works flawlessly in a new 2018 c300. This is why i thought an update would help.

Now i need to debug my burmester audio sound quality issues from the update. I pulled the negative battery connecter for 1 minute last night to see if that would reset anything.

I will test drive later.