Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C Class (W205)
Automatic trunk closer retrofit on w205 >

Automatic trunk closer retrofit on w205

Notices
C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Automatic trunk closer retrofit on w205

Old 02-04-2019, 10:54 AM

mercedes c class w205 2016 LHD 220d saloon sport pack
Question Automatic trunk closer retrofit on w205

Hello guys, after purchasing my w205 last year I kept obsessing over the fact that the car was missing a automatic trunk closer feature,and so after lurking all over the internet (keep in mind that I am a handyman that does everything) I saw that alot of people were selling the parts necessary for this retrofit.
Now, after spending quite alot of time and money to actually get all the parts from different persons on ebay ,mind you that alot of money were lost on behalf of
people not wanting to sell me specific parts (no one had all the parts).
So to the issue at hand, I am not able to locate a wiring loom as I initially thought would be available, so this makes this install very not so plug n' play...ish.
No worries, I sought ought to find a mercedes service manual... so the install could be once again finished by myself but the problem is after finding the said manual
again I found myself in despair as it was a bit difficult to understand, mainly the wiring diagrams and also what connects to what and where ...

After explaining my whole situation I ask the forum if anyone has attempted to retrofit an automatic trunk closer feature?If not I will continue to advance on my own, will be posting photos soon as I proceed
Old 02-11-2019, 10:55 AM

2017 C43 AMG
interesting. if you can share parts numbers and pictures. I would be glad to help with wiring coding as this will be necessary for you.