C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2019 Mercedes Me remote start failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C300
2019 Mercedes Me remote start failure

Hello all,
I have a 2019 C300 4 matic with the new Mercedes ME app which is a replacement to my 2016 C300 with the old mbrace app.
I am having issues with the remote start feature after parking the car for a while (typically overnight) and attempt to remote start, the app seems to just be loading forever and ultimately the car does not start.
As soon as I go open the door and key start the car, I get a notification in the app that the car could not be remote started because a door was open or however reason I interrupted the start.
If I start the car with a key and drive around a bit and then go again to remote start, it seems to work fine eg. drive to work and remote start to go to lunch. However when left for prolonged times, typically overnight, it wont.
I called Mercedes ME support and they had mentioned that this was a common problem and that the modem in the car seems to "fall asleep" and not receive the commands. The suggested I try to lock/unlock the car then issue a remote start command which also doesn't seem to fix the problem and even so would be a HUGE inconvenience.
The reviews on the Apple store for the app make it seem like this is a common problem across most new Mercedes cars.

Has anyone found a solution for this since Mercedes has not been helpful? My car has already been in the shop for them to "look into this" and Ive placed several calls to Mercedes me support with no success.

FYI my wife has a 2017 CLA which uses the old Mbrace app and works great every time.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 C300
I have a 2016 C300 and the remote start only works 30% of the time. 1/2 the time I can't even log into the app to even try a remote start. When I do get into the app I get 504 Gateway Could Not be Reached errors. The chance of the remote start working seems to drop with the temperature.
I think the whole service on the server side is pretty unstable. I've complained but it hasn't gotten me anywhere. They tell me to bring the car into the dealer. I ask Me what should I tell the dealer? What should they do to fix this issue? The Me people don't know what to do.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:14 PM

2019 C300
I had no issues at all with my 2016 C300 or my 2017 CLA250
They say on the newer cars its the modem timing out. I do live in NY and its been cold here but I don't know how that could make the service work intermittently
Is there a hidden data menu/ engineering menu we can access and make adjustments to the modem settings? Just a thought
Old 02-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
My 2016 300 4matic has same issues...worked perfectly until about 2 weeks ago. Now sometimes it works other times it]s the wheel on the bus going round and round. Then I get an email from "me" saying that they seen I was having issues with the remote start and apologized saying that they are working to correct this. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:45 AM

2019 C300
My work around so far has been to use the key to lock and unlock in the early morning (like when i am walking my dog) and then use the remote start later when ready to leave. That has seamed to work to "wake up " the car for the day.
I have been working with Mercedes me customer support and they said they are looking into this for me (its been about a month so far) and will update the post if a solution is found.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C class coupe
Same issue 2019 c coupe

Originally Posted by Adam Shaban
Hello all,
I have a 2019 C300 4 matic with the new Mercedes ME app which is a replacement to my 2016 C300 with the old mbrace app.
I am having issues with the remote start feature after parking the car for a while (typically overnight) and attempt to remote start, the app seems to just be loading forever and ultimately the car does not start.
As soon as I go open the door and key start the car, I get a notification in the app that the car could not be remote started because a door was open or however reason I interrupted the start.
If I start the car with a key and drive around a bit and then go again to remote start, it seems to work fine eg. drive to work and remote start to go to lunch. However when left for prolonged times, typically overnight, it wont.
I called Mercedes ME support and they had mentioned that this was a common problem and that the modem in the car seems to "fall asleep" and not receive the commands. The suggested I try to lock/unlock the car then issue a remote start command which also doesn't seem to fix the problem and even so would be a HUGE inconvenience.
The reviews on the Apple store for the app make it seem like this is a common problem across most new Mercedes cars.

Has anyone found a solution for this since Mercedes has not been helpful? My car has already been in the shop for them to "look into this" and Ive placed several calls to Mercedes me support with no success.

FYI my wife has a 2017 CLA which uses the old Mbrace app and works great every time.
I have had the same issue with my 2019 MY C coupe. Sometimes app works, sometimes it doesn't. I've tried a couple different times during both hot and cold days. When it works, it's nice. Biggest draw back is that the car turns off when you open the door. But yeah haven't found a fix. I keep my app updated. That's it. If you get a fix let us know.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:27 PM

2019 C300
This is the reply I got from Merc today

Thank you for contacting Mercedes me Connect. I received an update on your case. The app developers have identified the issue with remote start capabilities, and they are working on a solution for this issue. The exact resolution date has not been disclosed to me, but I will continuously keep you updated regarding this matter. I apologize for the inconveniences the instability of the remote start feature has caused you. If you would like phone updates, please let me know a good time to contact you, or you can always phone in and reference your case number.

So looks like I am getting this taken care of for everyone lol
The following users liked this post:
Captfx (02-25-2019)
Old 01-11-2022, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E300 4MATIC
Adam, were they able to fix your issue with the remote starter? My father has been having the same issue, has brought it back to dealer and the issue is still not resolved.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,876 Posts
PFL205.064
Originally Posted by kellbella1214
Adam, were they able to fix your issue with the remote starter? My father has been having the same issue, has brought it back to dealer and the issue is still not resolved.
What kind of errors have you been getting from the app, afaik Mercedes Me is glitchy at times, you could also ask the dealership to deauthorize the vehicle from your Mercedes Me account and setting it up again (or you can even do that yourself in some circumstances).

Since OP's issue was back in 2019, I doubt after almost 3 years they still didn't fix that server side issue, I believe the issue you are facing is different.