C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w176
Originally Posted by Rami Mohsen

did the update , it went smooth , some new audio settings for the EQ , no much difference in layout but it feels a lot more faster.

It will erase your apps and settings and reset your tablet

went from version 1 to version 3
hello, can u send a firmware to me?
it is because my machine some problem.
thank you
Old 05-30-2020, 07:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes w205
Mix navigation off

I just realized yesterday that I switch off the setting: Mix navigation, whether I am using navigation and music, the music switches of when a navigation command is coming, like "in 300m turn left". I hear also a relay switching when that happens. This makes me think that it could be the setting where the front left speaker would be used. I am wondering if the front left speaker could be used together with the OEM radio.

does anybody have any experience with this?
Old 05-30-2020, 07:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C450 AMG
Can someone please share the latest update file, the WeTransfer link above expired.

Thank you
Old 06-07-2020, 07:14 PM

Mercedes w205
Firmware update system V3.32.191028

Hi there,
I just contacted merryway recently to check for a firmware update.
I was on version system 3.32.181220 and they provided me with the firmware listed above.

There are a few differences that I have noticed after using it for a few days:
- * button does not work anymore to go back to home screen. You just have to use the middle button on the touchpad.
- there is an additional option under the Android menu for the park lines, I assume for the aftermarket cameras.
- I haven't experienced any crash so far with Google maps after 1 hour driving or so, that was like that in the previous version. But I have not driven enough yet either.
- on the bad side, I have seen some instabilities that were not there present in the previous version. This one has to do with the display stop detecting all the hardware keys, so no way to go back, or out or to home screen. If I recall it properly I was able to go to OEM, but NAVI key didn't bring me to home either. The only solution was to power off the display. I noticed also that when this happens I hear the display clicking like what I mentioned in my previous post when the "mix navigation sounds" setting is off. However now I have this setting on all the time. I will do a reinstall but this time clearing also the sdcard, the local files, because I have a feeling that some settings from the previous version could interfere.
- once flashed the new firmware cleans all the installed applications, just keep it in mind if you want to give it a try.

I would appreciate it if anybody could share the previous firmware that way I could revert back if needed and I can upload it and share it in the same folder as this one.

Copy the file into a usb stick, root folder. Plug it. Go to system->version and click on system to update.
Firmware: V3.32.191028

​​​Here some pictures.

I hope you find it useful.

Last edited by fgarcor; 06-07-2020 at 07:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ItchyTasty (06-08-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 10:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Thanks for sharing. I applied the update but haven't really tried it out yet. I wonder what "lamplet brightness proportion" means, as well as "FL speaker volume." Also, they seem to be too dumb to correct the temperature reading. Even if you have it set to F, it will show the A/C or heat temp in C. Finally, the total mileage is still wrong when in miles. I suspect whatever formula they are using to go from km to miles doesn't go out to enough decimal places, and that's why it shows a lower mileage than I actually have.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:46 AM

Mercedes w205
FL Speaker volume means front left speaker volume. That's what I mentioned that some people report that even in OEM radio they can hear the navigation sounds on the front left speaker. What could be a nice feature of you want to navigate with Google and still use your
OEM radio.
The units I have them set in Celsius, I will check that will km total and AC next time. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:49 PM

Mercedes w205
@ItchyTasty what happened with your U0155 error?
Old 06-10-2020, 04:18 PM

Mercedes w205
I tested the firmware for a longer time and I still observe the issue with the lack of recognition of the hardware buttons. It seems to be related also to the mix navigation. The mix navigation behaves like it is off, but in the settings it is on. However it requires a toggle: off-on, to keep on working normally.

Additionally after some driving time, around 90 minutes, the display was lagging a little and it rebooted by itself.

So I would suggest not to use this version. But if somebody else tries this one it would be good to get done additional feedback.

On the other side I would appreciate if anybody may have the previous firmware and could share it with me. I am not at home and I am not sure whether I have the previous version.

Thanks!

Old 06-11-2020, 10:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by fgarcor
@ItchyTasty what happened with your U0155 error?
It turned out to be a slightly exposed wire from this install. I patched it with electrical tape and it hasn't happened since.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:09 AM

C-class 250d
Hello,

Do someone know what are the PIN that supply 12V to the screen on the white rear connector ?
Old 06-19-2020, 06:56 PM

Mercedes w205
Originally Posted by kief.com
Hello,

Do someone know what are the PIN that supply 12V to the screen on the white rear connector ?
I am interested in this one too. I remember when I bought it before installing it, I made a diagram of the quadlock pins and cross-checked with another 10.25" that I had before where I could power up, but I didn't have much success with this one.

Last edited by fgarcor; 06-19-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:48 AM

A_+-class w176
Plz hel

Hahaha , You are welcome @RUNSGR8 , I didn't get to test it a lot but it feels snappier , one thing I didn't try and you might be able to help with , after the update I installed a couple of apps , then I checked again for an update and it said a new version is available ( while the USB drive still connected ) not sure if this update is done using 2 steps ( highly doubt it ) or it's just stupid and don't really compare the builds and just say they sound a new version just because it's on the USB , if you can update 2 times in a row and compare it would be great
​​​​​​Plz help.
Can. You send me The software plz.
Im stuck.
My screen is like dead.
It says bc launcher not responding
Old 08-05-2020, 03:49 AM

A_+-class w176
Plz help

Hahaha , You are welcome @RUNSGR8 , I didn't get to test it a lot but it feels snappier , one thing I didn't try and you might be able to help with , after the update I installed a couple of apps , then I checked again for an update and it said a new version is available ( while the USB drive still connected ) not sure if this update is done using 2 steps ( highly doubt it ) or it's just stupid and don't really compare the builds and just say they sound a new version just because it's on the USB , if you can update 2 times in a row and compare it would be great
​​​​​​Plz help.
Im stuck.
My screen is like dead.
It says bc launcher not responding.. My email is bernard.e@hotmail.se

Many thanks
Old 08-06-2020, 12:10 PM

Mercedes w205
Originally Posted by Bernard Bernard
​​​​​​Plz help.
Im stuck.
My screen is like dead.
It says bc launcher not responding.. My email is bernard.e@hotmail.se

Many thanks
I think the links for the firmware download should still be working. Check in my posts. 6 posts or so above.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:47 AM

W205
MCU 4.1

Hello does anyone have the current MCU 4.1?
Old 08-22-2020, 04:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
V220
Originally Posted by Michael Hammer
Hello does anyone have the current MCU 4.1?

Here is the MCU and the Can file

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4fe...2195720/b34810
The following users liked this post:
Michael Hammer (08-25-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 03:19 AM

W205
Thanks alot !!! Do you still have the latest firmware?
Old 11-10-2020, 05:41 AM

ML350 BlueTech AMG-Line
Very helpful overall especially for the android systems in general.

I am looking to do the same on an ML and I was wondering if you could give me some insight to some questions I have.

My system will come with apple car play build in. My main hesitation has to do with the MIC, I want to be able to use the one build in in the car. As I think it will do a better job than the one build in the Android unit.

How did you manage to connect the phone to the Android system but also have it connected with the in car Bluetooth at the same time?
Old 05-07-2021, 09:21 PM

w218
hi guys..

i have benz w218 (cls350) 2012 with merryway android 10.25

i have two problem
1. AUX Noise
2. low Android verson ( can not support my navigation app)

bluetooth sound is clean.
so i tried this. bluetooth network benz <--> android <---> phone

set my android "BT" MODE
MB Bluetooth <---> Android BT Connected and clean sound success)

but!
my phone find 3 bluetooth but can not connect to Android.
my phone show (car) MB Bluetooth , Android BT (can not connect with phone) , MB-7022718 (can not connect)

so i think
"why no bluetooth option in android factory menu? "
if my merryway android 10.25 update. than my android bluetooth connect benz with phone ?

so~~ i googleing about merryway 10.25..
only this thread Benz C Class android 9.33" thread some information

i download files this thread

"full_c200_mrw_32-ota-user.smartpie.zip"
"MCU+Can.rar"

i dont know this files for my android 10.25

anyway my model number C200_mew_32
it's same model?
can i update this files?
my car is CLS350 -W218.. but this thread Bentz C Class (w205)
it's same merryway android system ? can i use this updates?

Please advice someone.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:00 PM

Mercedes Class A
BUT POSSIBILE INSTALL FROM USB IF THE MONITOR BLOCKED ON LOGO MERCEDES?

[QUOTE=fgarcor;8075892]Hi there,
I just contacted merryway recently to check for a firmware update.
I was on version system 3.32.181220 and they provided me with the firmware listed above.

There are a few differences that I have noticed after using it for a few days:
- * button does not work anymore to go back to home screen. You just have to use the middle button on the touchpad.
- there is an additional option under the Android menu for the park lines, I assume for the aftermarket cameras.
- I haven't experienced any crash so far with Google maps after 1 hour driving or so, that was like that in the previous version. But I have not driven enough yet either.
- on the bad side, I have seen some instabilities that were not there present in the previous version. This one has to do with the display stop detecting all the hardware keys, so no way to go back, or out or to home screen. If I recall it properly I was able to go to OEM, but NAVI key didn't bring me to home either. The only solution was to power off the display. I noticed also that when this happens I hear the display clicking like what I mentioned in my previous post when the "mix navigation sounds" setting is off. However now I have this setting on all the time. I will do a reinstall but this time clearing also the sdcard, the local files, because I have a feeling that some settings from the previous version could interfere.
- once flashed the new firmware cleans all the installed applications, just keep it in mind if you want to give it a try.

I would appreciate it if anybody could share the previous firmware that way I could revert back if needed and I can upload it and share it in the same folder as this one.

Copy the file into a usb stick, root folder. Plug it. Go to system->version and click on system to update.
Firmware: V3.32.191028

​​​Here some pictures.

​HELLO HAVE SOLUTION IF MONITOR BLOCK ON LOGO MERCEDES?
POSSIBILE INSTALLING FIRMWARE VIA USB ?
Old 11-18-2021, 03:59 AM
GLO

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
W205 C250BT & R320cdi-L V251 (sold c220 cdi Elegance)
Just a question around the installl.

I have fitted my aftermarket unit, and had issues clipping my airvents back in.

However now i dont get any air through the centre vents at all.

Any tips?

thanks
Old 11-23-2021, 04:27 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
na
Originally Posted by fgarcor

Can you tell me where you got your screen from? It looks like it's almost identical to the OEM screen that doesn't sit too high. The last I checked all aftermarket screens sat too high, so I didn't go ahead with the swap. Thanks