C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLA45
Sound quality solution.

I connect the tablet to my car through bt connection directly.
You can find the double bt mode on the hidden setting mode.
After changing to double bt mode and make the tablet bt is able to access by your car. And then find the tablet bt name of 'android bt' in the mercedes bt mode as like when you connect your phone to your car.
It is kinda weird cuz you should connect 2 different devices in a display.
I think the sound quality is exactly same as like the connection your phone to your car through bt.
But there is a problem. That is no sound of navigation.
Everything is fine and sounds well but only navigation has no sound.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C250
Originally Posted by kief.com
You're right lol.
It's way more simple :-)
Ok I did the testing and it turn out to be working and don't know if is better sound as I did the testing on sh#t speaker but will go ahead and order the parts need it and
And proceed future will reply in a week or 2 after i done it and did some test on them

https://we.tl/t-iMhhrLS8Vb

The following users liked this post:
Chrizlebaer (10-01-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 06:53 AM

C250
Originally Posted by Shawn Park
I connect the tablet to my car through bt connection directly.
You can find the double bt mode on the hidden setting mode.
After changing to double bt mode and make the tablet bt is able to access by your car. And then find the tablet bt name of 'android bt' in the mercedes bt mode as like when you connect your phone to your car.
It is kinda weird cuz you should connect 2 different devices in a display.
I think the sound quality is exactly same as like the connection your phone to your car through bt.
But there is a problem. That is no sound of navigation.
Everything is fine and sounds well but only navigation has no sound.
That's another good way but on mine it keep freezing for 2sec or so keep doing that do you know why? is there a solution

Video
https://we.tl/t-yM3MQSGKUG

Last edited by shan16; 09-29-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:04 AM

C-class 250d
And for my other question (see quote), is there anybody who knows secret or hidden menu ?

Hello everybody,

And I have an other question, I thought I will be able to configure lots of thing in this android screen because I thought it was the same interface as in the 10.25 but our 9.33 version seems to be more "closed". If you check the next video, someone explain how to change lots of funny things in a 10.25 screen like the available application in the main menu and their order but I don't figure how to do it with our screen. Do you guys knows some secret or hidden menu to do such things ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aecm...ature=youtu.be

Thanks again everybody :-)
Old 10-04-2019, 04:39 AM

C250
Audio sound fixed

So this is what I did I bought Aux activation for comand and spiced the wire from Android aux out to the main android screen harness that plugs into the comand system and voila all working and sound is back to oem standard

If you live in Melbourne then let me know I can tell you how to get this for aud$150

https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...lass-p96719007
Old 10-04-2019, 04:43 AM

C-class 250d
Originally Posted by shan16
So this is what I did I bought Aux activation for comand and spiced the wire from Android aux out to the main android screen harness that plugs into the comand system and voila all working and sound is back to oem standard

If you live in Melbourne then let me know I can tell you how to get this for aud$150

https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...lass-p96719007
Nice. Sadly I won't be able to do so beacause I only have Audio20 and burmester and this Aux activator only works with comand :-(
Old 10-04-2019, 05:20 AM

C250
Nice. Sadly I won't be able to do so beacause I only have Audio20 and burmester and this Aux activator only works with comand :-(
Then you need this

https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...-Kit-p88612874
Old 10-26-2019, 11:34 AM

C-class 250d
Hello everybody,
i have a big issue since today.
Black screen for the Android part. I’m only able to display the NTG system but if I press NAVI or TEL to go to the Android part. It only display a black screen.

Anyone knows how to reboot the display in this case ?
Old 10-26-2019, 11:36 AM

AMG GLA45
Hello everybody,
i have a big issue since today.
Black screen for the Android part. I’m only able to display the NTG system but if I press NAVI or TEL to go to the Android part. It only display a black screen.

Anyone knows how to reboot the display in this case ?
Just push your controller knob to go back to home.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:22 PM

C-class 250d
Originally Posted by Shawn Park
Just push your controller knob to go back to home.
it doesn’t do anything. I tried every button but the Android seems frère on black screen.

is there a way to reboot the screen with a button combinaison ?
Old 10-26-2019, 06:48 PM

C250
it doesn’t do anything. I tried every button but the Android seems frère on black screen.

is there a way to reboot the screen with a button combinaison ?
Don't they have reset hole on the left side??
Old 10-27-2019, 03:21 AM

C-class 250d
Originally Posted by shan16
Don't they have reset hole on the left side??
there is something that should be a reset hole just under the sim slot yes. But when I use a paper clip to try to reset using this hole, there doesn’t seems to have a button behind the hole :-(
Old 10-28-2019, 05:04 AM

C-class 250d
Still black screen, I haven't found any reset switch (even behind the small hole under the SIM slot).

I have also waited 24 hour without touching my car hoping that the screen reboot itself after 24 hour but it didn't...

I think I will have to open the dashboard ans unplug it for it to reboot.... :-/
Old 11-03-2019, 06:10 PM

C-class 250d
I completely unmount the display today and re-plug it 2 hours after and even if I got the AMG colored splash screen from the screen, I still have black screen for the Android part. NTG part is accessible...
Old 11-05-2019, 09:43 AM

W246
kief, did you maybe installed another launcher? e.g. Nova etc.?
Old 11-05-2019, 10:47 AM

C-class 250d
Originally Posted by calli.gell@fyii
kief, did you maybe installed another launcher? e.g. Nova etc.?
no, the only apk installed is for CarPlay. And I installed it one month ago.

the black screen appeared suddenly without any change made by me
Old 11-05-2019, 02:59 PM

W246
kief.com: what ntg version do you have > resolution? did you change any settings on the hidden menu (pressing five times on the system settings headline)?
did you make any changes in the developer menu? passcode is 666666 (bootlogo change , BT settings etc.?) What Version is your 9,33 aftermarket > system information?
did you make a factory reset in settings manually or a manual restart?

if carplay is running, maybe he couldn´t reinitialize it back, because the standard launcher must be the BC launcher.
try the settingsearch.apk to get the android settings an look in your appmanager for standard launcher

Last edited by calli.gell@fyii; 11-05-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:45 PM

C-class 250d
kief.com: what ntg version do you have > resolution? did you change any settings on the hidden menu (pressing five times on the system settings headline)?
did you make any changes in the developer menu? passcode is 666666 (bootlogo change , BT settings etc.?) What Version is your 9,33 aftermarket > system information?
did you make a factory reset in settings manually or a manual restart?

if carplay is running, maybe he couldn´t reinitialize it back, because the standard launcher must be the BC launcher.
try the settingsearch.apk to get the android settings an look in your appmanager for standard launcher
Thanks for your help. It’s great to have someone trying to help :-)

I have a c-class w205 with NTG 5 and audio 20.
Previously the screen works great and the resolution was correctly set but I didn’t remember the settings and I can’t check it as I can’t browse or see anything on the screen when I try to access what I can call Android part.

The only thing that can be displayed is NTG part when I press RADIO button on the dashboard for exemple or when I’m in reverse mode withe the original camera.
I didn’t change anything in the hidden menu nor in the développer menu. Everything is stock.

I currently can’t check the version as my screen didn’t display the Android part but I took photo previously.
Here are some I formation:
- type : MRW_BENZ_C
- app : 2.0.3.0424h
- system : V3.32.181220
- mcu : BENZ_v4.1_0330
- can : YT-BZM1 V105.CF,D5,42,N7,99A;00000
- product model : C200_MRW_32
- soft version : 1.0.3.0422

I didn’t try factory reset but I think I have reboot it one or two times within the menu.

Everything was working fine and one day, when I started my car -> black screen :-(

I didn’t mentioned one thing that could exclude to point CarPlay. When I’m on NTG (radio for exemple) on the left, there is the mercedes logo that previously goes to Android part when I clicked on it. Currently, the logo is there but clicking on it doesn’t do anything like if the touch screen didn’t respond :-(
Old 11-06-2019, 02:53 PM

W246
Please try to touch on this area/position on the screen (black or when ntg is displayed) after full boot. This field is displayed for choosing the home launchers like in pic 1.

If it won´t work, we can try to reset the device "blind" directly on the black screen, e.g. 5 wheel klicks to settings, enter, etc. etc. Therefore I´ve to look on my device first.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:57 PM

C-class 250d
Please try to touch on this area/position on the screen (black or when ntg is displayed) after full boot. This field is displayed for choosing the home launchers like in pic 1.

If it won´t work, we can try to reset the device "blind" directly on the black screen, e.g. 5 wheel klicks to settings, enter, etc. etc. Therefore I´ve to look on my device first.
thanks for your ideas.
i tried the bottom center spot on NTG and in black screen and nothing append :-(

maybe trying the blind reboot could be an idea but i will have to know exactly the number of click to do and i will have to be sure to start from home screen.

maybe clicking many times on the back button near the click wheel will make it sure to start from the home screen.

if you could take the time to count what and how many times i have to click :-)

thanks again
Old 11-07-2019, 07:39 AM

W246
okay, after reboot the Navigation Tab is highlighted
1. to got to settings:
8 clicks right > enter
2. to system settings
5 clicks right > enter
3. then minimum 9 cklicks to "reset device" (it doesn´t matter because it s the last option, so it always stops at the last setting in this menu)
4. one click left > enter or maybe one click right for Yes / No (dont know if there s another menu after that, dont want to try this =)

It should reboot.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:23 PM

C-class 250d
Hello,

thanks for your help. I tried this two times today but it didn’t do anything :-(

I will try again and take more time to try it tomorrow.
I will tell you if it works.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:33 AM

W246
Did it look for e.g. like this?
Old 11-10-2019, 05:09 PM

C-class 250d
Did it look for e.g. like this?
yes my screen looks like this except that I did not have the 3 buttons on the top center of your screenshot.

i try a few more times to blind reboot but it didn’t work :-(

i don’t know what to do :-( and my AliExpress seller doesn’t respond to me...
Old 11-11-2019, 03:06 PM

W246
sorry to hear that, i´m out of ideas. Last try: 13 clicks on point 3. The android bootscreen shows up, but the the screen stays black, it´s really a strange problem. The device has not a pin needle resetter? I actually thougt it has one, but this spot was not visible, so you have to remove the display to find it...but I´m really not sure...
Maybe is an adb reset possible with laptop (only if USB debugging enabled) or try to download an old firmware and try to install it. Wish you really good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket 9.33" Android Screen Install Guide + Photos