C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Command Not Reading Texts Outloud

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class W205
Question Command Not Reading Texts Outloud

Hi guys, new to the forum, so I apologize if this has been covered. My wife has a 2015 C Class 4 Matic with the "Multimedia package" and we are having an issue with the text message being read aloud. She has an iPhone 7 Plus and has successfully added her phone to the car and when a new text is received she gets the "beep" sound and can see the text message and the contents of the text appear on the screen. However, when she clicks the message for it to "read aloud" nothing happens.

Some of the troubleshooting we have done:
  1. Added my iPhone X and it worked fine.
  2. Took it to a Mercedes tech and he added his phone (not known what phone) and it worked.
  3. Performed a hard reset of the phone (held power and volume down button until apple logo appears).
  4. Turned the volume up on the car at the same time I added my phone and it did not work with the 7 Plus.

The tech noted that he has never seen this, nor has anything been noted on their internal forums, so my question is does anyone know of an issue with the iPhone 7 Plus and the compatibility with command in these cars?

Thanks in advance for any help on this, you will be making her day if you can resolve this!