C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

A/C Heat Issue? Please advise 2019 C300C Sport - Purchased just one month ago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 02:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C300 Coupe AMG Sport Package
A/C Heat Issue? Please advise 2019 C300C Sport - Purchased just one month ago

1/24...So, it's been pretty cold here in Louisiana and I've noticed that when I have the air set to let's say 80 (bc that's what I had it set to this morning) my vents blow hot and cold air out, not only that, it will switch up which vent(s) are blowing hot and cold air. It does this with a/c set to off and also on.
I will feel warm air then all of a sudden I get hit with cold air or one or two vents will start blowing cold air and one or two warm air.
Is this normal for this model and year or is something wrong?

1/31...I took it to the dealer, the tech stated that he felt the air doing as I explained. He ran a diagnostics test and it came back normal. He stated that everything was normal, it's just the car trying to balance the temperature, "The air system has a lot of flaps that open and close."
I just don't agree that this is normal, 80 should blow 80 consistently.
Also, he also stated, "Try changing the settings to just dash vents and not floor and dash or defrost and dash vents." I've tried all of that for one, two, I shouldn't have to do that not run my defrost to keep the heat consistent.

2/25...Just a little update, I will be taking my car in for service this Wednesday. A few days ago I tried to use the heat and it was cold, no matter what I did it would only blow cold/cool air. It was not very cold out this particular day, however, I had been at work and was freezing from the a/c.
It really seems like the outside temperature is affecting the heat and cooling system. It's like, it's warm out you don't need heat today! Today it is chilly out and the heat is working fine as of this morning.

2/29...Brought the car in yesterday at 7:00am, they called me to come back at 1:00pm, they could not replicate the issue(s). I was yet again so aggravated that they could not find the issue. We got in it and I drove it around with my actual salesman and the a/c heat system immediately started malfunctioning, he was like, "Oh, okay, it's definitely not supposed to be doing this. Something is definitely wrong.

3/1..." We verified temperature difference. I verified this with two other C Class vehicles on our lot and they are all performing the same way regarding blend functions for mixing ac/heat. "-Service Advisor

Last edited by Brittnie Jane; 03-01-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 181 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Are you using "auto"? Mine doesn't behave the way you described. Of course I've never set mine to 80, which I would call BBQ mode
Old 03-01-2019, 03:57 PM

I've tried auto no avail. I've tried all different settings and variations. 80 is warm in my car on a cold day, I'm very sensitive to cold.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:53 AM

My salesman and I drove it and got it to replicate the issues, they are ordering a new control panel.
Also, now my passenger side window has decided to malfunction and stop working off and on. Ughh!