C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

When is enough enough?! Please advise!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 01:15 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C300 Coupe AMG Sport Package
When is enough enough?! Please advise!

I have a 2019 C300 Coupe AMG Package (yes, I am aware that this is the "sedan forum" however, it was advised to post here due to lack of owners in the coupe forum.)

I leased my vehicle brand new coming up on two months ago now, I just got my permanent tags. It has been in service at Mercedes Benz I believe 4 or 5 times now for various mechanical failures and two separate rattling/rubbing noises.

My question is, what are my options with the car being a lease? Do I ask Mercedes to replace the vehicle? Is that even an option? Do any lemon laws etc apply here?
Do I keep the car and hope for the best when I get it back this time?
Old 03-18-2019, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadillac ATS
My condolences, nothing more infuriating than getting a new vehicle and having to camp out in the service department.

Some info on Louisiana State Lemon Law:

REPURCHASE OF LEASED VEHICLE The Louisiana lemon law provides that a manufacturer repurchasing a leased motor vehicle under the lemon law must reimburse the lessee for all reasonable expenditures in connection with the lease, including any conditions of the lease in connection with early termination and related charges. The lessee is responsible for a reasonable allowance for the lessee’s use of the motor vehicle. The reasonable allowance for use is that amount directly attributable to use by the lessee prior to the first notice of the nonconformity to the manufacturer, agent or dealer, and during any subsequent period when the vehicle is not out of service by reason of repair.

PROBLEMS COVERED The lemon law covers any nonconformity, which is defined as any specific or generic defect or malfunction, or any defect or condition that substantially impairs the use and/or market value of a motor vehicle.

MANUFACTURER’S DUTY TO REPAIR A VEHICLE If a motor vehicle does not conform to an applicable express warranty, and the consumer reports the nonconformity to the manufacturer or an authorized dealer and makes the vehicle available for repair before the expiration of the warranty or during a period of one year following the date of the motor vehicle’s original delivery to a consumer, whichever is earlier, then the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer must make the necessary repairs to conform the motor vehicle to the warranty. The necessary repairs must be made even if the warranty or the one year period has expired.

MANUFACTURER’S DUTY TO REPURCHASE OR REPLACE A VEHICLE The manufacturer must repurchase or replace a motor vehicle (other than a motor home) if either of the following occurs: 1. The nonconformity is not repaired after four or more attempts within the warranty term or within one year of the vehicle’s original delivery to the consumer, whichever is earlier, or 2. The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for cumulative total of 90 or more calendar days during the warranty period. The manufacturer must replace or repurchase a motor home if it is unable to repair a nonconformity as provided in the provision creating the presumption for motor homes.

REASONABLE NUMBER OF REPAIR ATTEMPTS The manufacturer must repurchase or replace a motor vehicle (other than a motor home) if either of the following occurs: 1. The nonconformity is not repaired after four or more attempts within the warranty term or within one year of the vehicle’s original delivery to the consumer, whichever is earlier, or 2. The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for cumulative total of 90 or more calendar days during the warranty period. Note that the lemon law also provides for a presumption that a reasonable number of attempts has been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle (other than a motor home) to the applicable express warranties if, before the expiration of the warranty or during a period of one year following the date of the motor vehicle’s original delivery

https://www.bbb.org/us/Storage/16/Do...-LLsummary.pdf

Last edited by RonBaker; 03-18-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:51 PM

AC/Heat acting up, brought in two times-first time they ran a diagnostics test and claimed no issue, second time they claimed no issue and I had to go into detail with the mechanic that my salesman and I had just driven it and he experienced the issues, mechanic stated, "oh, no one told me it was doing all of that, I'll order a new control panel" it's in now for control panel install and meanwhile, while waiting on control panel to arrive passenger side window stops working, trunk kick to open doesn't work and there's a rattle in gauge cluster and a metallic/glass sounding rubbing noise near the windshield on passenger side, I have not been able to pin point where it is coming from. So 3rd time in. My speakers also rattle like crazy and they refuse to acknowledge it. They told me, "Don't play rap music"
Old 03-19-2019, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Brittnie Jane
AC/Heat acting up, brought in two times-first time they ran a diagnostics test and claimed no issue, second time they claimed no issue and I had to go into detail with the mechanic that my salesman and I had just driven it and he experienced the issues, mechanic stated, "oh, no one told me it was doing all of that, I'll order a new control panel" it's in now for control panel install and meanwhile, while waiting on control panel to arrive passenger side window stops working, trunk kick to open doesn't work and there's a rattle in gauge cluster and a metallic/glass sounding rubbing noise near the windshield on passenger side, I have not been able to pin point where it is coming from. So 3rd time in. My speakers also rattle like crazy and they refuse to acknowledge it. They told me, "Don't play rap music"
wow don't play rap music ....crazy! Sounds like you need to go to a new dealer and never look back!
Old 03-20-2019, 06:17 PM
CJG

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
In my experience that’s just a Mercedes. My W204 was in the shop six times in two years. And my 2016 W205 was in the shop within a week of purchase. Granted it was for rattles and a once per day break squeak in the morning. But, they replaced the brakes and the overhead control panel. So, it was worth it.
The key is finding a shop that actually addresses and resolves the issues. And also gives you a loaner.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:43 PM

Now my driver side window is rattling! Ya'lllllllll, $60,000 and this is what we get?! Come on Mercedes!!
Old 05-24-2019, 04:02 PM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
Right?! My navigation screen is now rattling. And I don’t think it’s loose. If you feel the back of it it’s crappy, thin plastic. It drives me nuts. This may be the last MB I purchase.

Trending Topics

Old 06-03-2019, 09:05 PM

I’ve had my car back for one day and the gauge cluster and passenger seat (sounds like the headrest) are still rattling away
Old 07-10-2019, 02:12 PM

Seat is rattling again! Something in the dash around the center control panel area is rattling off and on and my shift stick is rattling. I am so over driving a $60,000 car that sounds like junk!! I really do not think that I will purchase another Mercedes vehicle again and I've owned three!I am so sick of my brand new car staying in the shop!

And what would be the point in filing for lemon law when the dealership states that all new C300s have the same issues?!

Is this not grounds for a recall of all new C300s?

Old 07-10-2019, 02:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300
I'm really dissatisfied with my W205 as well. Poor quality control, cheap interior components, poor fitment and seating of said cheap interior components, and the list of annoyances goes on and on. My W203 never had a single rattle or issue that wasn't mechanical in nature. My W204 had very few annoyances, but my W205 is loaded with them. It's also nice that with each new generation they increase the base price at least $5k, but continue to allow quality to decline. This will probably be my last Mercedes and I really hate feeling that way. It's pretty sad that after owning three generations of C Classes I'm more impressed with the quality of my friend's Kia Optima, which I feel rivals my Mercedes in terms of quality and comfort.

Has anyone else ever noticed how the C Class has the most uncomfortable seats in the entire Mercedes line up? I'm driving a 2019 GLA loaner right now, completely basic/no options, and the seats feel like they have double the amount of padding in them. My C Class seats now feel like sitting on a plastic bucket compared to this GLA. That said, the GLA drives like crap, I have no idea how anyone would want to drive one every day.
The following users liked this post:
Brittnie Jane (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 07:04 PM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jlr82
I'm really dissatisfied with my W205 as well. Poor quality control, cheap interior components, poor fitment and seating of said cheap interior components, and the list of annoyances goes on and on. My W203 never had a single rattle or issue that wasn't mechanical in nature. My W204 had very few annoyances, but my W205 is loaded with them. It's also nice that with each new generation they increase the base price at least $5k, but continue to allow quality to decline. This will probably be my last Mercedes and I really hate feeling that way. It's pretty sad that after owning three generations of C Classes I'm more impressed with the quality of my friend's Kia Optima, which I feel rivals my Mercedes in terms of quality and comfort.

Has anyone else ever noticed how the C Class has the most uncomfortable seats in the entire Mercedes line up? I'm driving a 2019 GLA loaner right now, completely basic/no options, and the seats feel like they have double the amount of padding in them. My C Class seats now feel like sitting on a plastic bucket compared to this GLA. That said, the GLA drives like crap, I have no idea how anyone would want to drive one every day.
i love the seats! I just had a CLA loaner and took it back the first day. What a horrible car!I swapped for an E class and I still prefer the C class seats to those.

Back to tbe the original s subject, I took my car in over a week ago (maybe even ten days or more) for various rattles- display, sunroof controls, door panel, instrument panel, etc. I finally got it back today. I didn’t even get the paperwork as they said the work was so extensive they hadn’t finished totalling up the hours yet. They also found a leaky front differential apparently.

I really love my cars, but I don’t know that I can buy another in the future. The detail quality just isn’t there anymore. This really bums me out. I don’t want a BMW, but I may go check them out when the time comes.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C205 C43 AMG
I find all the critism I read of the W205 to be quite surprising. I'm on my second, I had a C250 Estate for two years and now drive a C43 Coupe. I never experianced a single rattle or squeak. Both cars have behaved flawlessly (except for an engine issue on the C250, which was covered under warranty). I had sport seats in the C250 and AMG bucket style seats in the current car, both extremely comfortable. In fact the C-Class has one numerous awards and rave reviews for the design and quality of the interior. Is it because the two W205 cars I've owned are German manufactured rather than US or South African? I do have a lot of experiance in other Mercs as well as other brands, My old W124 was the best built car I've ever owned, but the W205 is still really good.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by shteef
I find all the critism I read of the W205 to be quite surprising. I'm on my second, I had a C250 Estate for two years and now drive a C43 Coupe. I never experianced a single rattle or squeak. Both cars have behaved flawlessly (except for an engine issue on the C250, which was covered under warranty). I had sport seats in the C250 and AMG bucket style seats in the current car, both extremely comfortable. In fact the C-Class has one numerous awards and rave reviews for the design and quality of the interior. Is it because the two W205 cars I've owned are German manufactured rather than US or South African? I do have a lot of experiance in other Mercs as well as other brands, My old W124 was the best built car I've ever owned, but the W205 is still really good.
I wast told by my dealership that it's all most likely due to the hand crafting where as others are machine crafted...
Old 07-11-2019, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 268 Likes on 183 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by Brittnie Jane
I wast told by my dealership that it's all most likely due to the hand crafting where as others are machine crafted...
ROFL, now that’s funny!

On the the good news side, mine has been rattle free for 50+K miles
The following users liked this post:
rearviewmirror (07-12-2019)