C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Command Screen Displays Reduced Size Image

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 08:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 AMG Package
Unhappy Command Screen Displays Reduced Size Image

Hi there, I have a 2017 C300 With the AMG package and a few weeks ago the image on my display in the middle shrunk and shows smaller now. It is drawn to the left side of the screen and you can see an empty space on right and bottom. I do not have the multimedia package in my car but it still came with the larger screen installed from the factory, I guess the 7", not the 5.8". I took my car to the dealership twice...First time they did some recalls and when they called me back and I went to pick to pick up the car, the screen was not fixed. I complained about it so the shop foreman called me a few days later and asked me to take the car back there for some "additional testing". Today, the service advisor called me and told me that my car was meant to come with the 5.8" display but somehow the factory installed the 7" which was meant to go into another vehicle...and hence, they can't fix it! He also suggested that I just continue to drive it the way it is because "there was no way that display ever worked correctly", or trade it in for another vehicle. He added that they could order me the smaller screen but that would be pointless since the image would show the same - small.
This whole thing is very disappointing to me since the large screen worked fine for almost 2 years and it was one of the reasons I picked this particular vehicle. I also see that people are upgrading both the 5.8 and the 7 inch screens with larger, higher resolution screens and they seem to function just fine, regardless of the original size!
Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or comments regarding this matter?

I would greatly appreciate any input here!

Thanks

Display Issue
Old 04-17-2019, 08:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
If it worked fine and recently shrunk, and the dealer is saying “it was always 5.8inches,” that’s a red flag and I’d reach out to MBUSA.
The following users liked this post:
cyberghost00700 (04-18-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 11:02 PM

C300 AMG Package
Well, it did work fine and I would not buy the car if it did not...I even grabbed my sales guy and brought him to Service to confirm that fact but he does not want to get involved now...I mean he works for that dealership. I also reached out the MBUSA twice but they do not seem to care much...I called and emailed and both times they said that they trust the expertise of the local dealerships and I should take my car there for service...
But the local dealership is giving me the story about the mismatch of parts at the factory and ... not offering any solution to fix it at this point. I think I may have to try another dealership to see what they have to say.
Hey, thank you for responding!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
With your most recent service invoice - call MBUSA customer care (mornings best) and explain you want your C-Class screen working well as you have had it - they will open a case - and doors should maginally open..
The following users liked this post:
cyberghost00700 (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 11:20 AM

C300 AMG Package
I may have to go get my car back and try that! Thank you for your suggestion. I like my car and I like it to be fully functional.