C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Hood Open Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 10:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
C300
Hood Open Warning

Tired searching found nothing.

My wipers wouldn't work when the car was in park for some reason and I found it odd, as soon as I started driving the dash warning came on that my hood was open.

I tried opening and closing, hard and soft, nothing works. Warning stays on. Anyone encounter this?

Coincidently my car is scheduled to go into the dealership tomorrow for the wrist pin noise.

Not a good start to my CPO 2015 C300 that I've owned for less then 3 weeks....
Old 05-02-2019, 10:08 AM
CJG

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by charmz
Tired searching found nothing.

My wipers wouldn't work when the car was in park for some reason and I found it odd, as soon as I started driving the dash warning came on that my hood was open.

I tried opening and closing, hard and soft, nothing works. Warning stays on. Anyone encounter this?

Coincidently my car is scheduled to go into the dealership tomorrow for the wrist pin noise.

Not a good start to my CPO 2015 C300 that I've owned for less then 3 weeks....

That does suck. Par for the course, though, in my experience. I have to keep a running list on my phone of the problems to have checked at my next services. I gave up on taking it in for all the small stuff as I never had my car.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:52 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
C300
After google search, I took the advice of some owners of different model MBs and slammed the hood... The light went off.
Maybe I was just babying it....
Not sure if its a malfunctioning sensor or something that needs adjusting, but I wouldn't expect to have to slam the hood that hard in order for it to shut properly.