C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Traction control and check engine light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 w204
Traction control and check engine light

On a long distance ride the traction control light on the dash along with a “inoperative see operator’s manual” message and “collision prevention assist plus inoperative” message appear on the screen. The check engine light also came on. I noticed a significant delay when pressing on the gas pedal. After returning to the car after it was turned off for several hours, the traction control light was off. Since then, the traction control light comes off and on, the check engine stays. I have the CPO warranty until November, has anyone experienced this? And was it covered by the CPO warranty? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1. Check Engine Light - No one can telepathically read your codes for your CEL - you need a scanner to do that

2. Traction Control - that might have triggered a stores code - best thing you can do from your end is to recheck individual tires pressures at all 4-wheels ( per the pressure stated inside the fuel filler door) to see if uneven pressure has triggered that.

3. If you have a Check Engine Light and Traction Control going off-line on it's own - the YES you should schedule a Service Appt at your dealer
Old 07-15-2019, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 w204
Thanks, I haven’t gotten a chance to pull the codes. I will check the tire pressure on the tires. As of today, all the lights went away on their own.