C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Would appreciate some audio advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 E200
Would appreciate some audio advice.

Hi fellow mercedes owners, hijacking the w205 thread because w213 doesn't seem as lively with both knowledgeable and passionate members.

I am driving a w213 and have been thoroughly enjoying the discussions made with regards to upgrading the Audio20 stock sound system. I've been looking at plug and play systems by rainbow / eton / groundzero
https://www.rainbow-audio.de/en/spea...line/mercedes/

As well as heeding the advice of mike who explained that without an aftermarket dsp am, spending the dough on expensive 2 way focal components is just not worth it as compared to going with mtx coaxials for the front doors.

I'm curious if these plug and play speakers would be better without amps as compared to just doing up the two way coaxials? I'm trying to go for value here as I am not the biggest audiophile.

Would also appreciate some advice for members who have opted to put a 6/8inch subwoofer into the driver's footwell, what were the amps and sub woofers you went with?

Thanks for taking the time to read and i look forward to your sharing!
Old 07-17-2019, 03:07 AM

W213 E200
Hoping to get some input here from you guys!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The most "affordable" 2-way set w/crossover is from Steg - but your earlier statement is spot on - without a DSP upgrade what you do with speakers alone is not going to get you where you wants.

The "top" DSP/amp combo in Match would be M 5DSP & M 2FX for the sub...

A more affordable twist - Match Helix brand PP 41DSP 4-channel w/DSP "built" as VW upgrade with correct integration cable for your W205 - some out there for bargain $200 - check with Fischer/Match distributor US Distributor to give you the correct harness/connector
Old 07-19-2019, 04:04 AM

W213 E200
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
The most "affordable" 2-way set w/crossover is from Steg - but your earlier statement is spot on - without a DSP upgrade what you do with speakers alone is not going to get you where you wants.

The "top" DSP/amp combo in Match would be M 5DSP & M 2FX for the sub...

A more affordable twist - Match Helix brand PP 41DSP 4-channel w/DSP "built" as VW upgrade with correct integration cable for your W205 - some out there for bargain $200 - check with Fischer/Match distributor US Distributor to give you the correct harness/connector
Thank you for responding. I'd like your opinion regarding the steg 2 way crossover plug and play without dsp as compared to going with cheaper 2 way coaxials from alpine / mtx.

Your suggestions regarding the sub and Amp looks good. But are those combinations able to fit into the driver's footwell?