C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
C450 Issues

Anyone hearing a thumping sound from the E-Brake when the car is put in drive and then press the gas with their C450?

Also, do you hear a clumping sound from your steering column when it goes to your set position?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please remember "E-Brake" as the term you use is Electronic Parking Brake - and since it is electronic it is no longer a "Emergency-Brake".

1. Yes - the sound you here is the locked down Parking Brake releasing under the tension of driving away. If that bothers you then use the Parking Brake Release Handle before you hit the accelerator - please understand the Rolling-Release System was designed to eliminate the "oh sh*t I forget to release the Parking Brake - this time" - frankly most people misuse this feature to develop a sloppy no-pull-release habit.

2. Yes - if you need to have that part of the EZ-Exit to move the wheel up - yes, this can happen. Alternatively, especially if you don't use EZ-Exit - it is best every few weeks to use the steering wheel control to move the wheel full-up/full-down a couple of times - and full-in/full-out a couple of times - to prevent "frozen in place" - you can understand since this is the steering column - yes when it is in place at the position you want - it's firmly in place at that position.

If you have a C450 - and if it is under remaining 4yr/50Knew car warranty - or under CPO - on these two issues if you ever have any doubts take it to the dealer while you still have coverage.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
I do know the E-Brake differences.

1. This happens when the parking brake is disengage. I want to know if others are having this issues and the other.

2. I cannot find anything on EZ-Exit Do you have a link? If I drive the car everyday, then why do you have to do that exercise? Other German made cars do not do this.

I know I can take it to the dealer but I am unsure of your reply as I cannot find any info on the Rolling-Release system. Do you have a link?

Thanks for your reply.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C205 Coupe
Probably related: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...elerate-2.html