C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2016 C300: Passenger seat comfort / interior quality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru Forester
2016 C300: Passenger seat comfort / interior quality?

We were all to set buy a 2016 C300 until we test drove a MB certified, accident free model, which ended in a big disappointment:
The passenger seat lacked of thigh support, due to its short, low seat surface. We also noticed a rattling noise from behind the passenger side sun visor as well as from somewhere inside the b-pillar. This is nit-picking, but I would also not expect the center console under the radio to squeak if I lightly press against it.

Nothing dramatic, but certainly not what I would have expected from a vehicle in this price class.

I think the one we drove was just a base model. Do other trim levels have other passenger seats?

Are squeaks / rattles of the interior common? I found some other related threads, but don’t know who’s widespread these issues are.

Since some on this forum also drive other luxury brands and MB models: How does the C-Class interior compare to the E-Class or BMW, Audi or Lexus interiors?

Oliver
Old 08-12-2019, 06:57 PM

C300 4matic Sport
I know this may seem like a strange question but have you tried raising the passenger seat, and adjusting the thigh support on the seats?
I drive a 2016 c300 as well, 4matic with the sport package, and I had originally felt as if the seats, both driver and passenger, were too low so I played around with the seat adjustments and was able to raise them to my liking.
Extending the thigh supports increased the comfort greatly. Passenger side thigh support may be a manual lever.

Last edited by Jaxxun; 08-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
My opinion

JD Power's classifies the C300 as a "luxury sedan" - and if this is your first Mercedes - please understand the C300 offers a very wide range of option packages and individual options that do have a impact on original MSRP - and impact pre-owned value - and Mercedes Certified in general is a very legitimate program.

In the 2016 model year - as compared to 2015 - overall the C300 became a bit more "refined" - there there are two options in 2016 that could be pertinent to your search - details attached - (1) Rarer Premium 2 Package and (2) Rarer "Luxury Package" looks like "Baby S-Class".

I have not personally seen or had any "rattle issues".. 2016's also come with MercedesMe Remote Start which is handy/dandy in Summer and Winter..

Overall in Mercedes Certified C300's in mid-$20's with Mercedes Financial Special rates can be a dang good value buy .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2016 C300 VALUE OPTIONS.pdf (353.1 KB, 55 views)
Old 08-12-2019, 10:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
For an extra ~10k, you could get a 2019 loaner vehicle
Old 08-12-2019, 10:24 PM

Subaru Forester
Originally Posted by Jaxxun
I know this may seem like a strange question but have you tried raising the passenger seat, and adjusting the thigh support on the seats?
I drive a 2016 c300 as well, 4matic with the sport package, and I had originally felt as if the seats, both driver and passenger, were too low so I played around with the seat adjustments and was able to raise them to my liking.
Extending the thigh supports increased the comfort greatly. Passenger side thigh support may be a manual lever.
The driver's seat was actually comfortable, the passenger's seat however appeared to be very short. From what I recall, it was also not as adjustable as the driver's seat.

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
JD Power's classifies the C300 as a "luxury sedan" - and if this is your first Mercedes - please understand the C300 offers a very wide range of option packages and individual options that do have a impact on original MSRP - and impact pre-owned value - and Mercedes Certified in general is a very legitimate program. [...]
Thanks for the information regarding the trim levels.
Maybe I should check out another C-Class, in a different trim-level. Or an E-Class, which would however be a year or two older, for the same price.