C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New Paint Job

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 01:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C400
New Paint Job

I need some suggestions on correcting various chips and lines on the road. Should I do a full repainting via Mercedes or try an independent provider?

And are there other services that can correct these lines (some of them can be felt using the finger nail test). Please help.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C400
any help? or suggestions?
Old 08-13-2019, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
very subjective....

chips... use the touch up pens.. unless you want perfection than you will need to repaint the panel...

scratches... depends on how deep... if it didn't get past the clear you can buff or worst case sand/buff them out.... if they are past the clear and into the paint itself then it's again a touch up pen or for best result get the panel repainted....
Old 08-14-2019, 11:33 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
There are independent shops who will do paint correction. The quality of their work would vary from shop to shop, but Yelp or other references could provide you more information about which ones are reliable. In terms of cost, I think independent shops charge depending on the amount of area they need to cover and the time/labor. Does Mercedes offer this service? I would expect the price charged by Mercedes would be much higher vs the independent ones.

Is there a particular reason you're concerned with the chips/scratches? Do you plan to sell the car or return a lease and you're concerned about the additional costs here?

I have a 9-year old car and it has lot of chips/scratches in the front bumper/hood area because it was left unprotected. For my new Merc, within the first few weeks I went with PPF for the fronts, rears and sides along with Ceramic Coating for the full car. I plan to keep the car for a long time and I found this to be a reasonable cost for that. I also found that this also helps with washing the car easily.