C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

I need your help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300 w205 2015
I need your help please

Hey every one i have mercedes c300 w205 2015 with 50k miles on it i bought it 6 months ago i have a problem with the transmission hard shifting from gear 1 to 2 to 3 and slipping in gear 2 and sometimes in 1 the shifts are bad and the down shift from 3 to 2 is harsh and noticeable and i have a lot of weird noises comming from the engine when its cold it makes a very loud popcorn noise its very loud and comming from under the engine and other noises so iam thinking of selling it or fixing it its out of warranty and they can’t know what is the problem i need your opinion does it worth keeping the car and fixing it or sell it i love this car and its relatively new so i want your help if you experience any of these problems and what’s your opinion and i dont want it to get worse and broke down so I can’t fix it or afford the cost of repairs please help me its irritating me and i cant sleep because of it sorry for the long post and for my bad language english is not my mother language thank you 🙏

Last edited by Bassam A Yaseen; 08-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
Originally Posted by Bassam A Yaseen
Hey every one i have mercedes c300 w205 2015 with 50k miles on it i bought it 6 months ago i have a problem with the transmission hard shifting from gear 1 to 2 to 3 and slipping in gear 2 and sometimes in 1 the shifts are bad and the down shift from 3 to 2 is harsh and noticeable and i have a lot of weird noises comming from the engine when its cold it makes a very loud popcorn noise its very loud and comming from under the engine and other noises so iam thinking of selling it or fixing it its out of warranty and they can’t know what is the problem i need your opinion does it worth keeping the car and fixing it or sell it i love this car and its relatively new so i want your help if you experience any of these problems and what’s your opinion and i dont want it to get worse and broke down so I can’t fix it or afford the cost of repairs please help me its irritating me and i cant sleep because of it sorry for the long post and for my bad language english is not my mother language thank you 🙏
I remember reading a post by you a while back. The car has a lot of issues, and I've been to the dealership numerous times. You don't have a mercedes dealership available to you, right? To be honest, if I were in your position, I would take the loss and sell it. It seems like you're already having issues with it, and no one really knows how to fix it. These problems are not gong to go away, and will likely get worse. Rather than waste your time, energy (and sleep) over it, I would get rid of it. Its a nice looking car both inside and out, but not worth the headache if you don't have access to a dealership.

I remember you mentioning it could be a wrist pin issue. If that is the case, it would have to be repaired by someone with experience doing the repair. I'm sorry for your troubles. I definitely feel your pain and frustration but getting rid of it is the best thing you can do at this point.
The following users liked this post:
diamondsilver16 (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 01:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C300
Talking Go Fast Bit DV+ T9358

Hey every one i have mercedes c300 w205 2015 with 50k miles on it i bought it 6 months ago i have a problem with the transmission hard shifting from gear 1 to 2 to 3 and slipping in gear 2 and sometimes in 1 the shifts are bad and the down shift from 3 to 2 is harsh and noticeable and i have a lot of weird noises comming from the engine when its cold it makes a very loud popcorn noise its very loud and comming from under the engine and other noises so iam thinking of selling it or fixing it its out of warranty and they can’t know what is the problem i need your opinion does it worth keeping the car and fixing it or sell it i love this car and its relatively new so i want your help if you experience any of these problems and what’s your opinion and i dont want it to get worse and broke down so I can’t fix it or afford the cost of repairs please help me its irritating me and i cant sleep because of it sorry for the long post and for my bad language english is not my mother language thank you ��

Try to use the DV+ T9358 139 USD instead of the factory one you will see the different.Install within 30 minutes and very easy. Smooth like a CVT transmisson. You can do the reset on the transmisson via Youtube. But the DV can solve all the trouble that the model w205 has. It is the secret that no body know.
  • TMS Technology for faster boost recovery on gearshift and during throttle modulation
  • Improved boost holding ability

Last edited by Khanh Tran; 08-22-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:34 AM

c300 w205 2015
Here’s a clip of my engine sound

Originally Posted by Elbandito
I remember reading a post by you a while back. The car has a lot of issues, and I've been to the dealership numerous times. You don't have a mercedes dealership available to you, right? To be honest, if I were in your position, I would take the loss and sell it. It seems like you're already having issues with it, and no one really knows how to fix it. These problems are not gong to go away, and will likely get worse. Rather than waste your time, energy (and sleep) over it, I would get rid of it. Its a nice looking car both inside and out, but not worth the headache if you don't have access to a dealership.

I remember you mentioning it could be a wrist pin issue. If that is the case, it would have to be repaired by someone with experience doing the repair. I'm sorry for your troubles. I definitely feel your pain and frustration but getting rid of it is the best thing you can do at this point.
thanks for your reply I recorded this video of my engine sound and you can hear the pop sound at 6-9 seconds i have mercedes Benz dealer in my country but its very expensive and we don’t have c300 in here we only get the c200 or c250 or c180 from germany so they don’t have the parts for my car and they dont know about American mercedes problems like wrist pin or transmission when i tell them about the problems they didn’t hear of them or having them fixed
this is the like for the video
Old 08-22-2019, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 221 Likes on 186 Posts
W205 2015
thanks for your reply I recorded this video of my engine sound and you can hear the pop sound at 6-9 seconds i have mercedes Benz dealer in my country but its very expensive and we don’t have c300 in here we only get the c200 or c250 or c180 from germany so they don’t have the parts for my car and they dont know about American mercedes problems like wrist pin or transmission when i tell them about the problems they didn’t hear of them or having them fixed
this is the like for the video https://youtu.be/Yka7WIJoGMI
Which country are you located? I recommend you fix your car and then sell it if you wish. No one will buy a damaged car unless you give it away for a crazy low price. The seller will be buying your headaches... If your dealer is way expensive find yourself a descent mechanic. Please advise where do you live so we have a clear understanding of your situation. I live in Lebanon. I am not sure if there a difference between a US c300 and a German c300 mechanical wise. It is a German car.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:09 AM

c300 w205 2015
Originally Posted by Andy74
Which country are you located? I recommend you fix your car and then sell it if you wish. No one will buy a damaged car unless you give it away for a crazy low price. The seller will be buying your headaches... If your dealer is way expensive find yourself a descent mechanic. Please advise where do you live so we have a clear understanding of your situation. I live in Lebanon. I am not sure if there a difference between a US c300 and a German c300 mechanical wise. It is a German car.
I live in palestine and i took it to many different mechanics and they told me that nothn wrong with it i try to fix it many times and no one knows the problem its not like the car can’t be driven its just a bad experience my dad drives the car and doesn’t notice any of these problems you need to pay attention to notice them
Old 08-23-2019, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
I live in palestine and i took it to many different mechanics and they told me that nothn wrong with it i try to fix it many times and no one knows the problem its not like the car can’t be driven its just a bad experience my dad drives the car and doesn’t notice any of these problems you need to pay attention to notice them
Dude I am tending to believe that there is nothing wrong with it I hear its noise and its just like mine. Also your dealer, all mechanics told you that there is nothing wrong with it in addition to your dad. So take my advice and keep it as it is or sell it now and get yourself a German C class. We have a good dealer in Lebanon called Gargour that is where I maintain my car. I believe Gargour is also the dealer in Palestine.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:54 PM

c300 w205 2015
Originally Posted by Andy74
Dude I am tending to believe that there is nothing wrong with it I hear its noise and its just like mine. Also your dealer, all mechanics told you that there is nothing wrong with it in addition to your dad. So take my advice and keep it as it is or sell it now and get yourself a German C class. We have a good dealer in Lebanon called Gargour that is where I maintain my car. I believe Gargour is also the dealer in Palestine.
The engine is not the thing that scares me its the transmission its very obvious its not acting normal and i dont know why the engine problem is the weird sounds that comes from it see my video above i dont know what to do with transmission hard shifts from 1 to2 to 3 with jerky feel very hard and obvious and down shift from 3 to 2 and sometimes in 4th gear gargour is in palestine too i took it to many mechanics they told me to change fluid but i dont think this is the problem i dont want any mechanic to destroy the car rather than fixing it i want a professional and I can’t find one and iam confused here in palestine we have very high customs and my car is free from customs so if i sell the car it will get around 30k$ if i want to buy a new or used one it will cost up to 50-60k$ So iam confused

Last edited by Bassam A Yaseen; 08-23-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
The engine is not the thing that scares me its the transmission its very obvious its not acting normal and i dont know why the engine problem is the weird sounds that comes from it see my video above i dont know what to do with transmission hard shifts from 1 to2 to 3 with jerky feel very hard and obvious and down shift from 3 to 2 and sometimes in 4th gear gargour is in palestine too i took it to many mechanics they told me to change fluid but i dont think this is the problem i dont want any mechanic to destroy the car rather than fixing it i want a professional and I can’t find one and iam confused here in palestine we have very high customs and my car is free from customs so if i sell the car it will get around 30k$ if i want to buy a new or used one it will cost up to 50-60k$ So iam confused
So your telling me that that Gargour which is the official dealer of MB in Palestine cannot fix your car. I think you are afraid of the cost but think of it this way your car is free from customs so there is no harm in paying little extra to fix this car once for all so you can keep it.