C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 4MATIC No Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 04:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300 4MATIC
Unhappy 2015 C300 4MATIC No Sound

There is no sound coming from the audio system. It is a Burmester. I have the Nav, Sirius, Command, Tel etc options. So the whole system behaves as normal, but for no sound. I can use the navigation but it will not "audio" instruct. I can dial out so the tel module is also working. There was no Sirius subscription so I called Sirius and they have put me back on the preview. The preview displays on the command screen when I select the Sirius. Do not think it is fuse related as nothing is dead except the sound.
Opened the trunk and to the passenger side next to the fuse panel, I found the Sirius module and Comfirt module. I put the Sirius in an optic loop but does not help fix the audio issue. The sirius module is getting the red blinking optic light. Hence I started searching for the Audio Amp. Opened the left side of the trunk but there is nothing there.
Anyone has any ideas - how to proceed ? What could be wrong and where is the amp on this C300 ?
Old 09-22-2019, 07:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C250
I believe the amp are on the passenger side (right side)

I could be wrong
Old 09-23-2019, 12:40 PM

2015 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by shan16
I believe the amp are on the passenger side (right side)

I could be wrong
I opened up the right passenger trunk side. What I have is the Sirius module and Comfort module.
There is no module on the left side of the trunk.
I have seen some older videos that say the amp is under the driver seat. That needs the carpet to be cut open.
I need someone to confirm before I go cutting that carpet.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 PM

2015 C300 4MATIC
So here is where it sucks big time. There was a 15Amp fuse in the fuse panel in the car trunk that tested bad in a multimeter test. I replaced it with another working 15Amp. I got a little curious and took out the 30 Amp and 2 other 40 Amp fuses and put them back. I did all this to get my sound back. Instead, now the trunk light is gone, the trunk did not open for an entire day using the remote fob, Check Left Signal and Right Signal, Check Rear lamp error are there on screen, the blinkers blink too fast and WORST, the FUEL CAP is locked. I ran to the dealer here and they manually unlocked. Refilled the gas and now I am waiting for my service appointment to be scheduled.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 AMG-Sport Package
Originally Posted by Sanjeev Joshi
So here is where it sucks big time. There was a 15Amp fuse in the fuse panel in the car trunk that tested bad in a multimeter test. I replaced it with another working 15Amp. I got a little curious and took out the 30 Amp and 2 other 40 Amp fuses and put them back. I did all this to get my sound back. Instead, now the trunk light is gone, the trunk did not open for an entire day using the remote fob, Check Left Signal and Right Signal, Check Rear lamp error are there on screen, the blinkers blink too fast and WORST, the FUEL CAP is locked. I ran to the dealer here and they manually unlocked. Refilled the gas and now I am waiting for my service appointment to be scheduled.
Did you disconnect the battery while you were removing/attaching fuses?