C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Problems with my headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W205)
Problems with my headlights

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased new headlights for my C300 (W205). I had the stock OEMs (halogen model). I purchased and installed by myself the Dual LED ILS headlights. I do not have the sensors required to make the headlights adapt to turns and car in front of me but I am ok with them being stationary.

The problem that I am having with these lights is that at night the lights on the inside do not turn on and it limits the brightness and effectiveness of the headlights (see the attached pictures). When the high beams are turned on they do light up but I am currently limited to about 20 feet of well light vision.

Does anyone have any solutions as to how to get those to turn on?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

View from inside the car.

Inner light not turning on when automatically on and manually turned on.

About 20 feet of well lit ground which is not safe for driving on dark roads.

View from right in front of the car.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:36 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
16 C300 W205
Halogen to Led

Hey Joey,

Question. First of all, the upgrade looks awesome. I currently have halogen and would love to upgrade my lights to the LED as well. Was the mod difficult ? was it plug and play ? How did you make the change and where did you find the headlight assembly ?
The following users liked this post:
joeymk25 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 06:10 PM

C300 (W205)
Originally Posted by Cilo C Class
Hey Joey,

Question. First of all, the upgrade looks awesome. I currently have halogen and would love to upgrade my lights to the LED as well. Was the mod difficult ? was it plug and play ? How did you make the change and where did you find the headlight assembly ?
It was actually quite easy but there aren’t many helpful videos out there to guide you. I have no experience with cars, this was my first mod every and it took me about 2 hours. Here’s the link to the lights that I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mercede...277?nav=SEARCH

It is truly plug and play but you may need to make an adjustment to aim the headlights up to give you better vision as I have come to find out. Although they are pricey they make your c class look much more luxurious.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:22 PM

16 C300 W205
did you need to remove the bumper to install the lights ?
Old 10-03-2019, 06:29 PM

C300 (W205)
did you need to remove the bumper to install the lights ?
As far as I’m aware, yes. That is how I did it and it seems to be the only possible way. There is a video on YouTube that shows you how to remove the bumper but be careful when doing it.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:49 PM

16 C300 W205
Gotcha, I probably used that video before. I upgraded my grille recently. So what problem is the light giving you? That's a lot of $$ for it not to be functioning properly.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 PM

C300 (W205)
Gotcha, I probably used that video before. I upgraded my grille recently. So what problem is the light giving you? That's a lot of $$ for it not to be functioning properly.
What grill did you get? I was thinking of changing mine. And in regards to the lights I believe I found the solution. I messaged the seller of the lights and they said it sounds like nothing is wrong with the lights I just need to adjust them so that I get better field of view.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:45 AM

16 C300 W205

I opted for the diamond grille - pretty easy install but it would require for you to remove the bumper again. Some folks have swapped out the grille without removing the bumper but I think it would be an easier mod to just remove it and install grille of your choice. I purchased mine on ebay. Let me know if you want me to include link and how much I paid. So Joey, I'm happy you figured out the problem with the lights. I'm super interested in upgrading my halogen lights. Like really interested. almost thought about trading in my car because I hate these lights so much so forgive me if I seem a bit eager to ask a ton of questions. First, are you happy with the purchase ? happy with seller ? are you happy with the overall functionality of the lights I mean they are a bit on the costlier side of things. and hmmm, well any complaints or concerns about them ? oh and how long should the bulb last and what will you do when they burn out ? thanks in advance
Old 10-05-2019, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C220d
W205 c220d estate facelift

Hi,

I've got a 64 reg Mercedes C220D Estate which I've facelifted to 2019 spec with change of headlights etc.

The new multibeam led headlights I've fitted don't work, the led drl brow comes on but the beams, indicators and headlights don't come on, is there anyone who could help me please?

Old 10-06-2019, 08:45 AM

16 C300 W205
Originally Posted by Jabs
Hi,

I've got a 64 reg Mercedes C220D Estate which I've facelifted to 2019 spec with change of headlights etc.

The new multibeam led headlights I've fitted don't work, the led drl brow comes on but the beams, indicators and headlights don't come on, is there anyone who could help me please?
Have you tried to contact seller? Are those from Otto? Seems like they’re the seller most people are purchasing their upgraded led lights from unfortunately they Seem that they’re not perfect quite a few issues reported- fortunately Otto has received favorable customer service reviews - try giving them a shout if they’re your seller if not def contact seller accordingly