C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Anyone buy the TurboKits.com C300 Turbo Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2019 | 05:12 AM

2015 C300 w/ AMG Package
Question Anyone buy the TurboKits.com C300 Turbo Upgrade?

Did anyone buy the TurboKits.com C300 Turbo Upgrade? It's looks good but I can't seem to really find any reviews of anyone doing it on their c300. Just want to know, if you did the mod, how was it? Did you face any problems after the installation? is it worth the money? Do you really see the power that they claim it gets? Should I do it? Also umm this is a stupid question but I have 3rd party warranty, this mod could void that correct?

Let me know, thank you!
Old 11-03-2019 | 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Itsmin
Did anyone buy the TurboKits.com C300 Turbo Upgrade? It's looks good but I can't seem to really find any reviews of anyone doing it on their c300. Just want to know, if you did the mod, how was it? Did you face any problems after the installation? is it worth the money? Do you really see the power that they claim it gets? Should I do it? Also umm this is a stupid question but I have 3rd party warranty, this mod could void that correct?

Let me know, thank you!
Upgrading turbos could cancel any part of your warranty that could be effectively argued as linked to the turbo install. For example, if you damage your engine or TQ converter is could easily be argued that this is due to the upgrade. Now if your headlights quit working that's probably not linked to the turbo right? Basically, if you due major upgrades on the vehicle and something expensive goes kaboom, there's a good chance the warranty company will investigate. If their investigation leads them to suspect your mods caused the failure they will deny coverage and the burden will fall to you to prove that your mods did not cause the failure.

For a turbo upgrade, I think it's safe to assume that warranty coverage for your engine, tranny, and ECU (you will need a custom tune), will be minimal at best.