C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Add keyless entry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 2019 4Matic
Question Add keyless entry

Hi,

I Have W205 C200 2019 with Keyless Go but Not Keyless entry.
What parts I need to change to have keyless entry feature, at least the driver's door?

Door handle? receiver? remote key?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Old 03-08-2020, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 311 Likes on 229 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
I assume you mean you have Keyless Start and want Keyless Go.

Keyless Go is very complicated. There are antennas all over the car, for instance. That's how it knows where the key is and prevents you from locking the keys in the car. Here's a description of an old version, but it's gotten more complex over time.
https://www.benzworld.org/attachment...go-pdf.266718/

Because of the security implications, it would be very difficult to get a hacked set of components to be accepted by the car. At a minimum there would be a lot of coding involved. It's one of those upgrades that would be more expensive than selling the car and buying one that has it.

Last edited by whoover; 03-08-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:32 PM

C200 2019 4Matic
I have the push button to start the car, but not the hands free access to the car..
the door handles don't have the sensors..
the manual you sent seems very old, I believe I have those antennas, as I cant lock the car while the key is in anyway..
So what do I need to do here? just change the door handles?
Old 03-08-2020, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 311 Likes on 229 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by hms217
I have the push button to start the car, but not the hands free access to the car..
the door handles don't have the sensors..
the manual you sent seems very old, I believe I have those antennas, as I cant lock the car while the key is in anyway..
So what do I need to do here? just change the door handles?
Configuration is model dependent, but I suspect you will need:
4 door handles
4 door handle bases
4 handle trim rings
4 handle outside caps
4 door control modules
Keyless Go antenna receiver (3)
Center console receiver (may be same as Keyless Start)
wiring harnesses
EIS
Trunk handle
Trunk control module
SCN coding of EIS
Keyless Go entry control modules (4)
Keys
Old 03-09-2020, 02:37 PM

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
W205 C200 AMG Line Premium
Plus whatever is in the rear bumper that allows it to open and close by waving your foot about.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:15 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
Compustar can do it aftermarket
Old 03-14-2020, 01:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mercedes W205
It's easy to retrofit the doorhandle and costs like $190 for one keyless enttery doorhandle, but the thing is I don't know if it requires activation with coding, or if it is plug and play with keyless go cars. I can give you a link if you want, then you can ask the seller, about that
Old 03-18-2020, 08:14 PM

Black W222 S350
Originally Posted by Wail Faridi
It's easy to retrofit the doorhandle and costs like $190 for one keyless enttery doorhandle, but the thing is I don't know if it requires activation with coding, or if it is plug and play with keyless go cars. I can give you a link if you want, then you can ask the seller, about that
Hi could you send me the link as well please
Old 03-18-2020, 10:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C205 C43 AMG
try this http://www.gzcarphone.com/mercedes-b...ystem_p53.html

I've bought a few bits of these guys, very pleasant people.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:01 AM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
I have this and never use it.
I always lock my car by pressing lock 2 times so this is deactivated
Old 03-20-2020, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
You can always email the China vendor -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_
Old 03-20-2020, 03:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
magLipVE
It is possible for "Keyless Start" buy only this button? I havn´t got "Keyless Start and Keyless Go" After buy it I need code for my car... do you know?
Old 03-25-2020, 02:35 AM

Mercedes W205
Hey guys sorry for the late reply, things have been hectic lately. Anyway, I spoke to the seller, he said that the kit he sells is plug and play and doesn't require any programming if you have keyless go (push to start engine). He is a decent seller that won't bail on you and will answer all your questions, I bought from him again and again, he even gives me discounts everytime I buy from him, and ships fast. Here's the link: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWNa5Ou
If you want to push the trigger on retrofitting the keyless entry feature, do it soon since there is a discount going that takes $50 off so it's only $199 with free shipping. Just make sure you contact him to confirm your year and tell him Wail sent you, he might even give you a small discount extra. Good luck with this guys.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:44 PM

W205 c300h
Hey guys sorry for the late reply, things have been hectic lately. Anyway, I spoke to the seller, he said that the kit he sells is plug and play and doesn't require any programming if you have keyless go (push to start engine). He is a decent seller that won't bail on you and will answer all your questions, I bought from him again and again, he even gives me discounts everytime I buy from him, and ships fast. Here's the link: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWNa5Ou
If you want to push the trigger on retrofitting the keyless entry feature, do it soon since there is a discount going that takes $50 off so it's only $199 with free shipping. Just make sure you contact him to confirm your year and tell him Wail sent you, he might even give you a small discount extra. Good luck with this guys.
Hi man. I recently bought this exact item from the same seller. I got it at 180$. Looking forward to receiving it, but will take longer than usual with all this coronavirus thing going on.
Anyway. Did you manage to install it? Does it work fine?
The seller told me:
-it is plug and play, no programming required (it comes with the controlling box that goes originally placed on the left side of the trunk)
-it will work with my current key as it is keyless go capable (car is from 2017) working at 433mhz
-I've been told that even the push start button would work so I bought one from AE for 9$

Can you confirm any of the above??

I will comment here once I get mine installed too
Old 04-12-2020, 03:18 PM

Mercedes W205
I haven't bought it myself, I just tried to help the OP who asked for it yet didn't really do anything once he got answers. I find this to be a n=nice to have gimmick rather than smtg I'd hate not having, since it's basically the same thing, tho the start-stop button imo is a must have. To answer your question, yes the start-stop button you bought from AE is probably going to work, based on what you're saying, it's pretty cheap too so no reason not to have it. If the button works, then the door handles will work too. Please post about your progress in this thread so if people come looking for it in the future they'd find answers.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:40 PM

W205 c300h
I haven't bought it myself, I just tried to help the OP who asked for it yet didn't really do anything once he got answers. I find this to be a n=nice to have gimmick rather than smtg I'd hate not having, since it's basically the same thing, tho the start-stop button imo is a must have. To answer your question, yes the start-stop button you bought from AE is probably going to work, based on what you're saying, it's pretty cheap too so no reason not to have it. If the button works, then the door handles will work too. Please post about your progress in this thread so if people come looking for it in the future they'd find answers.
Sure. Will post my progress and if it works will also post some pictures.
For now I uploaded the manual of how to install this kit in a A177 car. The guide should also be valid for W205:

https://files.fm/f/tx4v8q49
Old 07-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by Drak91
Sure. Will post my progress and if it works will also post some pictures.
For now I uploaded the manual of how to install this kit in a A177 car. The guide should also be valid for W205:

https://files.fm/f/tx4v8q49
Any update? =D
Old 07-08-2020, 02:05 PM

W205 c300h
Originally Posted by fortesquieu
Any update? =D
Not yet. I'm still waiting for my package to arrive (90 days and I think it's lost somewhere...)
​​​​​​However I found out that:
-These Chinese kits are meant to be installed in cars with keyless go already installed (the push to start button)
-This is not plug and play, even if you have the start button, it still requires coding if your car is pre face-lift (<2019)

​​​
Old 07-08-2020, 02:39 PM

C300
Not yet. I'm still waiting for my package to arrive (90 days and I think it's lost somewhere...)
-These Chinese kits are meant to be installed in cars with keyless go already installed (the push to start button)
-This is not plug and play, even if you have the start button, it still requires coding if your car is pre face-lift (<2019)

​​​
Ok thanks.

I'll check with the local independent mechanic to see how much they charge to install these.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:03 PM

M271 W205

​​​
interested to hear also, only need it on one door also, painting it would be the only thing i would have to do
Old 08-18-2020, 11:02 AM

W205 c300h
Originally Posted by Cyoulater
interested to hear also, only need it on one door also, painting it would be the only thing i would have to do
Originally Posted by fortesquieu
Ok thanks.

I'll check with the local independent mechanic to see how much they charge to install these.
I received the package form China with the door handle with exactly the same colour as my car so I won't have to paint it.
Problem is I only got 1 antenna and I think I would need at least one more (center console to detect when the key is inside the car + rear left door to detect when you approach the car and allow you to open it with the keyless door handle).
I also miss the keyless module which connects the all thing to the car CANBUS. But this can be found in Ebay for 40 dollars +-.

Will keep you posted if I get the parts I need and go ahead with the install.

Ps: of course this also needs programming via OBD to enable the keyless functionality
The following users liked this post:
fortesquieu (08-18-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 11:19 AM

M271 W205
I received the package form China with the door handle with exactly the same colour as my car so I won't have to paint it.
Problem is I only got 1 antenna and I think I would need at least one more (center console to detect when the key is inside the car + rear left door to detect when you approach the car and allow you to open it with the keyless door handle).
I also miss the keyless module which connects the all thing to the car CANBUS. But this can be found in Ebay for 40 dollars +-.

Ps: of course this also needs programming via OBD to enable the keyless functionality

Awesome, thank you. That's all i really want anyway, when i get sick enough to want to do the passenger door, so i can be a gentleman i will. But i like how the DRLS come on as i do it stealthy in my pocket from a far

programming shouldn't be too hard, but a lot of muppets on this forum are too scared to get a OBD2 to USB and start doing some coding to their cars modules.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:42 PM

C300

Please keep us updated!
Old 10-25-2020, 11:45 PM

GLC 250 SUV X253
Anyone tried this install and has good news? I got a handle, antenna, wires and obd tool from aliexpress for my 2017 GLC (my car has keyless start not keyless entry) and used the obd upgrade tool that works via Wechat (all translated from chinese using a second mobile phone with a google camera translation) and connecting to the obd tool from phone via bluetooth to select the car model in the tool. I have chosen the installation of 2 handles (I only have one) and the tool did its thing without errors. However, it did not work. I tried using Xentry/Das to monitor the status of the handle in the keyless module and it is showing the change of status when the handle is touched inside (open) and outside(lock). The Chinise handle therefore works but there is a programming problem or a problem with key codea. Xentry indicates error because the handle in the passanger side is not present. I have searched the forum and found nothing specific, only some people trying to make additional keys to work with KG and some posts discussing that the key track should be 1 and 2 to work with keylessGO. if anyone knows where to program additional parameters in xentry please let me know.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:04 AM

M271 W205
i saw the same kit, what if you ordered a second handle, you think it would work?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Add keyless entry