C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 rotor replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4matic
2015 C300 rotor replacement

I have a slight vibration when braking from 65. The service manager told me the rotors are out of spec so I'm looking at replacing all of them including new pads. I have seen good deals on brembo, powerstop, stoptech, and zimmerman. I am not sure why I have to buy MB rotors other than the center hub is made of lightweight high tensile steel to keep the overall weight of the assembly down. I would imagine that my suspension has been tuned for these lightweight rotors. Am I tempting fate by looking at non MB stuff since there is a great deal of savings by not using factory parts. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-23-2020, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Sure - you can shop for the Rotors and Pad's you want - purchase on the internet - and frankly find a independent competent tire/brake shop to do the install for you - in my area it's about $75-$100 per axle.

Please understand depending on "what model C-Class" changes what rotors and pads are the correct fit - Standard - Sport - AMG.

Yes - you have a wide choice - just for your reference

1. Rotors - the "standard MB" are Zimmerman Z-Coat - and Autohausaz.com has sharp price on Genuine MB (Zimmerman Z-Coat) in MB boxes w/MB part #. Don't be too impressed by "brand" - "brand" rotors are by-and-large OK nothing really stands out other than difference in price - in non-brand you can get ventilated/etc for same/less price.

2. Pads - genuine Mercedes semi-metallic front/rear set w/sensors like $210 internet. You can do a forum search for those owner's who have chosen to "move up" to Ceramic pads - for me the feel on ceramic are not my thing. A decent factory equivalent semi-metallic in almost-a-brand are Centric PosiQuiet/Posi-Quiet Semi-Metallic which are beveled at the edges and pre-"burned"

Old 03-23-2020, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4matic
W205 replacement rotors

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Sure - you can shop for the Rotors and Pad's you want - purchase on the internet - and frankly find a independent competent tire/brake shop to do the install for you - in my area it's about $75-$100 per axle.

Please understand depending on "what model C-Class" changes what rotors and pads are the correct fit - Standard - Sport - AMG.

Yes - you have a wide choice - just for your reference

1. Rotors - the "standard MB" are Zimmerman Z-Coat - and Autohausaz.com has sharp price on Genuine MB (Zimmerman Z-Coat) in MB boxes w/MB part #. Don't be too impressed by "brand" - "brand" rotors are by-and-large OK nothing really stands out other than difference in price - in non-brand you can get ventilated/etc for same/less price.

2. Pads - genuine Mercedes semi-metallic front/rear set w/sensors like $210 internet. You can do a forum search for those owner's who have chosen to "move up" to Ceramic pads - for me the feel on ceramic are not my thing. A decent factory equivalent semi-metallic in almost-a-brand are Centric PosiQuiet/Posi-Quiet Semi-Metallic which are beveled at the edges and pre-"burned"
I found a great kit from powerstop than had all rotors drilled and slotted including pads and sensors. The price was very reasonable but the catch was the weight of the rotors were about 10 pounds per wheel higher than the original rotors. My driving style is leisurely and not hard on braking. Just checked the front pads and still had a lot of pad left after 20K miles. Will the additional 10 pounds per wheel change the suspension geometry or cause additional wear. I'm a DIYer so I'll be doing all the work. If there is a set you recommend better than the powerstop let me know. The reason for the change is a high speed vibration when braking at 65 mph. Around town is fine. I was just think of lightly resurfacing the rotors and do nothing else. Does that sound like a good idea. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-23-2020, 05:11 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
1992 MB 190E, 2016 MB C300
I think that 10 lbs/wheel is not realistic. Maybe a pound or so is more like it.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 186 Posts
W205 2015
I always go OEM. Quality, durability, warranty, and most importantly wont damage the car. Ok I agree OEM costs more but you get what you pay for. All savings you make on aftermarkets might be gone if something goes wrong with the car due to these aftermarkets spare parts.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
Skip the parts from dealer. If you can get OEM from 3rd party even better. Since you can DIY, buying cheaper aftermarket parts would be best because of outrageous prices the dealer charges for OEM brake parts and labor. It's not like OEM rotors and pads lasts long time on our cars. Try different rotors and pads and send us a review.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Originally Posted by stockbmw
Skip the parts from dealer. If you can get OEM from 3rd party even better. Since you can DIY, buying cheaper aftermarket parts would be best because of outrageous prices the dealer charges for OEM brake parts and labor. It's not like OEM rotors and pads lasts long time on our cars. Try different rotors and pads and send us a review.
StockBMW, why dont you try these aftermarket safety products on your own car and send us your review 😂 I agree dealer prices are outrageous, I use Kunzmann website and let the dealer install. Dealer agree to install OEM parts. Yes labor cost is expensive but from my experience they do it right the first time. Outside mechanics in Beirut are not quite professional for example they work by trial. Even worse you can see them writing Mechanic Services for ALL cars 😂
Old 03-24-2020, 06:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
1992 MB 190E, 2016 MB C300
Here in the USA, it's easy to find very competent mechanics that are very qualified to work on Mercedes apart from the dealers and charging about half the labor charges. Brakes on these cars are easy. Any good mechanic can do them.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205 2015
Originally Posted by dennish
Here in the USA, it's easy to find very competent mechanics that are very qualified to work on Mercedes apart from the dealers and charging about half the labor charges. Brakes on these cars are easy. Any good mechanic can do them.
You guys are lucky. In Lebanon the only competent place is the dealer. By the way we only have one single dealer who has one single carage in the whole country.